Hotel Indigo London Kensington
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$117
2,030 results
All reviewsearl's court tube stationbarkston gardensaveda toiletriesfree mini barpiccadilly linerainfall showerquiet side streetminute walklovely hotelbasement roompubs and restaurantscomfortable bedjunior suiteloved this hotelwalk in showerheathrow airportgreat shower
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We recently enjoyed a short stay at the hotel whilst visiting friends. Whilst we didn't spend a huge amount of time at the hotel, everything we experienced was very good. The room was very well appointed, compact but not small by London standards. Rooms were spotless and we had everything we needed and slept well, the double rain showers are a highlight. We had breakfast included in our rate, selection was excellent and the staff were very friendly and organised. We would certainly stay again if in the area and would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Tricky8579,

Thank you for your comments on the hotel and we are so glad that you will stay again in the future!

I am pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast, staff and spotless rooms. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the whole team.

Kind Regards,

Brooke
fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic value for money, customer service and attention to detail. This place is first class and the staff are all fantastic

It's well worth signing up for the IHG reward points card and applying for the offers online too

I highly recommend this for business and a romantic weekend and have arranged drinks receptions from to time to time which have again been superb value for money for central london

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Emmi Mae L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear buddhatim,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay.

We are happy to hear that you are a loyal IHG Rewards club member and to our hotel in particular. It's great to know that you find our hotel value for money and even notice the little touches of the hotel!

Hopefully we have the pleasure of your company again in the near future!

Best Regards,
Emmi

Reviewed 1 November 2013

The hotel is just around the corner from Earls Court tube station and bus stops nearby too. We had a great welcome from the warm and polite staff who couldn't have been more helpful throughout the stay. Even the bar manager was chatty and friendly. The bar was busy at night but a friendly atmosphere - not at all raucous and we could hear nothing from our room on the first floor.
The room was compact but I loved the unusual wallpaper which seemed to be an abstract of the exterior of the hotel. The bed and pillows were comfy and the shower was a big walk-in one. Towels were white and fluffy and robes and slippers were provided. The room had two armchairs to relax in and a small desk too.

All in all, a great stay - I would definitely recommend for couples. I didnt get to use the fitness room so I cant comment. We did not pay for breakfast as it was £15 a head but there are places to eat much cheaper in the street around the corner if you want the full English.

Although the web site said parking available, the only parking was on the street so it would be best to find parking elsewhere if you have a car.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here to try it out. The hotel is boutique, very clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful.... And the breakfast is absolutely delicious. Me and a work colleague were treated very well, and would recommend it for business stays in the area. We have tried several others in that area and will be back to this one.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
9  Thank Cw106
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Cw106,

Thank you for leaving a review and it’s great to hear that you will be back! I will pass your comments onto the team and the breakfast manager.

Thank you for recommending the hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Brooke
fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I got to the hotel for business and extended for extra few days of vacation, stayed there for a total of 9 nights. The location of the hotel is what attracted me - just 15 minutes by Tube to the city center and about 30 minutes to my work office. The good reviews here were appropriate to the level of the hotel. I called a few days prior to check in to ask for a quiet room on a higher floor, and got the farthest room on the 4th floor, which was super-quiet. The room was facing the front, looking on a Barkston Gardens, but the street is relatively quiet and with the good windows it had make it very quiet indeed. The room was designed in a modern but warm design that made me feel very comfortable. The room size is very large (by London standards) and the bathroom is huge as well. The hotel seems to have been refurbished recently, and every day my room was cleaned impeccably. However, on the 6th night of my staying I spotted several cockroaches in the bathroom. The next morning I went to the reception to let the manager know about the issue, and she deeply apologized. I offered to show her the photos I managed to take but the didn't take a look and instead gave me her business card so I can e-mail her through my travel agent for a compensation. In addition to that, I was asked to leave the room so it can be sprayed, and was upgraded to a Junior suite, that was on the 1st floor facing the back of the buildings.

The new room was obviously larger, and also very quiet! We even got a couple of small whine bottles, in addition to the complementary water, fizzy orange and lemonade drinks that are being refilled everyday in the mini-bar free of charge. In the new room, I woke up one morning to discover the whole floor and my luggage soaked with water, due to a leakage from the floor above us. As I notified the front desk, they immediately sent maintenance that fixed the problem in an hour of work - the issue didn't occur again.

Both rooms were air-conditioned, and equipped with an LCD HD television (the suite has 2 TVs). The bed was very comfortable and the shower had good water and was very pampering after a hard long day of work. One bad point that the staff did not manage to solve throughout the whole of my stay: WiFi was horrible. Didn't work most of the time (even though it said it does) and when did work, was very sluggish. This applies for both rooms I stayed, and all the hotel area.

Restaurant & bar: The breakfast is rich and filling, and the food is very good. On Saturday and Sunday it seems that the staff can't handle the load of guests, as it took a whole hour to get the breakfast I ordered which resulted in a very late start for my day in London. Other tables faced the same problem, in addition to wrong dishes, uncooked food (!), missing items and other mix ups; the buffet was empty and was not refilled. I needed to call front desk for assistance, and only then it seemed that things started to work - we were apologized and the meals have been received shortly. Other days, the breakfast service was much better, with staff being as usual very nice.
Just before my departure from the hotel I had a dinner (that was given as a compensation for the roachy room). Ordered the duck leg in duck eggs – definitely one of the best dishes I have had in my stay in the UK, if not THE BEST! I tend to eat out pretty much, so it is not common at all that there are specific dishes that I remember just for the food itself! In addition to that, the service was excellent, and dishes came in fast as I let the waitress know that I have a flight to catch. I am so happy that this is how I concluded my stay in London.

On the day of checkout, I asked for a taxi to be called to the hotel in the evening before my departure, and the front desk lady took good care of this. There was an erroneous bill that I was asked to pay, but once I told the front desk it was a mistake, they quickly and efficiently checked the matter and apologized. When I left my room and the hotel for the last time, I looked back and felt that although not everything was perfect, I will DEFINITELY do my best to come back! Throughout all my visit, every issue was received by the staff with a smile and with concern, and most of the things were taken care of. I felt that all employees really CARE for the guests, and are not just there in order to pass the minutes until their shift ends. I felt that even though I was staying by myself, I was surrounded by people and not just anonymous employees. Looking back, apart from the WiFi not working properly at all (an issue that affected me a lot for the business part of my trip and has not been resolved!), every other thing was great, and if there might have been a few issues, they all got taken care of. Since the atmosphere is so nice, the location is excellent and the rooms are pretty large, this hotel would be a good choice for my possible future trips to London both for business and for pleasure!

I know that these reviews are read by the hotel staff – so I would like to extend my gratitude and high appreciation to each and every one of you! With your smile and care you really make a difference in people's experiences as guests in your hotel.

Room Tip: Lower floors facing the street could be a bit more noisy, but do call the front desk in advance to ask for anything you prefer (including room color! :) )
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business