1,675 results
All reviewsbrompton roadafternoon teared carnationdrawing roomrose petalsvictoria and albert museumboutique hotelhome away from homestudio suitesmall hotelthe entire staffrooms are beautifulturn down servicesouth kensingtonfavorite hotelquiet streetwonderful hotel
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Exceptional service. Every detail in place. Breakfast was fantastic. Location is superb. That said, our room was small and it was difficult to find a place to work -- alas, we had email and writing to do each morning. We did find a small table in the lobby, but it is an intimate space and easy to be distracted. We splurged on the most expensive martini I will ever order - but we'll never forget it either. So if you're not working, and you're looking for a place to be pampered -- stay here! And please include the breakfast plan.

Room Tip: Rooms out back are quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at The Egerton House Hotel.

I am so pleased to read your wonderfully complementary comments about the service you received, and that you thoroughly enjoyed your breakfast and our famous martinis! I am sorry that you found the room on the small side and found it difficult to work. Despite us being a small townhouse hotel in the middle of London we do offer 5 different room categories that come have varying sizes and amenities. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for a future reservation so I can ensure we get you a room that fully suits your needs.

Once again, many thanks for your review. I do hope to welcome you back to The Egerton House Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

You feel as if you are staying in a private house, but with complete five-star service. I hate to recommend the Egerton House, in fear the next time I visit London there won't be room left. However, I must recognize their overall excellence in attitude and service.

Room Tip: I won't reveal my favorite room, as it feels like a second home.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Patrick K,

Thank you for writing a review about your most recent stay at The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor.

Your continued support for The Egerton is so appreciated; it is truly wonderful to be able to welcome you as frequently as we do when you come to London. Your comments about the staff are most kind, and they will be delighted that they positively contribute to your stay.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly when you are planning your next London trip.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I recently spent 9 nights at his lovely 28 room boutique hotel and was pleasantly surprised. I am an active older woman traveling alone so I had carefully researched to find a hotel that would be safe for me. All of my expectations were met and exceeded. The hotel is beautifully decorated and well maintained but the staff made the hotel exceptional. All of the staff, maids, front desk, food and beverage and maintenance were warm, cheerful, welcoming, prompt, kind and very helpful. The front desk staff, in particular, were top notch! Thank you everyone! Little touches like an in-room tea and coffee box with all necessary equipment and instructions to call room service for a pot of milk at no charge, every night turn down with sweets in a little mesh bag on the pillow, real orchid plants in the rooms, a fabulous and delicious afternoon tea in the "drawing room" for both people and dogs, a cozy bar for a drink (look at the original drawings), a lovely breakfast room, and red carnations on all trays and tables are just some of the things that make this hotel very special. The hotel is just off Brompton Road in a quiet residential area that is convenient to two underground stations, buses and taxis. The Victoria and Albert, the Museum of the Natural History, Kensington Gardens and Palace, Harrods, several small upscale shops and various restaurants are all within comfortable walking distance. When I return to London I will certainly stay at the Egerton House Hotel. When booking, I was offered a special rate where I paid for 7 nights for my 9 night stay, which included a daily continental breakfast and a $50 food credit. A special note: This hotel is part of the small Red Carnation privately owned world-wide hotel group. I will stay at the other hotels when I am in the other locales!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank pbrown_011

Dear pbrown_011,

Thank you for taking the time to write a such a lovely review about The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is so good to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your long stay with us – it was a pleasure to have you! Your wonderfully kind comments about the staff at the hotel are most touching, and they will all be very happy to know that their efforts truly enhanced your stay. I am also immensely happy to read that you found your room most comfortable and you enjoyed many of the hotel’s amenities, including our tasty afternoon tea!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can personally assist with creating your next reservation.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Stayed in a queen bedroom which was small by US standards, but the hotel more than made up for the room size by the entire staff's attention to even the smallest detail. Staff's delight in making one's stay easy was genuine, like the very best of a b&b in combination with the privacy that comes from staying at a hotel. The location of this hotel is superb. This hotel is perfect for anyone who likes the experience of staying in a fine, small hotel. I will always stay here when I am in London. Any other place would be disappointing by comparison.

Room Tip: The garden offers a lovely and peaceful view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Exfoodie,

Thank you taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor.

Genuine care and passion is something that I can confidently say runs in each staff member who works here, and it is so good to know that you were able to experience this; all of them will be most touched when reading your kind comments.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to The Egerton – please do not hesitate to contact me directly so myself and my reservations team can ensure we allocate you a room that will you will be most comfortable in.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Myself Anar Mammadov. Last year I checked in to this hotel with my wife for a vocation of 15 days. First of all I would like to say that the kind of welcome we received upon checking in, it was too good. Specially when you are tried as hell. Even my wife found the interior of our room impressive. Being a satisfied customer I would suggest this hotel to everyone.. Please give it a try.. U will surely love it.

Room Tip: excellent service
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear anar_mammadov_1,

Thank you for your review of The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful long stay with us and that you were happy with the level of service you received from the staff here, in addition to finding the décor of your room to yours and your wife’s liking.

I do hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us again at The Egerton in the near future.