“Perfect Stay”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #86 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Indigo whilst in London for a concert. The hotel is in a perfect location 1 min walk from tube station with plenty of shops and bars in the area.

We arrived early around 12 and luckily our room was ready. The room perfect! It was spacious and had everything you could ever need from free mini bar, dressing gowns, tea/coffee, iron and iron board, plenty of storage and one of the most comfiest beds I've slept in.

We will definitely return, hopefully in the near future:)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,916)

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I'm a regular user of a Hotel Indego's especially in London, but it was first time staying here. As a Platinum Member I got the night free on my points. Great location 2 minutes walk from Earl's Court Tube & on a direct line from King's Cross, it was a convenient option for our travel plans.
Warm welcome & room upgrade, which was appreciated. I was told breakfast was included, despite not usually booking one? We were offered a charity draw at £5, which I agreed to & I won a free breakfast. The receptionist asked me to redraw as I had already got breakfast. I redrew another breakfast before eventually getting some biscuits.
Room was well appointed, with comfy bed & walk in shower. Exactly what you expect from this brand.
A good nights sleep was followed by us going down to breakfast & being told it wasn't included. After several minutes of explaining, it was agreed that they would comp the breakfast. Breakfast service was a shambles, with wrong orders, food going to different tables, incomplete orders etc.
This is a lovely hotel, but they need to up their game on organisation for guests to have the perfect stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Leedsaway67
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Third stay at the Earls Court Indigo and as good as the previous two. My earlier reviews sum it up for me. A relaxed London hotel with good rooms and a human touch. Some of the most friendly staff anywhere, let alone in a London hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank OleDunk
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Location is ideal (2 minute walk from Earls Court tube station), staff are friendly and the general style of this boutique hotel is lovely. We've stayed in a few hotels in the UK and this is the best by far.

We stayed for one night and despite arriving early (11.30am), our room was ready.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable with the view from the bedroom window looked out across the rooftops. The bathroom was nice with a deep bath (which I took advantage of after spending the entire day walking around London) and the power shower was invigorating first thing in the morning setting us up nicely for the day ahead.

We loved The Lord and Lady cups in the bedrooms. Unfortunately they were out of stock so we were unable to purchase during our visit, but we will definitely be emailing the hotel to purchase some as a reminder of our visit. Great hotel and can't wait to go back if the opportunity arises.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed one night on IHG points and was kindly upgraded to a junior suite which had everything one needed in the way of amenities; space, furniture, iron , safe, bathrobes, tea-coffee and a FREE mini bar. This hotel goes the extra mile.....I was genuinely impressed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Gammo,

Thank you for your comments and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I am really pleased that you felt the service went the extra mile and I will pass the comments onto the team.

Kind Regards,

Brooke
fohmanager@hotelindigokensignton.co.uk

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My second Indigo, first one in NYC a few months ago, and I continue to be very impressed. First let me put to rest those reviews that complained about construction noise. There is no construction at the hotel and I also heard that directly from the GM. Regarding the GM, very approachable. I like that about a Hotel as many GMs are not available let alone respond to a note. Excellent location about a block from Earls Court. if you are an Ambassador, hope for a junior suite. Very lovely room. Just ask if it’s a room in between floors. I spent 10 minutes wondering about until I returned to the front desk for directions. Gym small but I expected that and was lucky no one else wanted to exercise. Great service. Lots of small shops around, fast food and pubs.. All in all, I would definitely return!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guyana1234,

I am so pleased this is your second visit to a Hotel Indigo hotel and you are impressed! The location really is great to all of London and also for the restaurants, bars and shops just a short stroll away.

I hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Brooke
fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We chose the Indigo mainly as it was a little different to most hotels we saw when booking. We wanted something plush and located around Earls Court as we find this location brilliant for getting around (even with the recent tube strikes).

On arrival we were very impressed with the decor and friendliness of the reception staff. We we're booked in pretty quick and found our room very easily.

The room was furnished and decorated to a very high standard and featured all the facilities you would expect or need from a 4* hotel. The bathroom was amazing, lots of space with a huge walk in shower and dustbin lid style shower from the ceiling. The only disappointment for us was the lack of space in the main bedroom, you couldn't swing a cat in there!

As soon as we entered from the hall we were faced with a towering 7ft wardrobe only a few feet from the main door, to the left was a dresser and luggage holder (and that was it in that room) which then opened into the bathroom. To the right of the wardrobe the room opened up into the main bedroom which only just fit a kingsize bed with enough room to navigate around to get in.

As we didn't intend on staying in the room other than to sleep in this wasn't a problem worth complaining to the hotel about and we may just have been unlucky getting one of the smallest 'Superior Double' rooms? Even so it was very clean, tidy and comfy.

The rest of the staff we encountered were all well presented, knowledgeable, friendly, polite and met all requests we had of them.

The hotel's actual location is just as good, less than 5 minutes from the tube and only a 10 min walk to the Earls Court Exhibition Centre (If you plan on visiting a show/conference).

Would definitely recommend to others, but will look for something else next time for us as we found it a little expensive for what we got on our stay.

Room Tip: Don't get room 401 - it's very cramped.