“Efficient and excellent”

Ranked #2 of 1,063 Hotels in London
hertfordshire
“Efficient and excellent”
Reviewed 3 August 2009

I recently discovered the Egerton, the location is superb and the hotel is beautiful, it is charming and the rooms are nicely decorated. But I am here to tell you about the staff and the service. It is and deserves to be NO1. friendly, efficient and consistent, they took care of all my requests and made my stay comfortable and memorable.

I returned to my company and ask them to recommend this hotel to all of our colleagues and will recommend it to anyone! I look forward to returning in September.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Sydney
Reviewed 1 August 2009

I was completely misled by the Reservation staff (Yorrick). I was promised the best suite in the hotel. Two bedrooms with ONE toilet, not pleasant with two teenagers. When I asked Reservation why they didn't inform me about the toilet, they said that "it was not their job to make people aware of the negative aspects of the accomodation". I was due to spend the last night of our European holiday in London and cancelled the Egerton and stayed at 47 Park Street. It was similarly priced and litorally, 10 times as nice. I would highly recommend the latter hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
39 Thank ozijoe
istanbul
Reviewed 31 July 2009

My wife, daughter and i recently stayed at the wonderful Egerton, each time we come to London. We stay there, the service is exceptional, consistent and the staff are simply wonderful and friendly, it is a truly remarkable hotel. Thank you Egerton for always making our London trip a memorable one!

We will see you soon and recommend you to everyone

Ozlem-Canan-Atacan

lithuania
Reviewed 30 July 2009

I recently stayed at this Beatiful hotel with my girlfriend, This was on first time as two young adults staying in London.The hotel is not only beautiful, but the staff are lovelly and extrenly friendly.Everyone looked after us and spoiled us.Wonderful , Wonderful, Wonderful.........

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Both myself and my wife have stayed in many hotels around the world but we have yet to be made feel more welcome or more comfortable than we were here. None of the stuffiness you would expect of a hotel of this calibre, the place oozes charm, the staff go out of their way to help you and think of what you might need before you do. The candlelit turndown of our room at night was so thoughtful and the bar with Antonio at the helm has a mix of locals and guests that is always entertaining. This hotel is the complete opposite to box chain hotels and our king sized bedroom with original high ceilings was perfectly turned out. If staying in an 18th Century townhouse, in an aristocratic neighbourhood where your every wish is taken care of quickly and efficiently and above all with charm, then this is the place for you. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2009

I chose this hotel because of it's No1 ranking on Trip Advisor. My expectations were therefore very high. Yes the service is wonderful, and the bed fantastic, and the attention to detail superb. And the hotel did give us access to our room at 7.30 am, for which we were very grateful. BUT there are some issues - whilst in a quiet street, you do get some traffic noise from 6am from Brompton Road, though the person taking my booking assured me that there was no traffic noise ( please note that I am particularly sensitive to noise) My daughter could not unpack her bag, as the cupboard space was small (though this may not be the case in other rooms, though we had one of the largest rooms); you could hear the people walking in the room above and the people watching TV in the room next door ( though they were reprimanded by the staff as the volume was on extremely high )...and finally the bathroom shower ( shower in bath) is not the best . Having said all of this we did have a wonderful stay at the hotel - and I would recommend it for its location, bed and service.

• Stayed July 2009
3 Thank Judy93
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2009

My wife and I enjoyed two nights at the Egerton House Hotel on 16th & 17th July. Although we arrived late our welcome was wonderful and we were shown to our room (43).

The room is one of the smaller ones in the hotel but offered plenty of room for our cases, work items etc and most importantly enough space to get ready and relax.

The décor is stunning, designed to the highest quality and very tasteful. The bathroom was full of Penhaligon products, soft towels, slippers and robes.

We ordered room service and enjoyed calamari (7/10) and rump steak (10/10).

Next morning we had a breakfast meeting and were looked after by super efficient staff. By super efficient I mean we didn’t have to wait for plates to be cleared, teapots to be refreshed or food to be served. It just happened with grace and style – very nice.

We worked outside of London for the day and arrived back just in time for a quick drink before getting ready for dinner.

I could write pages about the experience in The Egerton bar but let’s just say it’s worth a stay just to experience Antionio and his ‘performance’!

Enjoying a Gin & Tonic and a beer was fun but the real show began a little later when we went back to back to the bar for a pre dinner Martini.

We met with two friends, found a corner in the exquisite lounge, Anotino arrived and the show began. I say show because this is no normal Martini experience. I’ll leave it there because like a film review you don’t want me to reveal the plot but I’d give the performance an Oscar (and you couldn’t drink more than one!).

Then just when we thought it couldn’t get better we were introduced to Alex. He was known to us as the very polite and efficient young man who checked us in the night before. But for five minutes he left his post came over to our table and sang – and boy can he sing. His operatic performance was extraordinary – shivers down my spine and open mouthed stunned responses from our guests.

We enjoyed dinner at a restaurant a few minutes away (there a dozens on the doorstep) before heading back to the bar for a night cap – or two.

Saturday morning breakfast was relaxed and with the service open until 11 there was no hurry (we were still sat with papers and coffee at 11.45).

Our stay was completed with a visit to the Victoria & Albert Museum which is only a five minutes walk from the hotel.

At the time of writing Edgerton House is the No1 Hotel in London on Trip Advisor – well deserved and well judged.