“We are still here, couldn't wait any longer!”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Were only here for a weekend away to catch the last week of We Will Rock You before it closes. This hotel is right up there with the best in the world.
We have been to a few and do know the difference.

Small, intimate and perfect staff - all of them. You are just as likely to get the hotel manager deliver your bags as the porter. Do come here as an antidote to the big impersonal hotels that you all to often find (even 5 star ones).

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank reachingthestars
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the Egerton House Hotel and how delightful to hear that you felt that we were right up there with the best in the world. We certainly work hard to achieve this and it is rewarding and reassuring to receive such comments as yours. We are small and intimate and do have a very dedicated team who want to make your stay memorable to I am thrilled that we did this for you.

I do hope that we will have pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This hotel is just great! Small, stylish, very nicely maintained and furnished and perfectly located in the heart of London. All the rooms are different and the bar at the ground floor has a very charming bar man offering the "best martinis in town". The staff is very helpful and the rooms are just perfect. Nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so thrilled that you think the Egerton is just great, small and stylish and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very centrally located on a quiet street in the hearth of London. The rooms are indeed all very individual with no two decorated the same and the bar is very special with Antonio at the helm.

I have passed your king words to all the team who appreciate it and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance at any time.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I arrived (slightly early) at The Egerton House Hotel on Saturday 10th May, I was greeted at reception by two lovely ladies, and then shown to the drawing room. My waiter explained the menu to me, and said what sandwich's they were serving. I wasn't intentionally having the champagne afternoon tea, but upon the waiter explaining the menu I decided to have a glass. The champagne was brought out first, followed by the afternoon tea, and then the tea was served. A few personal touches including pouring my tea, and adding milk, which I thought was quite nice.

The afternoon tea consisted of 4 sandwiches, off the top of my head I remember salmon and coronation chicken. Then the scones, one plain one fruit. The top tier consisted of various different small cakes, unfortunately I couldn't finish the yellow cupcake, my eyes are evidently too big for my stomach.

The service was just so attentive, I honestly felt like nothing was too much hassle. I much prefer smaller hotels as the staff really seem to go the extra mile. Perhaps because there isn't too many staff so they get to know each other, there was definitely a friendly atmosphere.

The setting was beautiful too, Egerton terrace is a stunning part of Knightsbridge. Perfectly situated a stones throw from Harrods, ideal for a break if you've been shopping. The drawing room was beautiful, the decor is classic and just to my taste. I asked where the toilets were and I was shown to them, which again is just another personal touch from the Egerton House.

The bill was £48 for champagne afternoon tea. This may seem expensive, but for London standards it's quite inexpensive really. To conclude I had a fabulous time and I most definitely will return when I'm next in London.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Lewis0102

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that your experience of our Afternoon Tea was fabulous and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on the site. It is such a lovely treat and should be memorable.

A warm welcome always sets the tone so I am delighted that you had a lovely greeting on arrival and that the waiter was attentive and explained everything in detail to you giving you the opportunity to enjoy a glass of champagne while the chef prepared everything freshly for you. The selection of sandwiches are delicious as are the freshly made scones with Devonshire clotted cream. It is a shame that you didn’t manage to finish your cupcake, they too are delicious

We have a wonderful and long standing team at the Egerton and we all get along very well so it is nice to know that it was evident. We are all very passionate about what we do and strive offer the highest level of service possible to all our guests.

I am so pleased that you thought the hotel was beautiful and we are in a stunning part of Knightsbridge, close to Harrods and Harvey Nichols so ideal for a spot of tea followed by some shopping.

I do hope that you will return on a future visit when you are next in London and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance at any time.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

If you love feeling like royalty, you might find this small upscale hotel near Knightsbridge particularly enjoyable for pampering. We were treated well and everything we asked for was taken care of by attentive and knowledgeable staff.

We stayed three nights in suite 21. We liked the clean, beautifully decorated and well-appointed room with a comfortable king size bed and really fast internet. It comes with almost every important amenity and we appreciated the quality in the design, fixtures, bedding and furnishings. It was obviously designed by those who understand and are willing to invest in excellence.

I wanted to give the Egerton five stars because the employees treated us like royalty, but I can't. Some things are just different about a structure built in 1800's. By western luxury standards, room 21 is small, maybe about 200 sq. ft. and there are too few electrical outlets for recharging devices like computers, smart phone and tablets. I didn't appreciate that loose windows rattled my brain (even with earplugs) all night the first night (they were fixed them at my request) or the nine minutes we were stuck alone in the elevator the last night. Everyone apologized profusely and Michelle the manager even provided us complimentary afternoon champagne and tea for two (£90 retail) to salve our nervous laughter. We would stay at the Egerton again but not before evaluating other upscale hotels as well.

