US$253
US$209
US$342
US$291
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$235
US$229
US$203
US$181
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

US$367
US$176
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$122
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock(London)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$640
US$483
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsthe south kensington tube stopnational history museumsuperb locationstayed for one nightfull englishvictoria
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Staying at Gainsborough Hotel

I stayed at the Gainsborough Hotel for almost a week, and frankly- it was the worst hotel I've ever visited.
First of all- the phone was broken in my room, and it couldn’t be fixed. They did offer to transfer me to another room - but just the day after.
The second room I was transferred to was even worst- It was so tiny that you had to move thinks in order to pass from the bad to the toilet, and it had no closet so I had to put my stuff on the desk, the bathroom was broken and the air-condition didn't work. Asking for another transfer was too much- and I was offered to pay more and upgrade my reservation in order to get another room.
And it wasn't the end- the service was horrible, there was a false fire alarm that was on for more than 5 min in the middle of the night, both rooms were very noisy, and more and more..
As a physician I travel a lot, and I've never been to such a worst hotel.
I really think it deserved less than 2 stars , so that other guests wouldn't be misleaded like I was
Dr S. F

Room Tip: don't come to this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank shira293984
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Stayed here and wish I had not bothered.

Overpriced rooms are small, basic, old fashioned and in need of modernising. Room was on the 3rd floor, lift not working, surly uncommunicative staff who seemed to only have a basic grasp of English and must have missed the lesson on manners!

After departure I called the hotel back within 10 mins to say I had left my shoes in the room. I had to call back three more times over the next few days to chase this up as nobody called me back. I was eventually told that my shoes could not be found.... No surprise days later! I asked to speak to the manager (Mr Ambrose) to complain, but was told that he would not take my call and will not deal with complaints. The staff would also not tell me who owned the hotel and told me to direct my written complaint to the hotel general address.... I.e. The people you are complaining about are the ones who deal with your complaint!!

Seriously frustrating, definitely one to avoid!!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I stayed here in April when visiting London with friends.. There were 5 in our group, we had boooked one double room and one triple room. The double room was marginally better than the triple room which was frankly awful! It had no windows and the decor was enough to give you nightmares. The rooms looked nothing like the pictures on the website and to make matters worse there is a nightclub directly below the hotel. (The rooms are not soundproofed!) The staff were rude and unhelpful, any request was met with disdain and disinterest.
The only saving grace for this hotel was the location and the breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank srussell82
Reviewed 16 April 2011

There was very loud nightclub music until after 2am and people screaming in the street well after that. >£200 a night for this. It is just atrocious.

The place is getting shabby and needs an overhaul and the false country style is overdone and unappealing. The owners are probably foreign and don't really get good taste.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank MrDribble
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I've been at the Gainsborough for a business trip and I've really enjoyed my stay in this old fashioned but friendly hotel.
The reception staff is very helpful but the rooms are a little small, check on the website the room's dimension if space is a concern for you! The location is fantastic and it's worthy the price it self.
They should revamp the premises as some room looks a bit lumpy and the beds are old fashioned English style-like but not really comfortable.
Overall it's good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business