“Interesting stay”

Best Western Burns Hotel Kensington
Ranked #550 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights while i was in london last week. rooms relatively very very small, with squeaking floor, i always afraid to walk to much in my room if just incase i disturb the guest who might stay on the 1st floor. Location wise - good however will definitely try to stay in another hotel, which may provide better value for money.

My room was inclusive of english breakfast, the buffet was relatively very limited in selections and always having the same items every day, so quite challenging for those that stay for more then 1 day. One particular breakfast lady with the name of "M" ( she is quite senior comparing to the other lovely staffs) in particular was very very rude and seems doesn't like to work as a team, she was arguing in front of us with her colleques who tried to serve us with a tea, what a good day to start.

Being a good traveller in many years, i never seen any of this in my previous years of traveling. May be the management of this hotel should do something with her, as the other staffs in the breakfast - in particular the man who stand by as a greeter was so helpful.

Besides of that the day curtain in my room was so dirty - you can see from the color of the curtain. and this curtain was torn - a big torn and never been changed until i checked out. one of the night curtain hook was loose from it rail and same story this never been fixed from the day i entered the room on arrival until the departure date.

Internet was terrible as practically we cant use any of this service, may be this is the reasons they called it free.

Save deposit box is available in the room and of course it is chargeable 2 pound per day, i don't mind to pay but i guess this is quite rare these days to have chargeable save deposit box in the industry.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Indra B
There are newer reviews for Best Western Burns Hotel Kensington

Reviewed 4 November 2011

I stayed there last week for a business trip, the hotel need a serious refurbishment. The room was very small and old. There is no fridge in the room and the staffs are not helpful, they don't know the street parking regulations and they suggested to park the car at HolidayInn, Ibis, or Crown Hotel parking areas which are not very close the hotel.
It is possible to find a better hotel for the same price at Paddington which is more close to the city center and to the attractions.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2011

A lovely friendly hotel all the staff were ready to help at anytime good breakfast

Room Tip: floor 4 very good a bit of road noise but your in London
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank herdy94
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Great location within 5 minutes walk to Earl's Court Tube station, so a direct link by tube to Heathrow Airport. As for most of London this hotel is overpriced for the accommodation provided. Rooms vary from very very small to medium size. Sleep quality is 1/10 as there is little or no sound proofing. However, it is located on a relatively quite street. Some good local restaurants and pubs.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank FailteEire
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Negatives
• When I called to confirm I had requested a free upgrade but was told it wasn’t possible till I got there. I did inform them that I would be an early check in. When I arrived, I was told that I could get an upgrade but it would take another hour to 2 hours. Not what I wanted to hear after a 10 hour flight. They did have space to keep my luggage while I went out and stretched my legs. The room was ready in an hour and a half.
• keep in mind that Local calls are charged too
• No pen in the room, just a blunt pencil
• Connection in the kettle was loose. I had to stand and hold the chord in.

• I had requested a wakeup call on all 3 days but didn’t get one on day 2 and almost missed my tour.
• Window doesn't open fully in room 401.
• I got a fan when i requested one, however it made so much noise that i didnt end up using it
• No bell boy. I had to lug 2 large suitcases and a handcarry to the 4th floor by myself. The staff didn’t even offer to help. To top it off the elevators are tiny so had to make 3 trips. It was not pleasant.
• There was Mould on the tub. Along the edges near the wall. The shower faucet was also finicky.
• Wifi was horrible. It kept disconnecting every 5 minutes and there were no bars for the signal in my room.
• Room was too small. Ive been told since that the rooms are generally smaller but there was barely enuff space for my luggage.
• My room was facing the main street and I barely slept the first night (Friday night) beaucse of the noise from the street below.

positives
• Checkout service was smooth and correct. But I still got no help with my luggage.
• They have Great shampoo.
• Bed was comfortable n pillows were great.
• The Laundry service was great. I gave my clothes in the morning and they were available by 7pm.
• 3 min walk to the train station so very convenient that way.

Room Tip: i was in room 401, and the internet service was horrible. also beacuse it's facing the street th...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We spent 3 nights here in June. We travelled by underground from Heathrow and didn't have to change trains. The hotel is very close to the tube station, which is convenient. The area feels safe at night. There are a few cafes and restaurants in the immediate area and it is easy to get the tube into the more 'fun' areas of London. We managed to carry our heavy suitcases there quite easily. The hotel is old and a little tired but clean and quite comfortable. Also quiet at night, considering it's London. The staff were polite and helpful, if a little aloof. The breakfast was quite acceptable and decent value, although there was a young, blonde East European waitress, (not the manageress, who was also young, blonde and East European), who was always surly and could do with some customer service training! Overall we had a pleasant stay and would use this hotel again. Certainly better than the Best Western Mostyn, which we stayed in last year.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank runningm0m
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed there two days. We got a room in the basement, which was not so pleasant. The room seemed very old. We also had two separate beds, which we do not beviel.De staff was all right and were friendly. The breakfast was simple but good. All in all we enjoyed England!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple