“A Perfect Week”

Ranked #3 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Hartford, Connecticut
“A Perfect Week”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was so happy that after searching on line at many many hotels that we decided on the Egerton House. It truly felt like our home away from home. Caring staff, spectacular martini's, lovely rooms - just a great experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chelsea M
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest,

It is an enormous pleasure to read your glowing review of The Egerton House Hotel. It makes me very proud that the service we provide to the many special guests that stay with us makes for memorable occasions.

I do very much hope to welcome you to The Egerton House Hotel in the not too distant future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if we may be of any assistance at all.

Michelle Devlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed a short time ago at this hotel..generally excellent but being international travellers had 2 suitcases which fitted in the small hallway..
My real issue is the cramped bedroom issue... Ours had 3 side tables, one couch, one coffee table,one desk with chair, a bench seat,....and finally a king size bed.
We couldn't move,nor could we put anything down as every surface was covered with either covered in documents, equipment or decorations...
Ultimately we had to get some of the furniture removed to get into bed or sit on the couch..

5 Thank 993rs
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay at The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I very much appreciate your review and regret that you found your room cramped. I do hope however, that you shall not be discouraged from staying with us in the future. I would like the opportunity to welcome you back and perhaps we can look at our larger room categories in order to make your stay more comfortable.

I would like to also thank you for describing the Egerton House as being generally excellent and providing top marks for service and cleanliness.

I very much hope to welcome you back personally in the not too distant future and thank you once again for your review.

Please do contact me if I may be of any further assistance in any way.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was a very nice and luxurious hotel. The staff were extremely friendly and the rooms were luxurious and welcoming. This is a perfect hotel for a few nights stay to relax. The rooms were a bit small but apart from that it was a great hotel

Room Tip: Get one of the best rooms if you're visiting. We had the deluxe queen and it wasn't very big...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank dalekjdgc
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your visit with us earlier this month and I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and thought that the hotel was very luxurious.

I am also delighted to hear that you found the staff extremely friendly and the hotel perfect hotel for a few nights to relax. I am sorry to hear that you found the room a little small, we do have 5 different categories and all very individual.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us directly so we may assist with your room choice.

Totnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed at Egerton house for 2 nights, the staff were top notch and gave fantastic service to my wife and I, Knightsbridge is a wonderful setting to be in when visiting London, particularly for visiting the Science and Natural history museums. The breakfast service was varied and all delicious and though strange sounding I must recommend the Martinis! They were perfectly mixed. All in all a wonderful place to stay when visiting the city.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank David H
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting a review on the site for us and I am delighted that you found the staff to be top notch and that you appreciated the fantastic service. We are located in a wonderful setting with lots of local attractions on our doorstep yet on a very quiet street.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed the breakfasts and that you also managed to sample one of Antonio’s martinis. They are said to be the best in London.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here in room 44 for one night. Beautiful hotel, attentive staff and personalised service. They discovered it was my birthday while we were checking in and when we returned from dinner the staff had placed a cupcake and a birthday card in the room. Our only disappointment was the lack of fresh flowers in the room despite them being stated on the website. The breakfast was lovely and the welcome drink was also a nice addition. Beware the Martinis, they are excellent but very potent! Location was excellent and very quiet too considering where it is. We are looking forward to staying here again in the future.

2 Thank Patrick M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. The Egerton is a beautiful little hotel with a team of highly motivated people who want to make sure that that you have a memorable time with us and I am delighted that you appreciated this.

I am so pleased that we found out it was your birthday and were therefore able to join in the celebration and am so thrilled that you liked your little surprise.

I am sorry that you were disappointed by the fact that your room didn’t have fresh flowers. We actually put planted orchids in all our rooms. However that said I have made a note that for any future visits your preference would be fresh flowers.

The breakfasts are delicious and the martini’s potent but both are a must if you stay at The Egerton so I am pleased you got to sample both.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I recently spent one week at the Egerton Hotel and could not have been more pleased with the hotel or the staff. The hotel is in a charming neighborhood where quiet streets of homes turn into streets with shops and or restaurants. Imagine turning a corner and seeing a small church in the middle of homes!

The location is close to the South Kensington Underground, Harrods’s and the Victoria & Albert Museum. We walked to Buckingham palace for the Changing of the Guard and did some great window shopping along Brompton Road.

The facilities were impeccably clean. Turn down service included tea or chocolates on the bed and a card with the next day’s weather. There was a lovely continental breakfast served every day consisting of fresh juices, croissants, pastries, smoked salmon, cheeses, meats, cold cereals and fresh fruit. A larger menu of hot foods is also available. Be sure not to insult your hosts and order a hot breakfast because the proper start to a good day is a full English breakfast! Meals are available throughout the day in the drawing room, bar or in your room. Afternoon tea is a must. The coronation chicken is very good and the scones with clotted cream are yummy! Add a glass of champagne to your meal and feel like a royal. Stop by the bar for a martini and a good story.

The staff! OMG…words cannot describe how awesome the staff is! Kind, considerate, professional, warm, and welcoming are some of the words that come to mind. Each day we were greeted with smiles and genuine caring about how we were spending our day or how we enjoyed our day. They are helpful regarding dinner recommendations/reservations, suggestions for entertainment or museum visits. We found the overall staff to be widely knowledgeable on a variety of topics and felt as if we were catching up with friends. They open the hotel door for you when you are leaving for the day and make sure you have a bottle or water or umbrella with you before you leave for the day.

We truly enjoyed our holiday. It was sad leaving people who had become part of our family. We encourage you to stay at this lovely hotel.

1 Thank jodeye34
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure taking care on you on you recent visit to The Egerton House Hotel and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the site on your return home. It is rewarding to hear that you could not have been more pleased with the hotel or the staff and that you also loved the neighbourhood. We are in a wonderful location just off the Brompton road with its iconic shops, close to South Kensington, Harrods and the Victoria & Albert museum but also but also located on a very quiet street.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the Continental breakfast. The full English is also delicious and a great way to start the day. Maybe next time we can tempt you? Our Afternoon tea is a wonderful treat and a must when visiting and add a glass of champagne to make it even more special. The martinis are not to be missed either and are indeed accompanied by some very interesting anecdotes.

We have a very dedicated team of people who are a fountain of knowledge when it comes to the best shows, restaurants, where to go, what to see and do, so I am thrilled that you appreciated their assistance and that you thought everyone was kind, considerate warm and welcoming at all times. We all love what we do and we want to do it to the best of our ability. It is our aim to provide all our guests with a memorable stay and I am so pleased that we did this for you and you were sad to leave.

I have passed your kind words to everyone who appreciate your time and wonderful feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back hopefully next year.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was lucky that my company booked me into this hotel on my last trip to London. My room was a bit on the small side but not a problem as I was traveling solo and it had everything I needed. Staff was extremely helpful. The location (near Knightsbridge) was great and really felt like home. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 362juliannar
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the site following your stay with us in March and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I am sorry to hear that you felt that the room was a little on the small side but equally pleased that you felt it was it was not a problem and that you had everything that you needed. The location is indeed great and thank you for your kind comments about the staff which I have passed on to everyone.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on a future trip to London and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.