“Out of 60 hotels, this is the Best Service ever!”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #84 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Doha Qatar
“Out of 60 hotels, this is the Best Service ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here during a two day business trip.The hotel is really cool, has a personality, rooms are very big and they include lots of stuff for free. Best of all is the service. I got really sick and was terrified.. (Woman alone in a foreign country!!!) I called the front desk and they sent the night manager to see me. She basically did not leave me until she was 100% sure i was alright. Lauren went as far as running to a nearby pharmacy to see if she can arrange for a doctor to come see me. She did not stop until she found one , and made several visits to my room, offering me water and made sure that i am comfortable.. I have visited over 60 hotels and never encountered such amazing service. I am visiting UK again in Spring and I will be 100% comfortable bringing my family to such a beautiful and attentive hotel. Food and room amenities were also very very good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Faour

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed back in September for business, and the staff was excellent. Magic in the restaurant, took great care of us during our stay. My room had a bright pink door and it was so funky and unique inside the room. Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the hotel. It's so well run: there's real attention paid to every detail. Reception is welcoming, and although the rooms are a bit smaller than I'd like, everything inside them is so well presented. The shower is pure luxury, and the towels and toilettries are first class. Breakfast is very good also. Well worth staying here - it's the best hotel I use in London.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Checkettsr,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased to hear your comments on the reception staff, the shower and the toiletries and also the breakfast. Thank you so much for recommending the hotel I am so pleased that you find us the best in London!

We hope you stay with us again soon and if you do let us know you are coming back!

Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

What a great find! Quiet area, yet close to everything you need. Very well-appointed room (if a bit small), very attentive staff. My wife and I spent 2 nights here and my only wish is that we had more time. The room was very comfy, the bathroom was splendid and everything was spotlessly clean. Every hotel chain I ever stayed in in the US should see this room and take a second look at themselves.

Room Tip: I don't know if they have larger rooms; you should ask if they do. Our room was very comfy and v...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Ooskus,

Thanks for leaving your comments on the hotel and we are delighted that you liked the quiet but well connected location and the attentive staff.

Our rooms all differ in shape and if you have a preference i.e. view, quite etc then please do email us. If you would like a larger room then we do have the option of executive rooms and junior suites. These are more spacious with additional mini bar and bathroom amenities. The junior suites also include a turndown service.

We wish that you had more time too but please do come back and visit us again soon.

sydney traveller
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Earl's Court has certainly upgraded since, as an Aussie in the late 60s I first experienced the then Australian ghetto!
Indigo is the boutique arm of the large IHG group (intercontinental, Holiday Inn etc). They are doing a very good job, judging by the couple I've experienced.
Hotels are new, with excellent beds, excellent soundproofing, fully equipped bathrooms etc.
there are some small rooms at the Indigo (the excellent and helpful staff changed mine upon request)..
nice touches like free (limited) mini bar-bathrobes etc
free wifi but very slow (ping 57ms, download. 0 79 mb), but you can pay for faster.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hjoerring, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I've been at the Indigo several times now and I'm always welcomed by a very friendly staff that has everything ready for me.

Haven't tried dinner yet, but breakfast is good and service is again very polite and friendly. Could be a bit quicker sometimes, but then again it is worth the wait.

It is one of my favourite hotels in the UK and whenever I can plan my trips to go to London the Indigo is the place I stay whether it is for business or holiday. Located in perfect a spot for a run or a walk around Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park, and if you're up for it down Picadilly. Very close to Earl's Court tube station.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Nils

Thank you so much for leaving such an amazing review I am so glad you like the staff and their friendly service. I am so happy we are one of your favourite hotels in the UK and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

There are lots of great reviews on here about the hotel and I'd reflect most of them. We arrived early-evening and were met by two very happy and friendly reception staff that had all our details ready-printed and the room keys already cut. Within one minute we were on our way to the room. The free mini-bar was great and the wi-fi easily fast enough to be useful (unlike in some other IHG hotels).

The room was very nicely decorated with a high king-sized bed, a couple of relaxing chairs and table in the bay-window, and a small desk and chair. Whilst we were out for the evening, the bed was turned down, the empty bottles cleared and waste-bin emptied. My only significant criticism of the room was that it was in the basement. In itself, not a problem, but there was noise from the reception area above and when we stuck a nose through the curtains in the morning, someone was sitting on the window-cill having a smoke!

The bathroom was lovely - a huge walk-in shower area and lots of big, fluffy towels - but the flow from the shower too much for the drains on the first morning. After reporting this, something was done, but the next morning it was still borderline. Stay in the shower for too long on full volume and you'd flood the whole bathroom!

We stayed here on IHG points and would do so again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Fruitmachine2009

I am so pleased that you received a very happy welcome to the hotel and that everything was ready prepared for you to check into your room straight away. I am also glad that you made use of our complimentary wifi and mini bar which we offer to all guests.

The rooms with the bay windows are beautiful and the spa inspired showers are very relaxing. We have carried out some maintenance work on the showers now too so that they all drain much more efficiently.

We do have some lovely room in the lower ground however for those that want a higher floor you can send your request to frontoffice@hotelindigokensington.co.uk.

We hope to see you again,