Best Western Burns Hotel Kensington
US$287
US$233
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$163
US$388
US$224
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
Days Hotel London- Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$94
1,398 results
All reviewsearls courtbarkston gardensblackbird pubtube stationfull english breakfastpiccadilly linequiet side streetpubs and restaurantsheathrow airportminute walkrooms are smallplenty of hot waterhotel is situatedyogurtconvenient locationlocation is excellentshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel and it had everything I needed and I will definitely go back if I can get similar room rates.
The hotel is located in a very beautil street facing a large park and line of Victoria style gorgeous houses..very English, adorable. I felt like I was living there, it's near the Earl's Court tube station (3 min. walk), and supermakets, drugstores, massages salons, hairdressers, convenient stores and etc..etc..etc..
I felt very safe all the time.
The staff are very friendly and the hotel has free wifi also in the rooms.
The only problem is that the floors crack as you walk and the sound isolation from one room to another is not strong. So as you walk, it sounds like you are walking on walnuts....But, it's so unusual that it brings a charm and it seems like everybody is aware of this and everybody try to make as less sound as possible what makes a kind of comunity. I'm a very sensitive sleeper and I slept without any problem.

Plus:
-Location
-Staff
-Cleanliness

Mins:
-sound isolation on floors and walls but, it didn't bother me at all but it is just to be aware before you book as the staff cannot do much about it.

Room Tip: I got a room in the highest floor facing the park and I really enjoyed it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank FrankdeVries
Reviewed 29 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Good location for Earls Court area and we walked to the Royal Albert Hall as weather was good and only took about 40 mins. Also walked to Kensington High St - 25mins. On checking into hotel the receptionist was a little frosty, in fact unwelcoming. No smile, more grimace. No interaction in light conversation whilst we completed paperwork. Room was ready earlier than expected, on a Saturday as well, which was a bonus. Then the downfall... Room 62, a mere 3 x 4 metres at a push, a small double room. This small room should be used as a store area. Our friends had made the booking for us hence our hesitation to complain so we put up with it. My warning to you is please avoid room 62. On a positive note the Continental breakfast was adequate and the dining room staff all very pleasant. During breakfast we had decided to ask when checking out the reason why our room was the same price as the other two larger rooms our friends were occupying. Sadly when this time came the ignorance by the reception staff made us change our minds and just get out of there. Never to return. Yes we all like to book the best room we can at the best price possible but staff atttitude does make a difference.

Room Tip: Rooms at front overlook a "Square" which is laid as garden.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pamelala6
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The room was typical for London, size-wise, so at was expected. However, when you get a hotel room, you kinda expect a few things, like the door key actually opening your room. In three days, I had seven keys, only one that worked, and that one only worked once. If I came back to the room by myself, I either had to borrow my wife's key or get the front desk staff to open the room. Every time I tried to get a new key, I had to go through the entire mess of getting a new key and showing them it didn't work, as the front desk staff was different every time I went there.

In addition, the in-room safe didn't work, and they wouldn't attempt to fix it, as it was still "under warranty". They wouldn't let us store anything in their office for safekeeping, and their only alternative was a locker bank that was not secure, which was evident by the two doors that were already jimmied. We ended up having to take everything with us every time we left.

Finally, the bed was small, hard, and very uncomfortable, and the shelves right next to either side of the bed had sharp corners right at head level. The pillows were very thin and lumpy. The heat was by radiators, and it was either too hot or too cold. The radiator in the bathroom was a series of chrome pipes, exposed to the user, and we got burned several times just opening or closing the bathroom door after a shower.

DO NOT STAY HERE!! There are better hotels that are nearby for the same price range, even in the same block.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere!!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BPM77
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I started off my two week European trip in London staying here at best western burns. The rooms are very small - this has to be noted. For me it wasn't bad bcs I was traveling alone. First room I got had bad wifi so they changed my room with no problem, and I got a better bathroom with tub! :)
The hotel is located near earls court and very close to the underground subway. The staff at the hotel were very nice. I would recommend this hotel for single travelers not so much for families.
Breakfast was ok, could use some improvement but coffee great!
The staff are nice - in general I think people in London are very nice compared to other places in euroupe!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo