“Great Location right at Earl's Court Tube! Cool Property!”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #84 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Atlanta, GA
“Great Location right at Earl's Court Tube! Cool Property!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is really a beautiful, new and hip hotel in an excellent location right at the Earl's Court tube station! The front office staff was outstanding and very responsive to our needs. The rooms are very unique with modern decor and the best part is the items in the mini-bar are free! How ingenious! The only disappointment was that we had a reservation for a room with a King bed and were first given a room with a queen bed. The A/C was broken in that room so we had to be moved and ended up with a room with a double bed. It was a busy week and so we know that they probably didn't have many other options and gave us wine to make up for the re-packing. The location is outstanding, just across from the Marks and Spencer market and Earl's Court tube station. A good choice!

Room Tip: Make note of your way to the room as we did find the path to and from the front desk a little challe...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear CapitolMan

Thank you so much for leaving a review, we are so glad you liked the hotel and the location being so close to the tube. The complimentary mini-bars are really popular with our guests so I am pleased that you enjoyed this perk too.

All the beds in the hotel are a UK King size measuring 1.5m x 2m. We do not have queens or doubles. I am sorry that this was not explained to you and will revisit this with the reception team. We are currently undergoing a complete service of all the AC units to ensure that they are working efficiently in the room so I am so sorry that it was broken in the first room but really pleased that we offered you the wine for the trouble of moving rooms.

We hope you come back and stay with us soon.

Brooke

fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Belfast
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Found this in a thunderstorm and what a great find. Lovely hotel very pleasant staff and great funky little bar with a great Aussie barman. Hotel room was a bit small but couldn't believe how many amenities they had in it. All that one would need. Lovely bathroom and very comfortable bed. Our room overlooked a small garden which was really nice although I don't think all rooms would have that view regardless of this it is a smashing hotel and the staff couldn't do enough to help. Very near the underground, shops and restaurants very lucky to have found it will definately be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear AgsThomas

I am so happy that you found us and you had a great stay. The Aussie barman is called Mica so I will pass your comments onto to him; I am so pleased that you enjoyed our bar!

We have put a lot of thought into what amenities should go into the rooms so I am really happy that it made a difference to your stay. The complimentary minibar, teapigs tea, crisps and chocolate are snacks for you to enjoy and the bathroom amenities such as the Aveda products, vanity kit and shower cap are just in case you have left anything behind. In our Junior Suites you will also receive a sewing kit, nail kit, lips balsam and face spray! Many of our rooms face onto Barkston Gardens and because we are situated on a quiet residential street they aren’t noisy either. If however you prefer your room to be away from any roads then the rooms at the back are ideal and very peaceful. If you would like to request a room with a view of the gardens, a quiet room or any other preference that will make your stay great just email me on the below address.

So glad that you will be back!

Kind Regards,

Brooke
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I tried this hotel completely by chance and, for once, "landed on my feet" it is an excellent, well priced boutique hotel.

The reception staff were brilliant - they are friendly and courteous and manage to treat you as though you are a long lost friend. they cannot do enough for you - advising you of where to go, how best to get there etc.

My room was a great, quirky room offering me plenty of space to spread out in. It was comfortabspotlessly clean and tidy with a handy little bar containing soe free cold drinks.

The main bar was very comfortable and the service excellent.

i am looking forward to going back

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank happygoluckyUk
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so glad that you tried this hotel completely by chance and sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you back many more times!

I am especially pleased that the service stood out for you, from the reception welcome, to the spotlessly clean rooms.

The rooms really are great and our guests definitely enjoy the free wireless internet and mini bar items.

Please let us know when you are returning.

Kind Regards

Brooke Hutchinson

Blumenau, SC
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo Kensington Earl's Court in July/2013, during 21 days. My wife, two daughters and I. It was a great experience. The Staff was great, special the guys from Restaurante (Ismael and the Italian and the Chilean Girls) and Carly from the reception desk. They were always kind and helpful. Thank you all for your support during our stay! The breakfast is very good and personal. The Hotel is very clean, cozy, beautiful, elegant. The rooms have a quite good size, comfortable beds, and elegance. There is no noise in the room from the streets, cause they have specific windows for that. They offer some compliments of a very good quality. The hotel, as everybody has told, has an excellent location (steps from the Metro Station and many restaurants, stores and markets). Simply go !