Room Tip: If you have a problem with anything, just ask ASAP.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site following your recent stay with us and I am thrilled to hear that you were treated like royalty and felt pampered throughout your stay.

I am also delighted that you liked your room, which you felt was clean, beautifully decorated and well appointed, with comfortable bed and really fast internet. We do continuously invest in the property and have an on going maintenance plan.

It is an old building built circa 1820 so I am sorry that you felt the electrical outlets were too few and that the windows rattled and I have brought both issues to the attention of our maintenance team. Also with regards to the elevator may I apologies once again for the inconvenience and I can assure you that it is maintained and serviced regularly so breakdowns are a very rare occurrence’s. It is unfortunate that it happened on this occasion and again my apologies for the inconvenience it caused you. I am pleased that you enjoyed your Champagne Afternoon tea with us as a gesture of our goodwill.

I do hope that you will return on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I have got to say how very very happy we were staying at this hotel this last weekend! From walking through the front door and the warm welcome from reception staff!
To the information of local 'Good' restaurants and the warmth that greeted us in general.
The quality of this hotel kept going.(Also the welcome glass of champagne-Nice!)
Antonio in the bar was a breath of old style glamour -With his 'Special' Martinis to his stories of old and departed stars whom he had the graciousness to keep their magic alive (as did his Martinis) The breakfast with the most lovely and efficient friendly staff added to the special touches of this establishment! We will return here as soon as we have some time to and no question! This place is a Jewel in the Capitol. Cannot wait for the return visit!!! This Aberdeen couple are more than delighted! Thank you all!

Room Tip: I don't think The Egerton has a bad room!!!!!!
1  Thank jacksmumjoy

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to hear that you were very happy with your recent stay at The Egerton House hotel and that you received a lovely warm welcome by the team. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your glass of champagne and that you felt general warmness throughout your stay . We are very passionate about our property and we all take great pride in our little gem and want each guest to feel exactly as you did. All of the team are very knowledgeable on restaurants so I am pleased that we were able to assist with your requests. There are a lot of great restaurants within walking distance of the property.

Antonio is indeed a breath of old style glamour with his martini’s and anecdotes of times gone by and the wonderful people he has been privileged to meet in his 40 years of being the maestro of martini’s

I have passed your lovely feedback to the team who are grateful for your kind words and recognition on a job well done and we sincerely hope that you will return to visit very soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Egerton House Hotel in November and had such a lovely time. It's perfectly situated for shopping in the Harrods area. The breakfast was excellent each morning and the cocktails were perfect at night. We stayed in the Victoria and Albert Suite which was just stunning. We would go back in an instant.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goodtrips01
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site following your stay with us in November and I am delighted that you had a lovely time at The Egerton. It is very centrally located for shopping at Harrods, Harvey Nichols and the iconic shops on Brompton Road.

Delighted that you enjoyed the breakfast and cocktails and that you found The Victoria & Albert suite stunning.

I do hope that you will get the chance to return on a future visit and please do contact me if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Well.....where do I begin? This hotel is outstanding on all levels.
My husband and I chose the Egerton for our honeymoon after reading the recommendations on Tripadvisor.
As soon as we arrived we knew we had stepped in to a very special place ...the welcome was warm and friendly and we were given complimentary champagne and were immediately put at our ease and made to feel at home. It was apparent that all the staff took pride in their work - so professional yet personal.
The surroundings are breathtakingly beautiful and maintained.
Our room was sumptuous yet practical , with attention to detail.
After returning from our first evening out we sampled one of Antonios martini s .... Theatre at its best ...only have 1!!! A charming and delightful gentleman.
We returned to our room to find it had been adorned with candles and rose petals , strawberries dipped in chocolate awaited and champagne was on ice ...wow! We truly felt like royalty.
The breakfast is served anytime between 7-11am which allows time for a relaxing start to the day. The breakfast itself was exquisite.
Thank you to Michelle and all her magnificent staff - we have made a promise to return next year for our anniversary. Thank you so so much xx

1  Thank GaryStorer1962

Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure looking after you on your recent visit to The Egerton House Hotel to spend your honeymoon with us and I am pleased that you found us outstanding on all levels. We take great pride in the service provided to our guest’s and it’s nice to know that from stepping through the door that that you felt you had made the right decision to spend your special time with us.

I am so pleased that you liked your room and found the surroundings breathtakingly beautiful and well maintained. We work incredibly hard to make sure The Egerton is always looking it’s best.

Antonio’s martini’s are a must sample and while delicious one is more than enough, even though he doesn’t think so.

It is was so nice to be able to share your very special occasion with you and to hear that you felt like royalty when you returned to your room to find a romantic turndown with chocolate dipped strawberries and chilled champagne. It was our pleasure to spoil you.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back for your first Anniversary when we will have the pleasure of spoiling you once again.

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance at any time.