“Staying with friends”

Ranked #3 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
“Staying with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I recently spent one week at the Egerton Hotel and could not have been more pleased with the hotel or the staff. The hotel is in a charming neighborhood where quiet streets of homes turn into streets with shops and or restaurants. Imagine turning a corner and seeing a small church in the middle of homes!

The location is close to the South Kensington Underground, Harrods’s and the Victoria & Albert Museum. We walked to Buckingham palace for the Changing of the Guard and did some great window shopping along Brompton Road.

The facilities were impeccably clean. Turn down service included tea or chocolates on the bed and a card with the next day’s weather. There was a lovely continental breakfast served every day consisting of fresh juices, croissants, pastries, smoked salmon, cheeses, meats, cold cereals and fresh fruit. A larger menu of hot foods is also available. Be sure not to insult your hosts and order a hot breakfast because the proper start to a good day is a full English breakfast! Meals are available throughout the day in the drawing room, bar or in your room. Afternoon tea is a must. The coronation chicken is very good and the scones with clotted cream are yummy! Add a glass of champagne to your meal and feel like a royal. Stop by the bar for a martini and a good story.

The staff! OMG…words cannot describe how awesome the staff is! Kind, considerate, professional, warm, and welcoming are some of the words that come to mind. Each day we were greeted with smiles and genuine caring about how we were spending our day or how we enjoyed our day. They are helpful regarding dinner recommendations/reservations, suggestions for entertainment or museum visits. We found the overall staff to be widely knowledgeable on a variety of topics and felt as if we were catching up with friends. They open the hotel door for you when you are leaving for the day and make sure you have a bottle or water or umbrella with you before you leave for the day.

We truly enjoyed our holiday. It was sad leaving people who had become part of our family. We encourage you to stay at this lovely hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jodeye34
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure taking care on you on you recent visit to The Egerton House Hotel and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the site on your return home. It is rewarding to hear that you could not have been more pleased with the hotel or the staff and that you also loved the neighbourhood. We are in a wonderful location just off the Brompton road with its iconic shops, close to South Kensington, Harrods and the Victoria & Albert museum but also but also located on a very quiet street.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the Continental breakfast. The full English is also delicious and a great way to start the day. Maybe next time we can tempt you? Our Afternoon tea is a wonderful treat and a must when visiting and add a glass of champagne to make it even more special. The martinis are not to be missed either and are indeed accompanied by some very interesting anecdotes.

We have a very dedicated team of people who are a fountain of knowledge when it comes to the best shows, restaurants, where to go, what to see and do, so I am thrilled that you appreciated their assistance and that you thought everyone was kind, considerate warm and welcoming at all times. We all love what we do and we want to do it to the best of our ability. It is our aim to provide all our guests with a memorable stay and I am so pleased that we did this for you and you were sad to leave.

I have passed your kind words to everyone who appreciate your time and wonderful feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back hopefully next year.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Michelle Devlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was lucky that my company booked me into this hotel on my last trip to London. My room was a bit on the small side but not a problem as I was traveling solo and it had everything I needed. Staff was extremely helpful. The location (near Knightsbridge) was great and really felt like home. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 362juliannar
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the site following your stay with us in March and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I am sorry to hear that you felt that the room was a little on the small side but equally pleased that you felt it was it was not a problem and that you had everything that you needed. The location is indeed great and thank you for your kind comments about the staff which I have passed on to everyone.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on a future trip to London and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Istanbul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Egerton House Hotel is definitely one of the best hotels I have stayed in London. The location, friendliness and attentiveness of the staff, the luxury elements are just perfect. Every little detail is thought of.

Only down side could be that the rooms are a little small. But it did not bother us much because we did not spend so much time in our rooms, and the rooms were equipped perfectly. The bar of the hotel is so nice that I don't think anyone would sit in their rooms.

