2,122 results
All reviewsearl's court tube stationbarkston gardensaveda toiletriesmini barearl s courtpiccadilly linerainfall showergreat boutiquequiet side streetlovely hotelminute walkpubs and restaurantsbasement roomloved this hoteljunior suitewalk in showerthe air conditioning
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here early March as a stop over before business meeting in London. Location wise it's fine, very near Earls Court tube station, with restaurants etc nearby.

Now onto the hotel. Firstly as a Platinum IHG member I do qualify for a free upgrade, if any are available. Hotel was far from full - non offered.

Moving onto the room. Facilities wise its fine, nice bed, bathroom, linens etc. however, I could not control the air-conditioning because something was smeared over the glass and instructions. Room was either far to hot or the fan made the noise of a Formula 1 racing team. I woke up at 3am and gave up.

Will I stay here again, sorry no, and whilst others give it 4* or 4+ for me it's only 3

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank sophielaura
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay.

I am really glad that you liked the location and service from the staff, however apologise that you found the temperature of the room to be too hot. With the sudden increase in the temperature outside we have now dropped the temperature throughout the hotel to ensure that it is the right level.

Our reception team is exceptionally good at upgrading and recognising our loyal guests so my only thought is that our executive and junior suites had been booked. We would then select the most spacious or nicest superior doubles. If you could drop me an email I will be able to check into this further for you.

We do hope that you give us another opportunity in the future to welcome you back.

Brooke
fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The Hotel Indigo is in a great location, minutes away from the Earls Court tube station. The staff were friendly, but there were real problems with the room. The heating was noisy and very difficult to regulate a decent temperature, the tv did not work properly and we were basically in the basement with a view of a tarred roof. The staff offered to 'upgrade' us after we had enought of the tv but it is hardly a treat to pack up and move rooms after a long day touring around London and when you are leaving early the next morning. There were other references on Trip Advisor to tv problems, etc. that I would think it would be incumbent of the management to fix rather than hope the guests do not notice.
Also we had booked a room with a 'king' bed and it was definitely a queen bed. The front desk staff told me that a european king is not the same as a North American king. But interestingly enough further on our trip, a Scotish king was definitely the size of a north american king. So not sure how the Hotel Indigo at Earls Court measures their beds.
That being said the breakfast was very good, the water and treats were much appreciated.
If you want to try this hotel definitely ask for an upper floor room.

Room Tip: Ask for a upper floor room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vacationhoundToronto
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

I am really glad that you found the staff to be friendly throughout the hotel however I apologise for the issues you encountered. It would be really helpful if you could let me know what room you originally stayed in so that I can get our maintenance team to look into the TV and AC issues fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk. The original issue with the TVs was fixed at the beginning of the year so we will need to look into this further.

I am sorry that you had to move rooms during your stay as this must have been frustrating, although hope that the upgrade to a larger room was comfortable for the remainder of your trip. The beds are a UK King size bed which measure 1.5mx2m, I will ensure that reception are clear on this and also update the description to “UK king size” as we do not want to mislead people when booking.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast and complimentary mini-bar and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Brooke

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was my first stay in an Indigo brand hotel and I was very impressed. I've stayed in hotels marketed as 'boutique' before, and quite often it just turns out to be slightly better furniture and acid jazz played in the background over breakfast. This hotel really lived up to the description though; all of the areas were very stylish and comfortable.

The staff were a credit to IHG and should be seconded to some of the other brands within the organisation to teach them about customer service. One example - I went to reception to ask where I could get some documents copied and the receptonist took them from me immediately and went to copy them. While I was waiting, the hotel maintenance man came through to reception and as soon as he saw me asked if I was being seen to.

Check in was very friendly and efficient. They upgraded us to a junior suite as I have IHG platinum, the room was down one level from reception but was very bright and had plenty of space. There was a large bed, a sofa, wardrobe and easy chair. All of the furniture was high quality and contemporary design. The bathroom was excellent with a very good shower and largd mirror. There's even a speaker in there mounted in the ceiling so that you can listen to the radio of tv whilst in the shower.

We had our two month old baby with us and asked if they had a cot that we could use. This was bought to the room just a few minutes after we checked in, along with some blankets and an extra towel. They also have a turn down service where they leave you each a flask of hot chocolate on the bedside table. This was a novel idea and very welcome.

The hotel is very well situated just a minute or two walk to the Underground station and very close to a large selection of restaurants and shops.

I can't think of anything they could have done differently to improve our stay. I usually do more than one hundred hotel nights a year, and this was as close to perfect as I've found for a long time. This will now be my default hotel to stay whenever I'm near west London.

m

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Sper upper ,well designed hotel with romantic rooms.i am very pleased with my choice,the service is good.in rooms we have electric teapots with different delicious things,iron and ironing table.we are staying in superior room.room size is very good for Uk standards.there is welcome fruits for guests and with free minibar.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I had searched for many hotels near Earl's Court station for my winter vacations in February/2014, and after some two months searching the Internet, I found this hotel and I decided to give a try for it. And when I arrived, I loved it. I had booked two rooms (one for me and my mother and the other for my brother) and we all were very pleased with our experience at Indigo London Kensington at Earl's Court.

The hotel is located near the Earl's Court Tube Station (just a very short walk of 2 or 3 minutes), which is perfect to come and go back to Heathrow using the Piccadilly Line.
The rooms are well furnished and the décor is a delight to see. The bathroon is very spacius, as well the room. The internet connection is fast and I have nothing to complain about it.

We loved the breakfast menu!

The staff were very helpful and polite, from the ladies and gentlemen at the front desk to the waitress in the breakfast room.

We loved everythig in this hotel, and I can say that it was the best hotel I have stayed in all my life, and for this reason, we have already booked another stay for the New Year's Break.

Our stay was worth every single penny spent!

Thank you very much!