“Excellent hotel & great service.”

Best Western Burns Hotel Kensington
Ranked #545 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My friend and I stayed here in July 2011. Lovely hotel and staff were great. The room was small (we booked a twin) and not what we were used to (traveled from Canada.) I've come to accept that hotels in London will be small unless you're paying a huge amount. Excellent location with Pascuci's around the corner, and the Earl's Court underground station also around the corner. Quiet hotel and a great sleep.
I will be back again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jaelei17

Reviewed 6 December 2013

the room we were allocated was a good size but the bathroom was a bit smelly, which didn't go away until the next morning. When i put on the radiator as the room was a bit cold it did not work so i had to leave the bathroom door open as the heater in there was alright which also let out the bathroom smell.We had a continental breakfast which was of good quality but noticed that many in the room were eating a full English, unfortunately this was never offered to us even if we had to pay more.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

If your looking for somewhere clean and tidy, with great staff, you can't go wrong with this hotel. Within 5 minutes walking distance from Earls Court tube station, its an ideal base to move around London.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel and it had everything I needed and I will definitely go back if I can get similar room rates.
The hotel is located in a very beautil street facing a large park and line of Victoria style gorgeous houses..very English, adorable. I felt like I was living there, it's near the Earl's Court tube station (3 min. walk), and supermakets, drugstores, massages salons, hairdressers, convenient stores and etc..etc..etc..
I felt very safe all the time.
The staff are very friendly and the hotel has free wifi also in the rooms.
The only problem is that the floors crack as you walk and the sound isolation from one room to another is not strong. So as you walk, it sounds like you are walking on walnuts....But, it's so unusual that it brings a charm and it seems like everybody is aware of this and everybody try to make as less sound as possible what makes a kind of comunity. I'm a very sensitive sleeper and I slept without any problem.

Plus:
-Location
-Staff
-Cleanliness

Mins:
-sound isolation on floors and walls but, it didn't bother me at all but it is just to be aware before you book as the staff cannot do much about it.

Room Tip: I got a room in the highest floor facing the park and I really enjoyed it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank FrankdeVries
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Good location for Earls Court area and we walked to the Royal Albert Hall as weather was good and only took about 40 mins. Also walked to Kensington High St - 25mins. On checking into hotel the receptionist was a little frosty, in fact unwelcoming. No smile, more grimace. No interaction in light conversation whilst we completed paperwork. Room was ready earlier than expected, on a Saturday as well, which was a bonus. Then the downfall... Room 62, a mere 3 x 4 metres at a push, a small double room. This small room should be used as a store area. Our friends had made the booking for us hence our hesitation to complain so we put up with it. My warning to you is please avoid room 62. On a positive note the Continental breakfast was adequate and the dining room staff all very pleasant. During breakfast we had decided to ask when checking out the reason why our room was the same price as the other two larger rooms our friends were occupying. Sadly when this time came the ignorance by the reception staff made us change our minds and just get out of there. Never to return. Yes we all like to book the best room we can at the best price possible but staff atttitude does make a difference.

Room Tip: Rooms at front overlook a "Square" which is laid as garden.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pamelala6
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The room was typical for London, size-wise, so at was expected. However, when you get a hotel room, you kinda expect a few things, like the door key actually opening your room. In three days, I had seven keys, only one that worked, and that one only worked once. If I came back to the room by myself, I either had to borrow my wife's key or get the front desk staff to open the room. Every time I tried to get a new key, I had to go through the entire mess of getting a new key and showing them it didn't work, as the front desk staff was different every time I went there.

In addition, the in-room safe didn't work, and they wouldn't attempt to fix it, as it was still "under warranty". They wouldn't let us store anything in their office for safekeeping, and their only alternative was a locker bank that was not secure, which was evident by the two doors that were already jimmied. We ended up having to take everything with us every time we left.

Finally, the bed was small, hard, and very uncomfortable, and the shelves right next to either side of the bed had sharp corners right at head level. The pillows were very thin and lumpy. The heat was by radiators, and it was either too hot or too cold. The radiator in the bathroom was a series of chrome pipes, exposed to the user, and we got burned several times just opening or closing the bathroom door after a shower.

DO NOT STAY HERE!! There are better hotels that are nearby for the same price range, even in the same block.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere!!!!!
2  Thank BPM77