“Fantastic, quirky London hotel - tourists look no further!”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #82 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Southampton
“Fantastic, quirky London hotel - tourists look no further!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I had the delight of being treated to an overnight stay at the Hotel Indigo, Earl's Court on a weekend in September; it is the best London hotel I have stayed in. From the warm welcome to the spacious, quirkily decorated and very spacious executive room it was an absolute pleasure to stay here. In fact, when we checked into our room it was so nice that I didn't want to leave to go out for the evening!! The staff did a discrete and fantastic job at arranging a surprise bottle of Prosecco requested by my partner. When they didn't have any in the hotel bar they called ahead in the morning to ensure this was all just perfect. I would particularly commend this hotel to tourists because it is a very short walk to Earl's Court tube station which has access to the District/Circle line of the Tube. The District line runs East from Earl's Court and stops off at all the mainstream London tourist areas along the way, with easy Tube connection to other parts of London. That said, I would not hesitate to stay here for business (depending on where I need to be in the day). The hotel will be top of my list next time I need somewhere to stay in central London.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We had a weekend break at this fabulous hotel, our second visit for this year. On arrival we received a warm welcome from the lovely receptionist, great recognition of Gold Elite membership.

To our surprise and delight we were upgraded to an Executive suite, the room was gorgeous with a separate living room area.

Breakfast was included and was delicious, the restaurant staff are friendly and have a very individualised approach to the guests.

So glad we returned, truly a hidden gem, perfect for our mother and daughter break.

Addie's Thai and Masala Zone restaurants, are nearby, we really enjoyed our meals there too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
San Diego, United States
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This boutique hotel is in a good location with easy access to the tube and the direct Picadilly line to/from Heathrow in about 30 mins.

This is was my 4th stay and the team finally seem to be getting some traction with anticipating needs and making it a point to greet guests and be friendly, without being intrusive. I had had challenges with my rooms and service on a first visit but was mollified by the manager on duty who promised to do better next time.

And indeed they have. I was delighted by the hot chocolate and Beatrix Potter book as part of turndown instead of the usual mint. I had left a small piece of luggage as I had to leave for a couple of days and on my return booking, they had it in my newly assigned room BEFORE I even checked in. What a delight after two busy travel days around Europe and not having to hunt it down in the baggage room.

The menu is simple but I love the salad for a filling dinner after a workout in the small gym. The team recognizes that while guests are out most of the time, coming back to a clean quiet room is exactly what one needs...and having good tea, complimentary water and crisps are just right too.

I like the restaurants in the area, running to the river or to Holland Park and being treated well. Good job on making great strides.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Ken P

I am so pleased to see a review from a returning guest and really pleased that you enjoyed the little extras that come with our turndown service in our junior suites. The luggage being ready in your room is a great example of how our employees are always trying to do that bit more to make our guests stay that bit better.

Please let us know when you are staying again.

Brooke
fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk
Mansfield, England
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We staying in the Hotel Indigo London Kensington in September and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. It achieves what it sets out to do - has the look and feel of a boutique hotel. Without fail all the staff were enthusiastic and efficient - they really care about the hotel and the service they provide their customers. We certainly didn't feel we were staying in an impersonal hotel in London - quite the reverse. Lovely room, attention to detail (a kettle to match the room decor!!) and some nice touches like a minibar stocked with goodies which were free, tea pig teabags, mugs which say " your lordship" and "your ladyship". Breakfast was extensive with a great selection and hot food cooked to order. The only small gripe was the slowness of service at breakfast. All in all a great find and somewhere we would both recommend to others and stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We were in London travelling with friends for the weekend, and what an amazing little place it turned out to be. We were immediately upgraded on arrival, so had an executive room, with a great outlook over the rooftops, the rooms at the front looked out on the little park, bathroom very modern and trendy, as was the room,bright vibrant colours, complimentary bar, safe facilities,extremely comfortable bed,fabulous new cosy towels. Staff all extremely helpful and efficient at their job and all had a sense of humour! We didn't eat in the hotel but both the bar snacks during the day and breakfast looked amazing. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a little luxury every so often!

Room Tip: Room 202 or 203
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 7 October 2013

the hotel is a one minute walk from earls court underground, so easy to find and close to pubs, cafes, shops.. it's wonderfully decorated, walk in "rainfall" showers, bathroom quite large (for london anyway), super-comfy beds and lovely staff. as always, it's the details that make the experience unforgettable: the tea cups have "her ladyship" or "his lordship" printed on it :-) one comment though: room 501 and 502 are reached by a stair from the 4th floor, so no direct access by lift, but would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in September after many months of researching hotels in the area. We were looking for clean, close to transport and good service. This hotel certainly delivered and I was absolutely delighted with the room, even after all the pictures I had seen in past TA reviews. The only thing that was a slight let down was the wifi, which was free but we could never really get a strong enough signal to be able to do any of the basic things like sending emails, social media etc. Other than that, it really was wonderful and I would certainly stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Lisa L

I am really pleased that you choose our hotel after researching many other hotels in London. It’s great to know that it was our reviews on the location, cleanliness and service that helped you make that decision. Our internet is actually very good and reliable so I am surprised that it was not able to do basic things. I believe it must be a weak signal in the room you were in and would like to get maintenance to rectify this. Please could you let me know which room you were staying in, it would be much appreciated.

Brooke