“First family holiday with 7 month old twins”
Review of 130 Queen's Gate

130 Queen's Gate
Ranked #461 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I came across 130 queens gate via a web search for a service apartment and after 4 nights at the apartments, we have to say that we will definitely be back next time. We got a nice upgrade from our studio booking and it was extremely comfortable for us four. The amenities were perfect for our family with 2 babies. The staff were helpful and overall we had a fabulous stay. The locale couldn't have been better with it just a stones throw away from south ken tube and in the centre of many indie restaurants, not to mention the musuems and Hyde park!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Lydia L

Reviewed 28 November 2012

Before going to London, my sister and I were looking for a decent place to stay in for a week. When we saw the 130 Queen's Gate on tripadvisor we thought that the pictures are OK, most reviews are good and what made us even more comfortable the fact that members of management actually took time and replied to the bad reviews and apologized!

When we reached there I was shocked because the room was even better than what it looked liked in photos! The place is always clean, with quality furniture, cutlery and kitchen tools.

We were three people in a one-bedroom on the fourth floor which we specifically asked for after reading reviews of how noisy the basement rooms are (yes actually it's a busy street but it didn't bother us once we closed the windows)

Although I read that heater in the bathroom is too hot and you can burn yourself, I did eventually had a small burn on my arm :(

Finally I would say it was a great experience, the staff were always really nice and helpful and I would definitely go back again :)

Room Tip: Book higher rooms for less noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lujein
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here with out 2 year old for 14 days during the Olympics in a 1 bedroom apartment.
I was working at night and would often come home in the early hours of the morning.
The rooms are well constructed so any noise was contained and my family were able to sleep while I wound down in the other room.

Heaps of space, fantastic location, close to the South Kensington Tube, Tesco's & pubs.
Plus free wifi and friendly staff.

The only negs - the bed was a little hard (2 king singles pushed together).
The childs cot that we were charged 15 pounds a day for, was old and not very comfortable. Luckily the lounge in the living room transformed into a bed.
Also the heated towel rack in the bathroom was so hot I burnt my back on it getting out of the shower and I couldn't find an off or temp switch.

All small negatives in an otherwise excellent stay.

130 Queens Gate made a 2 week working trip with my family, just like home.

Room Tip: If you have 1 small child, a 1 bedder is fine as it's quite large and the child can sleep in the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MikeFMelbourne
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This was our first experience with 130 Queen’s Gate Apartments and it was very pleasant. The one bedroom apartment had all of the amenities that one would expect from a luxury apartment. The only reservation I would have is the living room area was somewhat small. The staff is probably the most important asset at 130 Queen’s Gate as from the manager to the porter they couldn’t do enough to ensure we had a wonderful stay

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 334Howard
Reviewed 21 October 2012

The apartment complex is well located between two tube stations and necessary services such as supermarket, money changer, dry cleaner, bank even hairdressers etc. Staff were very helpful; I did not experience poor customer service as described by some earlier reviewers. I have stayed numerous times in London hotels and have usually been disappointed with accommodation irrespective of how much I paid. Admittedly I am excluding the 5 star plus. No pokey rooms, noisy street, shabby décor or poor service at 130 Queensgate . The studio apartment was of generous proportion, with comfortable beds –we had king bed converted into two singles, there was ample sitting space, storage and a small well-appointed kitchen for short stay visit. Our room (710) was at the side of building removed from street noise
Only two criticisms - lack of reading light ( standing lamp) in sitting area – needed to use ceiling lights to read when on sofa which disturbed other person if sleeping . Also difficult to open windows to get in fresh air.

In short if this property fits your budget and you are looking for self-catering accommodation I highly recommend making a booking.

Room Tip: Book room not facing Quennsgate to avoid traffic noise. Apt 710 was on side of buidling -had no vi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank elisabethperth
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This is the second time I stayed here, and on both occasions I haven't been disappointed. The staff are friendly and helpful. The room and the facilities are of excellent standards, and the location is within a very respectful neighborhood. The tube stations of South Kensington and Gloucester Road nearby plus the bus routes makes it easy to move around the city and beyond.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kassim A
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Just got back from our family trip, where we spent 3 weeks at the apartment. It was an over all fantastic experience. The staff were friendly and always eager to help. The apartments are up-to-date with all facilities that one would need. With free Wi-Fi - which was great! The proximity of the apartment was also wonderful. 3 minutes from South Kensington tube station and 5 minutes away from Gloucester tube station. Both areas are infested with museums, cafes, restaurants and several connivence stores, all perfect for the stay. Well done 130 Queen's Gate!!! I will definitely want to go back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family