Room Tip: I stay at room 308 and it was very, very good !
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Emmi Mae L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Lucio_SaoPaulo,

Thank you for your comments about your stay. I am very pleased to hear that although you did not like the first room you were allocated the team swapped the rooms around so that you had a great stay with us!

Thank you for your positive comments on our rooms, bathroom and location!

We hope to see you return In the future!

Emmi
emmi@hotelindigokensington.co.uk
Guest Relations Manager
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This was a great choice for us on a weekend away with friends. The room was spacious, well equipped and fresh, with a clean, good sized bathroom. The tube is literally across the street, with a couple of bars, shops and pubs nearby. Our room faced a small garden, and was very quiet, but not all rooms are like that, so request a quiet room when you book. The location of the hotel is really good, but expect to spend time on the tube travelling into the city centre, it is about 8 stops.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Once again there was a miscommunication with rooms, etc..but this was resolved via the reception staff (thank you reception!) , so in the end it worked out well. Not sure who the lady in reservations is as I don't recall her being there at my last visit but I could be wrong, but I have never heard someone sound so unenthusiastic or disinterested.

Other than the above it was a very nice stay again, I absolutely love this place, it is so homely and cosy, even the other guests are nice and we all just get on like one big family, which is not something I have ever encountered other than at Staybridge suites which is a tad more understandable as that is geared towards being a home away from home..or maybe I just arrived on a good day where all the guests were in a good mood, lol

I was happy to see the wire baskets to put the soaps, etc.. have been installed in the bathroom and the WiFi has improved,

Michael the bar manager was around, and he remembered me so had a little chat,etc.. he is so lovely and a genuinely warm person that seems to really understand customer service the other barman was also very friendly and we also had a bit of banter.

The lady on at breakfast (from Bristol) was particularly sweet, and so friendly, she made the best hot chocolate ever and went out of her way to make sure me and my little man were ok..don't get me wrong they are all (for the most part) very nice at this hotel, but a select few are exceptional.

I had my waffles, and although a bit "overcooked" this time, it was still just as tasty and I think I now have an addiction to them :-(

No doubt when I want my "time to switch off" break I will be returning...if nothing else at least for the waffles.

Thanks for a pleasant stay guys!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear hoxtonbabe,

Thank you for your review on our hotel.

Thank you for the information on the mix up with the rooms and am very glad that reception fixed this for you without a doubt!

We have tried very hard to add small touches to both our public area's and the bedrooms to create the home away from home concept in our hotel; so we are very glad to know you feel very comfortable when staying here with us.

We are pleased to confirm that we have indeed installed the soap holders after some great constructive feedback from our guests!

Thank you for the Mention of both Michael and Lauren whilst they were working and we are very proud to say that the team we have here do their best to ensure that our guests have a fantastic stay and most of this comes down to service and guest interaction.

We hope to see you return in the future!

Emmi
grm@hotelindigokensington.co.uk
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed at the hotel for around 9 days and I must say the positives outweighed the negatives.
While the Hotel is well located and close to many amenities such as busses, train, pubs, the rooms were very small and although our room had a large shower there was no bath. The door from our clothes cupboard kept banging against the front door to the room preventing you from opening the cupboard all the way. The view from our rooms was positively unattractive, with the view being lots of rubbish strewn over the roof of anther building. The general area is very pleasant and we found it quite enjoyable to take walks to Cromwell road or along Earls Court Road even at night.
In regards to staff we found to be pleasant and attentive and in general provided a good level of service, however, we did encounter one or two who perhaps had an off day or two?
Breakfast was quite varied ranging from simple omelettes to full English breakfast which I enjoyed very much. The buffet (for the price charged) was a little limited but when added to the other meals available it was adequate. The food provided was of a god quality but you could get the same breakfast in Earls Court road for a third of the price.
Overall I am not sure I would go back to stay at this hotel as there are better value for money hotels available close by.

Room Tip: The rooms vary considerably in quality between the various floors of the hotel
1 Thank PSP-Adel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear PSP-Adel,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad you liked our convenient location. However, I'm sorry you found some aspects of our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W