“Good budget hotel”

Best Western Burns Hotel Kensington
Ranked #542 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I started off my two week European trip in London staying here at best western burns. The rooms are very small - this has to be noted. For me it wasn't bad bcs I was traveling alone. First room I got had bad wifi so they changed my room with no problem, and I got a better bathroom with tub! :)
The hotel is located near earls court and very close to the underground subway. The staff at the hotel were very nice. I would recommend this hotel for single travelers not so much for families.
Breakfast was ok, could use some improvement but coffee great!
The staff are nice - in general I think people in London are very nice compared to other places in euroupe!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Terra M

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel in June this year whilst travelling on my own. After a 30 hour flight from Australia, I arrived at the hotel to find out that my travel agent had not paid for my room. I was very upset about this but the hotel staff were so understanding and got me straight into a room even though it was 9am!

Altogether, I spent 6 nights here and found all of the staff to be super nice and helpful! The area the hotel in is really safe which was a massive plus for me being a young female solo traveller. The breakfast was good as well although I would probably just have the continental breakfast rather than pay for the full english breakfast again.

The staff were always willing to help out with things to do and had a million suggestions to see and knew the public transport routes really well! The room was always immaculately clean and surprisingly spacious.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, particularly to other young female solo travellers and I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms by the elevator can get a bit noisy at night time but having the window allowed for lots of fr...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Lily B
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I travel through London frequently and I often stay at this hotel for the overnight layover when I don't enough points on my Hilton Hhonors account to book one of the nearby Hilton hotels.

For me, it's nice when most of the desk staff knows your name when coming through door to check in. For a single traveler, the basic single bed/room and bath is a tad small compared to U.S. hotels, but this 3* hotel is around the corner from the Earls Court tube station (Piccadilly line to/from Heathrow) and is very convenient to get to Heathrow or into center of London.

Despite the single room being a bit small for a single traveler, it is nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable for a one-night stay. I frequently snag an advance purchase single rate of around $100-110/night w/o breakfast on 3rd party sites (DHR, booking.com, etc) depending on the GBP-USD exchange rates. The hotel's BW site frequently has the rate of around GBP 73 for the same booking type. One great feature is the WiFi internet is FREE!

I don't often get breakfast at the hotel as I leave for Heathrow to catch the 5:58am Underground train to Heathrow and the hotel's dining room is not open yet and I usually eat the British Air's T5 lounge upon arrival and check in.

The hotel has a small lounge area with bar and pub grub is available. There are several restaurants around the corner on Earls Court Rd - traditional pub, Chinese, Japanese, and the usual fast food stops (M&S, McD, Burger King). Also around the corner is a pharmacy (Boots) and several banks (Barclay's, NatWest).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DrHumbug
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Burns is located 200m from underground station Earls court wich is a hugh benefit coming by sub from Heathrow and dragging bags and connected with three major lines
descent English or continental breakfast to choose from, rooms are average although I prefer room 66 since i have stayed here quite some times also a great plus with good free WiFi

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank waytogo01
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed at the Best Western Burns Earls Court during a short business trip to London in September.

The hotel is situated in a quiet side street just a couple of minutes' walk from Earl's Court underground station. Although situated in a busy part of London, the quiet street and back of hotel facing room, afforded me a restful stay.

Staff on the main reception were very welcoming and efficient. Don't forget to ask for your free wifi codes!

The hotel is in a fairly old building and as such the room are fairly small, but nevertheless still spacious enough. The room was well appointed, clean and tidy. The bed was clean and the duvet, mattress and pillows afforded me a good night's sleep.

My bathroom had an over bath shower, which was a tad tired, but still clean and functional. Complimentary toiletries were available, if needed.

My deal came with a free breakfast. The breakfast room staff were friendly and efficient. Choice of a full English breakfast or a wide range of continental breakfast options.

Would I recommend this hotel to family naff friends? Yes, highly likely.

Room Tip: Looking for a quiet room? Ask for a room towards the rear of the hotel ( over looks a courtyard).
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TimC108
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The best things are as follows. Location and more location. U are just two mins away from the tube station serviced by the district and Piccadilly line. Good eating areas round the corner. The hotel is clean comfortable with all the amenities. I wouldn't ask for more. Serves when u are in London for business as well as leisure.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank nyashpal
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I just came back from four nights at Best Western Burns and I'm happy about staying there. Location is great, just 2 mins walk from Earl's Court tube, and everything you need is close by - shops, cafés, restaurants and pubs. Also, this is a very safe area and good for families.

We had a twin room on second floor, facing the garden, and although Earl's Court Road is just 100 metres away there is very little noise. You can surely hear cars passing by beneath, but nothing disturbing. The room was clean and warm, the bathroom newly renovated and still smelling of paint. Beds were comfy enough but could use a softer mattress as some springs tended to be a bit hard. Breakfast was excellent and for once worth the money, served in a very nice breakfast room without any queues. Service was nice and efficient, and I want to give extra credit to the staff for informing all their guests about planned travel disruptions due to the storm that drew in over England while we were there.

In all a nice and clean hotel, a bit worn at places but nothing to really complain about. I would gladly return and recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden have a nice view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple