“Absolutely wonderful!”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 January 2011

We arrived at the warm and welcoming Egerton House Hotel in Knightsbridge after a difficult flight from New York. Tired and weary, we were greeted with smiles and were quickly made to feel right at home.

The service was excellent, particularly the staff in the breakfast room, who were always lovely and helpful. The room was just perfect and the bathroom was luxurious. Wonderful location - a very short walk to Harrods, Hyde Park, lots of restaurants and cafes and Knightsbridge Underground station. We would definitely stay at the Egerton House again and highly recommend it to other travellers.

Reviewed 23 January 2011

My partner & I recently had the pleasure of staying at Egerton House hotel in Knightsbridge, to celebrate our first year anniversary.
From the moment we arrived we felt totally spoilt & at ease, starting with an upgrade to a Queen suite followed by complimentary champagne.
The room was immaculate & very comfortable, we especially liked the flat screen t.v in the bathroom.
Drinks in the bar that evening were a delight as was breakfast in bed the following morning.
We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone & will certainly be returning, very soon hopefully!

Reviewed 23 January 2011

I continue to have great appreciation for TripAdvisor--we found the Egerton House through TripAdvisor and what a GREAT tip that was!

The Egerton is a perfect small luxury hotel.

First, the location is great, just off Brompton Road, only a few steps away from great restaurants (try The Good Earth and Brompton Quarter), Harrods, bus stops, the Victoria and Albert Museum, and the Tube. But it is on a quiet residential street, offering a nice respite from the city's bustle.

Next, the decor of the hotel (from reception, lounge, bar, and dining room to the bedrooms) is elegant and inviting in every detail. Our deluxe king bedroom was beautifully appointed and packed with everything we could possibly need-- down to Scotch tape and scissors in the desk drawer--or want, including candles on the bathtub at night and an Ipod with our choice of music. (Ipods are available at the Reception desk.)

Third, the staff was splendid. They were friendly, quick to remember your name and ask about your day, ready to talk or to do anything you needed, but not hovering. They were THERE, but not in your way. In short, they offered ideal service.

Lastly, the food was delicious. There was a wide range of cooked and cold items for breakfast and everything was prefectly prepared. I agree with the earlier reviewer who suggested that poached eggs was a good test for a restaurant and the Egerton passed that with flying colors. The Eggs Benedict and even porridge were superb.

One caveat--because the hotel is small, tables and chairs in the lounge and bar may be hard to come by. Go early if you want to be sure of a place to sit. And, oh yes, the martinis are just as good as advertized--and they are prepared beside your table in quite a show! I wish I were enjoying one right now....

Both my traveling companion and I agreed that the Egerton House is a treat we certainly hope to give ourselvesf again soon.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank mybagsrpackd
Reviewed 20 January 2011

If you are looking for a hotel which is well located for south Kensington, Chelsea, Knightsbridge and the west end then this is it. The staff are friendly and helpful but not overbearing. Great service, lovely classically styled rooms. Good for couples and for business. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2011

We just returned from a weekend in London staying at the Egerton House. We go away about once a year for some good food, a little nightlife, a show and a nice hotel. At first I have to say that a lot of the choices in hotels this year didn't excite me, but Egerton House lived up to our expectations and more. Very friendly and helpful staff - always a fine line to walk as we like to be looked after and remembered but also retain a degree of privacy. We were upgraded to a suite on arrival at no extra cost. The bar area is relaxed and friendly. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but did have a full room service breakfast which my wife always uses to check whether they can get a poached egg to our room before it goes cold and hard - and it arrived hot and fresh. It is very much a friendly relaxed home away from home.

1  Thank Churchdown_Yank
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I stayed at The Egerton House hotel for the first time this month. Although I had only one night at the hotel it will not be my last.
The room was absolutely delightful, large beautifully appointed and with every amenity one could think of. The bed I can only describe as sumptuous I absolutely adored the pillows. I want some !!!
The staff go out of their way to assist you with anything they can. They offer assistance without being intrusive and mention your name every time you arrive at the desk. it amazes me how they can all know your name from morning staff to night staff. That is attention to detail.
The small bar is delightful and I did treat myself to a martini which was rather potent but equally rather good. I will have to stay longer next time to enjoy the hospitality of the bar. It was really buzzing by the time I left.
I cannot praise this hotel enough. It deserves every review it gets on this site (which is where I found it) and am looking forward to going back.
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2011

This is a very quiet small boutique hotel that is very well located to Harrods, Walton Street, etc and is also very well located to public transport.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming.