The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$115
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

US$341
US$304
US$229
US$193
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$215/night.

Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$184
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock(London)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$656
US$503
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsthe south kensington tube stopnational history museumsuperb locationstayed for one nightfull englishvictoria
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Stayed here and wish I had not bothered.

Overpriced rooms are small, basic, old fashioned and in need of modernising. Room was on the 3rd floor, lift not working, surly uncommunicative staff who seemed to only have a basic grasp of English and must have missed the lesson on manners!

After departure I called the hotel back within 10 mins to say I had left my shoes in the room. I had to call back three more times over the next few days to chase this up as nobody called me back. I was eventually told that my shoes could not be found.... No surprise days later! I asked to speak to the manager (Mr Ambrose) to complain, but was told that he would not take my call and will not deal with complaints. The staff would also not tell me who owned the hotel and told me to direct my written complaint to the hotel general address.... I.e. The people you are complaining about are the ones who deal with your complaint!!

Seriously frustrating, definitely one to avoid!!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I stayed here in April when visiting London with friends.. There were 5 in our group, we had boooked one double room and one triple room. The double room was marginally better than the triple room which was frankly awful! It had no windows and the decor was enough to give you nightmares. The rooms looked nothing like the pictures on the website and to make matters worse there is a nightclub directly below the hotel. (The rooms are not soundproofed!) The staff were rude and unhelpful, any request was met with disdain and disinterest.
The only saving grace for this hotel was the location and the breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank srussell82
Reviewed 16 April 2011

There was very loud nightclub music until after 2am and people screaming in the street well after that. >£200 a night for this. It is just atrocious.

The place is getting shabby and needs an overhaul and the false country style is overdone and unappealing. The owners are probably foreign and don't really get good taste.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank MrDribble
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I've been at the Gainsborough for a business trip and I've really enjoyed my stay in this old fashioned but friendly hotel.
The reception staff is very helpful but the rooms are a little small, check on the website the room's dimension if space is a concern for you! The location is fantastic and it's worthy the price it self.
They should revamp the premises as some room looks a bit lumpy and the beds are old fashioned English style-like but not really comfortable.
Overall it's good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank andrejkoimasky
Reviewed 10 March 2011

On arrival we were told that we had been upgraded to a 'Delux' room free of charge. All was fine, although for a South Kensington Hotel I would have expected a bit more from a 'Delux Room', until we got back in the evening and tried to sleep. Be aware that there is a night club next door and the music kept us awake until 3am. When we complained in the morning we were told that they didn't usually put people in that room on a weekend. We had stayed on a Thursday night!!! We were offered no apology or compensation. The room was 111 so if you book in and are allocated this room I would enquire about the noise.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple