US$282
US$116
US$331
US$179
  • Fitness centre
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$232
CrownePlaza.com
US$361
US$200
Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
Priceline
  • Room Service
The Langham, London(London)
US$480
US$449
1,637 results
All reviewsbrompton roadafternoon teared carnationdrawing roomvictoria and albert museumrose petalshome away from homeboutique hotelstudio suitesmall hotelthe entire staffturn down servicesouth kensingtonquiet streetlittle toucheswonderful hotelspecial thanks
Reviewed 17 October 2017

When we booked our flights to Europe about 6 months ago, I made a reservation at a place I have stayed before in South Kensington. I love the area and loved the hotel. However, I also decided to keep my eyes open and do more research and read reviews of other hotels in and around the area or very close to it. I found Egerton House and read all the reviews, viewed the photos and then booked this hotel as well. I held 2 reservations until only a week before we left for Europe. As it was getting close for us to make a decision, I knew that the other hotel would NOT disappoint because I had already stayed there. However, I did not stop reading the reviews and we went back and forth and then finally decided let’s go someplace new and hopefully we will be writing this review. Wow, it was an absolute brilliant move! Everything exceeded our expectations. It is a luxurious, quintessentially British boutique hotel! We stayed for 5 nights/6 days and when we booked the hotel they gave us a 50 food credit which was fabulous.

It was an amazing experience. The hotel itself is a lovely boutique hotel with about 29 rooms which was perfect for us. It is located off of busy Brompton Street which was great because you were not right on that main road but close to it. You never heard any noise from anything. The hotel is beautifully decorated and very well maintained. We loved our room and everything else about the interior/exterior of the hotel. The interior had a truly lovely drawing room, gorgeous paintings, furniture, etc. We had a deluxe queen which was the perfect size. It was very pretty room and a really nice size. They provided you with fruit and water every day and a tea/coffee service. They even put little sweets on your pillows during their turn down service and they lite a candle restroom. The breakfast room was great and the drawing room for afternoon tea was simply lovely. There was also a candy & nut bar station set up in the lobby and you are allowed to take as much as you would like. It was simply terrific.

Now let’s get right to the heart of Egerton House – The people who enjoy working there. The reason we stayed there was because of the reviews of the team at Egerton House and they did not disappointment. They were exceptional. They all went above and beyond. They were pleasant to speak with, extremely helpful, nice, warm and welcoming. Truly, everything you needed was welcomed with a smile. They were all amazing. Each day that we were there, we started with coffee and tea in the drawing room for our breakfast and then at the end of each day after hours of touring, we started and ended our evenings in the bar chatting with Sahbi the bartender. He was terrific and extremely knowledgeable and helpful. By Saturday evening he finally convinced George to have one of his famous martinis – apparently there is a reason they are famous because George said it was absolutely delicious!! Sahbi also had great restaurant recommendations that we used. Also, earlier on Saturday afternoon Kathrin the manager was on-site and helped us in the drawing room during our afternoon tea (I convinced George that tea & scones were yummy that he must try them, he gave in and actually did enjoy them). Whatever we needed Kathrin and the others just made sure we had it. I wish I could remember all the names of everyone but just know that each of them is exceptional! So please forgive us for not remembering. Truly!

We will be back very soon. We have decided to go back for a long four night weekend from NYC to London. It’s worth it. Imagine London during the holidays. Thank each and every one of you at Egerton House you all for an amazing stay. Donna & George

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear DMurphy2014,

Many thanks for taking the time to review The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It was such a pleasure to have the two of you staying with us, and we feel quite privileged that you chose The Egerton House in favour of another wonderful hotel you were already familiar with and still you leave us such a glowing review.

I am thrilled that my team have provided you with a memorable stay and you still have the intention to return to stay with us again soon. I shall be sure to have the martinis waiting for you!

Kathrin, Sahbi and the rest of the team extend their best wishes and thanks to you for your kindness. Naturally, we all look forward to welcoming you back to your new London home.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Exceptional service. Every detail in place. Breakfast was fantastic. Location is superb. That said, our room was small and it was difficult to find a place to work -- alas, we had email and writing to do each morning. We did find a small table in the lobby, but it is an intimate space and easy to be distracted. We splurged on the most expensive martini I will ever order - but we'll never forget it either. So if you're not working, and you're looking for a place to be pampered -- stay here! And please include the breakfast plan.

