Our unit was #11 in The Mansions 1.
We are a family of 4 who travelled to London from Los Angeles in late April 2014. We travel several times a year (both for business and pleasure), and almost always hire a travel agency to handle our travel plans. This trip was booked with an agent, which is how we were introduced to The Mansions. We wanted extra space during this trip, so a hotel wasn't the best option - The Mansions offered lots of room in a good location at a reasonable price.
Had we known that our stay at The Mansions would be so frustrating and problematic, we would have gladly crammed into a small hotel room at a nice hotel where we would have been well taken care of, treated with respect, and been completely happy.
We checked into our "non-smoking" apartment with one of the bedrooms thick with the smell of cigarette smoke. We opened the window (to air it out) that opened onto a lovely terrace - which sounds beautiful except for the fact that outside of that window was at least 25+ cigarette butts all over the ground (probably just flicked out of the bedroom window!) The housekeeping staff hadn't even bothered to clean the terrace between guests checking in and out, let alone change the blankets or bedspread which both reeked of smoke! In a non-smoking property, I can't imagine somebody on staff would not have noticed this situation waaaaay before we checked in.
After that was all cleaned up, we were all ready to get showered and start our vacation…..but wait….no hot water! During our entire 7 day stay at The Mansions, we never had more than 3-5 minutes of hot water on any morning! Only one person could take a hot shower….the others had to shower at other times during the day or night. We called the front office about this problem as soon as we realized it - they sent somebody to look at it immediately. We heard the maintenance man telling the front office that there was a problem with a shut off switch and that a plumber needed to be called. A plumber was called. He came. He said the problem was fixed, but that the unit had a very small boiler. This unit was a 3 bedroom apartment!! A family of 4 should be able to shower without a problem. The hot water problem was never fixed. Another annoying thing that happened that just added to our irritation was that one of the mornings we were awoken to a knock at our door - it was a refrigerator delivery service company arriving unannounced to switch out the fridge in our unit. Thanks for letting us know front office!!! We complained every single day - we were told that there was nothing more they could do about whatever we were calling about. We contacted the management company for The Mansions (CW Lamley & Co.) in hopes that they would be able to help us. Unfortunately, the gentleman we were put in touch with there was not at all sympathetic - in fact, he acted as if we were being unreasonable. Customer service and guest relations is definitely a weakness at this establishment.
With all of the amazing places there are to stay in a fabulous city like London, do your research and make sure you pick a place that is as happy to have you there, as you are to be there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No.1 The Mansions by Mansley is an elegant property built at the end of the nineteenth century, offering a superb selection of extremely comfortable serviced apartments including large three and four bedroom Mansion Apartments. Apartments are distinct and offer spacious accommodation of character, individually designed and decorated. Apartments range from studio's to four bedroom apartments offering a choice of layouts to suit the needs of everyone from business travellers to large family groups. In this lively and cosmopolitan part of London there are numerous cafes and restaurants suiting all budgets. Or if you prefer to stay in and self-cater, the fully equipped kitchens will meet all your needs. The superb shopping of Westfield London, Europe’s largest urban shopping mall, the King’s Road in Chelsea and High Street Kensington are all a short distance away, with Harrods and Knightsbridge also close by. London’s major attractions are also easily reached, including three of the finest museums in the world and exhibitions at Olympia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Agoda, ACCOR, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your No 1. The Mansions by Mansley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansions Apartments Hotel London
- Mansions Apartments London
- Mansions Apartments Hotel London