“Great hotel, location and staff!”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #88 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Great hotel, location and staff!”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo for one night whilst in London with a friend. The room was very spacious and the décor was very modern and unique. The food was very high quality and the cocktails were excellent. The level of customer service was fantastic, especially the bar staff – they really went above and beyond to make our stay special.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I wish I have a longer stay at hotel Indigo. We booked Gloucester hotel for next few nights after Hotel Indigo, I can clearly feel the difference , Gloucester hotel is no where compared to hotel Indigo.

Pro:
1. Free wifi, mini bar ( this is a first for me! Well done!)
2. Super comfortable bed
3. Aveda toiletries and branded fittings (Grohe rain shower, Laufen) for toilets.
4. Around the corner from the tube station.

Cons:
1. My room was next to the stairs, it can get quite noisy as I could hear the doors closing and
people going up and down the stairs.
2. Only 1 receptionist on duty, so she was busy handling everyone's request at the same time, so the wait was quite long for check in.
3. Beds were of Queen size and its quite high, so if you have children, this place is not recommended.

Hope it helps.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stairs.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cara P
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Cara P

So pleased to hear such great comments about your recent stay with us. I am really happy that you enjoyed the complimentary mini-bar and internet and that this added to your memorable stay. The bed is very comfortable, they are all UK King Size beds with plush bedding and luxurious mattress toppers. The location is great too being so close to Earl’s Court tube station but just off the road so enjoying the lovely views of Barkston Gardens.

If you have any preference on your bedroom i.e. quiet, overlooking the gardens, close to lift etc then please do email me prior to your arrival fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk or call the hotel directly 0207 373 7851.

We hope to welcome you in the future,

Kind Regards,

Brooke
Reading, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed here for one night for a trip to the west end. Great location for central London. Room was very comfortable and spacious. The bed couldnt' have been more confortable with the softest cotton sheets I've every come across. Decor is modern, bold colour choices that make it unique and different. Couldn't fault the breakfast - everything and anything you could wish for with the highlight being the delicious eggs benedict. We would definately go back there again ... and again ...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Make no mistake this is a good hotel. But it doesn't quite live up to the billing that some of the TA reviews would imply.

Good:

Really friendly staff

Modern and spotlessly clean room

Two minutes walk to Earl's Court tube station.

Recognised my Platinum membership status with an upgrade.

Indigo brand is not your ordinary hotel - as close to a boutique hotel from a major chain as you will get.

Not so good:

The internet signal is strong, but the download speed is very poor - I certainly struggled with larger pdf type files, let alone any video, at gone midnight.

The desk did not have a spare plug for the laptop - in addition to the clock, the lamp and the phone. I had to connect by trailing the wire initially 5 foot across the wardrobe. Why no spare plug for a laptop?

The heating/air conditioning controls are tucked away in a dark corner and can only be read if you have the room door open.

Surprisingly no notepad for notes etc. jotting down.

The telephone handset battery was flat as it had not been put back in the cradle correctly - surely a standard housekeeping check?

Overall though I would stay at the hotel again, but if you need good access to the internet you might want to consider alternatives.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel (i.e. not facing onto Barkston Gardens) will be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Dear Parseltongue

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay, your feedback is invaluable to ensuring that we are achieving the levels of guest satisfaction that we are aiming for.

I am really pleased that you found the staff friendly and the room spotlessly clean. Your loyalty as a platinum member is very much recognised and appreciated and we hand pick your room prior to your arrival.

The complimentary wifi signal that we offer is very good for emails and basic internet searches however for streaming or downloading videos we have noticed it being slow. Therefore we are looking into providing different options for our guests dependent on their needs.

The plug sockets at the desk was also noticed as a design fault after the hotel had been refurbished and there is already a contract in place for extra sockets to be added.

I will pass on the comments about the telephone to the housekeeping manager so that we can ensure the phones are replaced back to the handset, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I am glad that you will stay with us again and after we have rectified all of your comments I hope that you too will find us excellent!

Kind Regards,

Brooke
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed with my daughter in the Indigo Earls Court for 2 nights. We had an executive room and I had been worried about having to share a bed as some other reviewers mentioned the beds were small...I did not need to be concerned as they were comfortable and spacious.
I had arrived first as my daughter was joining me later and was able to check in a bit early which was great. I had requested a room with garden view and was a bit disappointed with the room allocated but when I spoke to front desk this was rectified with no hassle at all.
The room was spotless and as others had mentioned the minibar and treats in the room were a special touch. Plenty of power points, lovely comfortable chair and footstool and huge television.
The reception staff were super friendly..?Mischa and a special mention to Carly who is wonderful at her job!
The couple of niggles were that the room was far too hot even when the air con was on at its lowest setting of 18 degrees and the fan full on. I don't think I have every stayed in a room which was so warm...even in a Paris hotel when the temperatures hit 40 degrees outside one summer the air conditioning worked. Think this is something the hotel needs to sort out if London temperatures are going to stay high during the summer. We asked for a bucket of ice both nights which was delivered very promptly and did help.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and I always stay in this part of London when I visit and it feels very safe and has such good links to airports/tubes...probably see you again in September:)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I am just back from a stay here this past weekend (May/June 2013). This hotel is a stones throw (literally) away from Earls Court tube station. The hotel is immaculate. The staff are helpful and efficient. The rooms are brilliantly sized for London and the bathroom is luxurious. I would classify myself as a very critical person, however this hotel can not be faulted.

As usual, Hotel Indigo has surpassed my already high expectations.

Its a home away from home.

Room Tip: Pick anywhere and you will be happy.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in April 2013.

I have to say everything about this hotel was fantastic.
The rooms were clean, very nicely decorated and the complimentary wine in the room was a very nice touch.

The bed was super comfy and I loved the shower, could've stood in it for hours!

The location is great too, a tube station within a couple of minutes walking distance.
The staff were all very helpful and polite.

We ate in the restaurant on the Saturday night and although it was very quiet, the food was very good.
The general atmosphere of the hotel is great, just a very nice place to be.
I really enjoyed my stay here and wouldn't think twice about staying again.

• Stayed April 2013