“Fantastic hotel!”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #85 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Hotel Indigo last night for the first time.... It certainly won't be the last. Beautiful decor, great facilities... And the staff were fantastic - in particular Carly on Reception who made us feel very welcome and special. We'll be back!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Claire S

Thanks for your review! I am so happy that the staff made a difference to your stay and I have shared your comments with Carly who was so pleased.

Please let us know when you are coming back again!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at hotel Indigo for the first time this week. On arrival the staff were ultra friendly, one of the best check in experiences ever. I went straight to the bar, to be equally greeted in a friendly fashion and then enjoyed a nice chilled beer. The room albeit compact was great, and had complimentary drinks in the fridge. Really lovely decor and great to have a sound system in the shower room. The breakfast was great. Overall great stay and great staff, plus just two minutes from the tube.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex K
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I travel with work, and when in London stay at this hotel, as i genuinely like it. So much so, that this is my third stay this year.
However, when checking in this week, after an 11 hour day hit a snag at Reception. I was asked to "swipe" my credit card as it was "Company policy" to cover any extras i might have. I explained that I had stayed at the hotel twice this year, and had not been asked before. I said I would not be using the Restaurant or the bar, and If i did, would pay as i went along. (Not at this hotel, but in the past, my cards have been charged for other peoples services....therefore I am loathe to hand over the details) This was clearly not acceptable, and i was then told i could leave £30.00 cash ! I explained that wasnt going to happen either. The bed and breakfast bill is paid for by the company, so all i wanted to do, was go shower, and meet colleagues for dinner. .....Not so.....the Manager then appeared and the argument continued. All she could argue was that it was "Company" policy. She told me that it wasnt that they didnt trust me....but by this time, I felt as though it was. As i needed to go out, I handed over my card, as i felt battered into submission...not helped by a third member of staff who appeared to ask "how my day had been !!"........"Great till i arrived here thanks!"
The manager at this point clearly realised i was rather angry, as she then offered me a free drink. I declined, as i had explained I was in a rush...and needed to shower and go out. She then offered to leave a note behind the bar should i want a drink later...I asked her not to bother, as i wouldnt take this up. I found the whole episode insulting, and it has left a bad taste in my mouth. A nice hotel spoil by petty bureaucracies

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank William R
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear William R,

Thank you for your feedback.

On check-in we do ask for a £30 authorisation on a credit card or a £30 cash deposit. This is very normal for hotels and especially London hotels with most asking for a £50 deposit. This is so that our guests can use the hotel facilities at their leisure throughout their stay. It also allows us to offer an express check-out to our guests who may be in a rush in the morning and do not want to check-out at reception. As we have a method of payment from each guest at check-in it means on check-out you can just drop off your keys. However if you are not going to use either of these options then I can understand the frustration you must have had at check-in, we always want to be able to offer guests the freedom to charge to their room and the express check-out so it is not a procedure that we will be able to change. However it does highlight that we do need to treat each guest individually.

Thank you for your comments please let us know if you are staying again.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

This was a good hotel for a few nights in London. Easy to get to from Heathrow—Picaddilly line to Earl’s court with elevators at both ends then a quick right from the station and then a left and you are on Barkston gardens. The room was good in size, but there was minimal storage so it would be hard to really unpack for a longer stay. The shower and water pressure were good. We booked the room with free mini-bar, but the mini-bar had a Mars bar, lemonade and 2 super sweet cheap wine coolers things. It was restocked but most of what they had did not interest us. We did not eat or have a drink at the hotel so cannot report. The location is great and we would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Bondsammax

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on the hotel. The exit from Earl’s Court is towards “Earl’s Court Road” and then it is just a few minutes walk. We are very well connected to Heathrow being on the Piccadilly line and also to the city having the district line as well.

I am glad you liked the size of the room and the spa inspired showers. All of our rooms have complimentary mini bars restocked daily, their offering is then increased if you book a executive or junior suite. If you stay again let us know what your favourite snacks are as we wouldn’t want you to miss out again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a short weekend break after it was recommended to us by a relative who works in the hotel industry (so knows what she's taking about!) and we weren't disappointed! Absolutely wonderful, from the moment we stepped through the door we were made to feel at ease. The staff were all lovely - particularly one waitress in the hotel bar who always had a smile and was happy to go the extra mile - and the hotel itself was stunning. Our room was beautiful, with lots of little luxuries to make our stay even better, and one of the comfiest beds I've ever slept in! The location was perfect as well, 2 minutes from the tube and lots of bars/ restaurants. We will definitely stay here whenever we visit London from now on!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Spent two nights at the Indigo in Earl's court. It is an excellent hotel, very well placed next to the Earl's court tube station and close to Kensington High street. The rooms are small but very well designed. The bathroom is perfect with a huge shower. I had problems with the draining of the shower which was dealt with extremely efficiently. The breakfast is very good with lots of choice. The reception staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Added bonus the tea and coffee in the room and mini bar and snacks included in the price. I will definitely be back

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This boutique hotel is situated on a quiet side street overlooking Barkston gardens, yet is only a 3 minute walk away from Earls Court tube station, so it is easy to reach the West End, Covent Garden, Hyde Park etc. It is not your corporate, bland, know-what-to-expect, chain hotel (although ironically it is part of the Holiday Inn group). The Victorian building has been imaginatively refurbished to a high standard. The decor in reception and the rooms is colourful, arresting and very stylish and sophisticated. My bedroom was spacious with a very comfortable bed, writing desk (with iPod dock), coffee table and two armchairs. The bathroom was a good size, very modern with a large shower. In addition to the usual tea and coffee making facilities, there were complimentary fruit juices, bottles of water, crisps and a chocolate bar. WiFi was free too.
The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, check in and check out were quick and efficient.
Highly recommended, I will certainly stay there again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business