Room Tip: Rooms out back are quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at The Egerton House Hotel.

I am so pleased to read your wonderfully complementary comments about the service you received, and that you thoroughly enjoyed your breakfast and our famous martinis! I am sorry that you found the room on the small side and found it difficult to work. Despite us being a small townhouse hotel in the middle of London we do offer 5 different room categories that come have varying sizes and amenities. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for a future reservation so I can ensure we get you a room that fully suits your needs.

Once again, many thanks for your review. I do hope to welcome you back to The Egerton House Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

You feel as if you are staying in a private house, but with complete five-star service. I hate to recommend the Egerton House, in fear the next time I visit London there won't be room left. However, I must recognize their overall excellence in attitude and service.

Room Tip: I won't reveal my favorite room, as it feels like a second home.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Patrick K,

Thank you for writing a review about your most recent stay at The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor.

Your continued support for The Egerton is so appreciated; it is truly wonderful to be able to welcome you as frequently as we do when you come to London. Your comments about the staff are most kind, and they will be delighted that they positively contribute to your stay.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly when you are planning your next London trip.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I recently spent 9 nights at his lovely 28 room boutique hotel and was pleasantly surprised. I am an active older woman traveling alone so I had carefully researched to find a hotel that would be safe for me. All of my expectations were met and exceeded. The hotel is beautifully decorated and well maintained but the staff made the hotel exceptional. All of the staff, maids, front desk, food and beverage and maintenance were warm, cheerful, welcoming, prompt, kind and very helpful. The front desk staff, in particular, were top notch! Thank you everyone! Little touches like an in-room tea and coffee box with all necessary equipment and instructions to call room service for a pot of milk at no charge, every night turn down with sweets in a little mesh bag on the pillow, real orchid plants in the rooms, a fabulous and delicious afternoon tea in the "drawing room" for both people and dogs, a cozy bar for a drink (look at the original drawings), a lovely breakfast room, and red carnations on all trays and tables are just some of the things that make this hotel very special. The hotel is just off Brompton Road in a quiet residential area that is convenient to two underground stations, buses and taxis. The Victoria and Albert, the Museum of the Natural History, Kensington Gardens and Palace, Harrods, several small upscale shops and various restaurants are all within comfortable walking distance. When I return to London I will certainly stay at the Egerton House Hotel. When booking, I was offered a special rate where I paid for 7 nights for my 9 night stay, which included a daily continental breakfast and a $50 food credit. A special note: This hotel is part of the small Red Carnation privately owned world-wide hotel group. I will stay at the other hotels when I am in the other locales!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank pbrown_011

Dear pbrown_011,

Thank you for taking the time to write a such a lovely review about The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is so good to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your long stay with us – it was a pleasure to have you! Your wonderfully kind comments about the staff at the hotel are most touching, and they will all be very happy to know that their efforts truly enhanced your stay. I am also immensely happy to read that you found your room most comfortable and you enjoyed many of the hotel’s amenities, including our tasty afternoon tea!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can personally assist with creating your next reservation.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Stayed in a queen bedroom which was small by US standards, but the hotel more than made up for the room size by the entire staff's attention to even the smallest detail. Staff's delight in making one's stay easy was genuine, like the very best of a b&b in combination with the privacy that comes from staying at a hotel. The location of this hotel is superb. This hotel is perfect for anyone who likes the experience of staying in a fine, small hotel. I will always stay here when I am in London. Any other place would be disappointing by comparison.

Room Tip: The garden offers a lovely and peaceful view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Exfoodie,

Thank you taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor.

Genuine care and passion is something that I can confidently say runs in each staff member who works here, and it is so good to know that you were able to experience this; all of them will be most touched when reading your kind comments.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to The Egerton – please do not hesitate to contact me directly so myself and my reservations team can ensure we allocate you a room that will you will be most comfortable in.