“nice busy hotel”

Ibis London Earls Court
Ranked #461 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 July 2014

the bed was comfortable and the room was quite spacious. the breakfast served in the pub was nice with lots of choice. there were croissants and pain au chocolats and small blueberry and chocolate muffins which was a nice surprise. overall, a pleasant stay with nice views. having never been to London before, this hotel enabled me to have a nice experience here!!

Room Tip: whichever room you get would be great I think
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sophie K
Write a ReviewReviews (4,582)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Female Reception was so unfriendly, even my 12 year old son commented on how rude she was. BASIC room, with No personal touches. Thank goodness I still had a supply of personal items as this was our last night in England. Thank goodness we only booked for one night. Cleaning staff kept on knocking on our door in the morning, kept on telling them we were not ready to vacate! Only good part was the food, although when we went down early, as we had an early flight, they had run out of some of the breakfast that they said was available.WON'T recommend this to anyone who is staying in London.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Joanne1966
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

If your looking for a good night sleep this is not the hotel for you. The walls are paper thin that you can hear all the rooms around you. The doors are constantly slamming, people coming and going, house keeping cleaning rooms around you, people singing in the shower, yep you hear it all! Rooms are full of bulky furniture that you have no room to place your suitcases. Only a double bed for my husband and I so it wasn't very comfy.
On a positive note the staff were friendly and more than accommodating helping with directions etc. buffet breakfast was quite generous for an ibis. However for me a good nights rest is more important and this ibis didn't deliver and I have been traveling for three weeks now, staying only within the accor group hotels so I know what quality to expect. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Alisha C
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Room Tip: Before booking check the refurbishments have been carried out.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Nice hotel, and the breakfast buffet is varied and fulfilling. Would have like a bar fridge in the room to keep the drinks cool. They offer a free security box for your important papers and the concierge can arrange tickets to events and attractions. Will be back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Harry G
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed with my partner for a conference on site. Requested a double bed in our room but when we went upstairs realised we had been given 2 single beds. We asked to change but were informed we couldn't change rooms, needed to speak to the manager to finally have our room swapped. Be aware that there are no toiletries supplied in the bathroom at all - only a liquid soap dispenser on the wall. Quite noisy rooms with traffic through the night as well as noise from guests in adjacent rooms (able to hear muffled talking, through the walls). All room doors slam closed with the closing mechanisms quite tight, this makes for a lot of disruption with guests coming and going late at night and early in the morning. Elevators are being replaced, unfortunately only 2 of the 4 lifts had the button for the 5th floor working so we often needed to wait quite some time to get the elevator. Unable to use the stairs as they are for use as a fire exit only. Buffet was disappointing and quite expensive for the range and quality of what was available. Restaurant and George and the Dragon Pub (within hotel) staff were rude and dismissive. We visited at a very busy time for the hotel with the conference we attended downstairs. The staff did not cope well with the number of people that were there. I will not stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Claire S
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was there for a seminar that finished after midnight, so when the metro is not working.
I asked the concierge to call a taxi for me but he said that it could have taken a long time so it was better to look for a cab passing by on the street.
Then I asked the manager on duty if there was any number I could call to call a taxi and he said: No, the only thing you can do is to go out and look for it.
They've been so kind....

From now on I will avoid Ibis hotels!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business