“Good value in London”

Ranked #530 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Bristol, England
“Good value in London”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

I've stayed a few times at this Best Western hotel, with deals via DHR of £70-£80 per night B&B which is excellent value in London, The hotel is clean, room comfortable enough and the location near Earls Court station is very good.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Do not get a room at the front. Very noisy. A youth hostel opposite had people out on the street all night who were very noisy.

Convenient for Earls Court Tube station.

Lone female colleague allocated a ground floor room right on the road at the front!

Breakfast hidden away in the back and very average.

Would not stay here again. Have stayed in the middle of the West End for less and had much better.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank lymbo32

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Rotherham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Travelling with work this hotel was chosen as it offered WiFi, advertised secure offsite parking @ £28 per night (advertised on website ) and had the Best Western brand.
When I booked on line I expected an option to come up for the parking, but as it did not I phoned the hotel for assistance. The lady I spoke to did not know anything about the parking, nor did her colleagues, so I sought alternative parking options.
When we arrived at the hotel, the reception is very nice, but the staff were a little unhelpful (but not rude).
I checked into the room which was very small, although this is not a problem for me but may be for some. It was quite worn and in need of a refurb.
I tried to use the WiFi but this did not work, and when I asked at reception was told there was nothing that could be done
The major problem with this hotel was that it was impossible to sleep in the room I had.
The room is next to the lift, which is very old and very loud. This creaked and clunked every time it was used.
There is a youth hostel a couple of building down, which had revellers outside and in the park opposite all night. I have no problem with people enjoying themselves, however the single glazed window did nothing to prevent the noise.
The bed was like sleeping on a sack of potatoes. It was worn, uneven and lumpy.
I did ask at reception if there was another room available but unfortunately the hotel was apparently full. I did not get one minutes sleep.
There are some plusses to the hotel. The rate was excellent @ £69 per night, and it is perfectly situated for the tube.
However I feel the negatives outweigh the positives and it is not a hotel I will be using again, and I do not feel it is worthy of the Best Western Brand.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank p47r1ck
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed at the Burns last weekend with three friends and all of us agree that it is a clean, cosy hotel. The single rooms are small but warm and cleaned to a high standard. The bathroom is small, functional and very clean.

Our rooms overlooked the park at the front of the hotel and the birdsong in the (early) morning was a nice sound.

A big fresh flower arrangement adorned the entrance hall, which adds a certain ambiance. The staff were helpful and we were able to store our luggage on our departure day.

A nightcap can be enjoyed in the little quiet bar.

So, a pleasant experience in a most convenient location. We all agreed we would stay again and the bonus was the very reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Front of hotel rooms face a nice little park.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank 186605Beachbum
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

The hotel is well located in a quiet street just off Earls Court Road which has lots of good bars and restaurants.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and I did not experience any bad service like previous reviews.
The room (62) was a standard double, not big, but fine for a night or two. Bathroom was ok too. Room was clean and quiet.
Didn't use the restaurant, but did use the bar, which only sells bottled beer and was very quiet. Went out to locally pubs which were busy and fun.
Booked the room about a month in advance and paid £60 room only from Otels.com (via their Facebook page which gives an extra 10% discount). For this price I can't fault it for a Central London hotel. I would use it again.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Abbey2010
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Myself and my colleagues were working at Earls court for 3 days so needed a convenient place to stay. We chose this hotel based on it's location, the only good thing about our booking. Everything else however was a disaster.

1. All three of us stayed in separate rooms and all had the exact same problem of "over used" uncomfortable and crunchy beds.

2. The rooms were very small. The bathrooms smelt damp and one of them only had a shower cubicle.

3. One of us had to stay in a basement room which smelt of smoke every time people had a cigarette by the hotel front doors.

4. The wi-fi is exceptionally weak proving very difficult to do any work in the evenings.

5. The hotel staff came across rude, un-interested in the customer or their own job satisfaction for that matter.

6. The breakfast was poor quality and very expensive, we ended up eating breakfast at a Gregg's cafe up the road.

7. All three of us had to have cold showers, even at 7am there seemed to be no hot water.

8. The lift was smaller than a phone box and we had to go to our rooms one at a time.

9. The door key cards kept loosing their data.

10. After seating for breakfast on the first morning we were then told to go and pay for our breakfast at the reception rather than adding it to our room. There were no signs saying this was the process before we checked in.

11. Very squeaky floorboards in ALL THREE rooms and what sounded like every other room.

12. The cold water is not even cold. I had to use bottled water to brush my teeth with.

13. Finally the basement room had bars on the windows, it was like a prison cell.

This review is not exaggerated and I fail to see how there are 5 star ratings for this hotel. It certainly was not the same place that we stayed.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank A K
Oro Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Most rooms in London are small compared to the US so we expected it,the reason why we booked it was for the location.Down the street from the Earl's Court Station and many eateries on Earl's Court Road and Cromwell Rd.WiFi was good enough for using Skype and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family