I'm afraid what they need to work on is their breakfast. The continental breakfast is limited but normal although it costs 21 pounds. But the scrambled eggs and hash brown I have ordered to my room were a total disappointment.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site for us following your recent stay with us and I am delighted that you thought that it was the best hotel that you have ever stayed in. I am pleased that you liked the location, friendliness and attentiveness of staff and that the luxury elements were perfect.

I am sorry to hear that you felt that room was a little small but pleased that it was not an inconvenience and that you took advantage of our beautiful Drawing room and bar. I am also disappointed that you did not enjoy your breakfast and that you feel that it needs some work and I have discussed your feedback with our Food and Beverage Manager.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Summit, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Our recent stay at the Egerton was as if a friend with an elegant townhouse invited us for a visit and took care of the details. The location is a short walk to the Knightsbridge Underground station where one can connect with trains to points of interest(buy an Oyster Card). Each room in the house is uniquely appointed with antique pieces and art. The mattress and beddings are quite comfortable. Room amenities are excellent quality. The staff is very professional but not detached from the service that they provide. They are well-informed on restaurant recommendations, museum schedules, theater and sightseeing options. The only negative is having to leave!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the site following your stay with us and I am delighted that you had a memorable stay with us and that you only negative was that you had to leave. The Egerton is indeed an elegant townhouse and our guests do become our friends.

We are very centrally located in the heart of Knightsbridge with goods links to buses and underground stations.

And our rooms are very comfortable and very unique and we do have a very large art collection. We also have a very knowledgeable team of dedicated people who are on hand to answer any questions you may have whether it be the best restaurant, the latest exhibition or the hottest show in town. Thank you for your very kind words which I have passed to everyone.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Gem of a hotel, fantastic staff, super comfy, relaxing and vibrant bar/lounge, and best afternoon tea ever! Thank you for making everything perfect right down to candlelit baths and the lovely little scented pouch for our luggage! We will be back

Room Tip: The rooms we had were small (35 & 45) , but so well appointed it didn't matter! There are la...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Debiwhe
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you much for taking the time to post a review on the site following your stay with us and The Egerton it is indeed a little gem. I am delighted that you felt that your overall stay was perfect and that you enjoyed the extra little touches. I do hope that the scented pillow will bring back nice memories of your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance in the meantime.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We booked this hotel because of its close proximity to the Royal Albert Hall (around a 15 minute walk). It is seconds off Brompton Road and a very short walk away from Knightsbridge (Harrods etc) and in the opposite direction the museums (V&A, Science and Natural History) so we thought the location was excellent. We also strolled to the Kings Road which was a pleasant walk and afforded the opportunity to admire the many beautiful buildings along the way. The staff are really lovely and very attentive even though we were only there for one night. They kindly offered to book us a table in a local restaurant for dinner and offered us bottled water when we ventured out the next day as it was so hot. Breakfast was very nice. We had two rooms which were adjacent and had an additional door closing them off from the main landing; effectively making them interconnecting and we could prop each bedroom door open to give an added feeling of space. We did feel that there was a lot of furniture in each room but accepted this as the style. Best of all was that it was very quiet at night which is very important to us and I had a wonderful nights sleep. All in all a very good hotel; clean, comfortable and with excellent attentive staff. I would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Gilly W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the site following your stay with us this month and I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and that you thought the location was excellent, the staff were really lovely and attentive and that you were well looked after even though your stay was short.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed breakfast with us and that you liked your room combination. They are very comfortable and very quiet and I am delighted that you had a good nights sleep.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I use to come to this hotel when I came for holidays in London.
Everything was always perfect from the moment you come in to the moment you check out.
I still come to the bar for vodka martinis (which are the best in London to me) served by Antonio-
If you want to impress a girl for a cosy drink, this is the place of choice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of The Egerton and I am delighted to hear that while you do not have the need to stay anymore you still come to visit for one of Antonio’s vodka martinis. They are the best in London. We do hope that you will continue to return time after time and we thank you for your continued support.