“Briliant Staff, beautiful Hotel”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 July 2009

I recently stayed at this Beatiful hotel with my girlfriend, This was on first time as two young adults staying in London.The hotel is not only beautiful, but the staff are lovelly and extrenly friendly.Everyone looked after us and spoiled us.Wonderful , Wonderful, Wonderful.........

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,541)

Reviewed 30 July 2009

Both myself and my wife have stayed in many hotels around the world but we have yet to be made feel more welcome or more comfortable than we were here. None of the stuffiness you would expect of a hotel of this calibre, the place oozes charm, the staff go out of their way to help you and think of what you might need before you do. The candlelit turndown of our room at night was so thoughtful and the bar with Antonio at the helm has a mix of locals and guests that is always entertaining. This hotel is the complete opposite to box chain hotels and our king sized bedroom with original high ceilings was perfectly turned out. If staying in an 18th Century townhouse, in an aristocratic neighbourhood where your every wish is taken care of quickly and efficiently and above all with charm, then this is the place for you. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2009

I chose this hotel because of it's No1 ranking on Trip Advisor. My expectations were therefore very high. Yes the service is wonderful, and the bed fantastic, and the attention to detail superb. And the hotel did give us access to our room at 7.30 am, for which we were very grateful. BUT there are some issues - whilst in a quiet street, you do get some traffic noise from 6am from Brompton Road, though the person taking my booking assured me that there was no traffic noise ( please note that I am particularly sensitive to noise) My daughter could not unpack her bag, as the cupboard space was small (though this may not be the case in other rooms, though we had one of the largest rooms); you could hear the people walking in the room above and the people watching TV in the room next door ( though they were reprimanded by the staff as the volume was on extremely high )...and finally the bathroom shower ( shower in bath) is not the best . Having said all of this we did have a wonderful stay at the hotel - and I would recommend it for its location, bed and service.

• Stayed: July 2009
3  Thank Judy93
Reviewed 19 July 2009

My wife and I enjoyed two nights at the Egerton House Hotel on 16th & 17th July. Although we arrived late our welcome was wonderful and we were shown to our room (43).

The room is one of the smaller ones in the hotel but offered plenty of room for our cases, work items etc and most importantly enough space to get ready and relax.

The décor is stunning, designed to the highest quality and very tasteful. The bathroom was full of Penhaligon products, soft towels, slippers and robes.

We ordered room service and enjoyed calamari (7/10) and rump steak (10/10).

Next morning we had a breakfast meeting and were looked after by super efficient staff. By super efficient I mean we didn’t have to wait for plates to be cleared, teapots to be refreshed or food to be served. It just happened with grace and style – very nice.

We worked outside of London for the day and arrived back just in time for a quick drink before getting ready for dinner.

I could write pages about the experience in The Egerton bar but let’s just say it’s worth a stay just to experience Antionio and his ‘performance’!

Enjoying a Gin & Tonic and a beer was fun but the real show began a little later when we went back to back to the bar for a pre dinner Martini.

We met with two friends, found a corner in the exquisite lounge, Anotino arrived and the show began. I say show because this is no normal Martini experience. I’ll leave it there because like a film review you don’t want me to reveal the plot but I’d give the performance an Oscar (and you couldn’t drink more than one!).

Then just when we thought it couldn’t get better we were introduced to Alex. He was known to us as the very polite and efficient young man who checked us in the night before. But for five minutes he left his post came over to our table and sang – and boy can he sing. His operatic performance was extraordinary – shivers down my spine and open mouthed stunned responses from our guests.

We enjoyed dinner at a restaurant a few minutes away (there a dozens on the doorstep) before heading back to the bar for a night cap – or two.

Saturday morning breakfast was relaxed and with the service open until 11 there was no hurry (we were still sat with papers and coffee at 11.45).

Our stay was completed with a visit to the Victoria & Albert Museum which is only a five minutes walk from the hotel.

At the time of writing Edgerton House is the No1 Hotel in London on Trip Advisor – well deserved and well judged.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I've visited many luxury hotels through my line of work, and must say that the Egerton House Hotel is by far one of the best! The rooms have incredibly charming decor and are quite comfortable and spacious for a boutique hotel. But what really stands out are the employees and level of service. I traveled with six other family members who all arrived at the hotel on different days. Though we were all first-time visitors, the front desk staff welcomed us as if we were regular guests. Each staff member went out of their way to help answer any questions we had and assist with anything we needed during our stay. We adore Beatriz! Don't forget to visit Antonio in the bar - his martinis are not to be missed!

Thanks to the wonderful staff for taking such great care of us!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2009

The Egerton House Hotel is a hotel that we use regularly when staying in London. The staff and service is fantastic and I regularly recommend this hotel to friends, colleagues and business associates.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank EXETER1Exeter
Reviewed 30 June 2009

We just spent ten days there the second time and it was delightful.
Leaving with hugs from the wait staff made one think of childhood at my aunts.
Pampered, is the one word that best describes our stay.
Celebrated our fiftieth anniversary with our son and grandsons.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family