2,136 results
All reviews earl's court tube station barkston gardens aveda toiletries free mini bar earl s court piccadilly line rainfall shower great boutique quiet side street lovely hotel minute walk pubs and restaurants basement room loved this hotel junior suite walk in shower the air conditioning
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Let me start off by saying this is a very good hotel overall. They have done a great job of renovating, the decor is great. Our room was on the 4th floor and was spacious & comfortable, nice bathroom with rainforest shower.

Breakfast was wonderful, a fantastic selection of cold meats and cheeses, with a full compliment of cooked dishes to order. I would suggest you get this included in the rate when you book, all the elements are priced individually and would be pricey if ordered separately.

The location is great, it is a 2 minute walk from Earls Court, and 15 minute walk from Kensington high street or the Natural History Museum.

The room cleaning was exceptional. I couldn't fault it.

Now for the reason its 4 not 5 out of 5. 95% of the staff were wonderful. The majority of the front of house staff are great, one always commented on our outfits and wished us well heading out etc. The restaurant staff are also brilliant, very friendly & smiley.

The one negative was our check-in. We were not given a particularly warm welcome, the lady simply asked for a credit card and when done handed us our room keys (without telling us the room number) and that was all. There was no 'have you stayed here before', or 'your room is XYZ, its through the doors on the right etc' or even 'I can see you have booked breakfast, its served through there 7-10'. We had to find our way and ask later about the other things, when we did find the room, it was already occupied!!

Fortunately the person was not in the room, but what system allows these rooms to be allocated again?! We eventually got the right room, but it was not a good start. We put this behind us and had a lovely stay.
On our last day we were entitled to late check out as I am a IHG Gold member, the person who sorted this happened to be the same who checked us in on the first day. When we returned from a morning out we got to the room and found that the rooms keys did not work as the process hadn't been done properly.

All in all, a very nice hotel. We had some minor niggles but unfortunately these are the sort of things that sometimes stick, some staff training or better monitoring would probably solve this straight away as all the other staff were wonderful.

We would stay again but the one area for feedback we would really give is to make sure that the entire of the reception front of staff are briefed and working to the same high standard so things like that don't happen and it will then be perfect!

Room Tip: You may need to leave windows open as the place was absolutely roasting ALL the time.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VLFinn
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Hotel Indigo is ideally located a 2 minute walk from Earl's Court station, on the Piccadilly line, meaning you can take the Tube to/from Heathrow. I had the basement junior suite, which was a great size (particularly for London) and nicely decorated. I appreciated the selection of products in the bathroom and the free minibar. I experienced no issues with the tv in my room, and although the room was a little warm when I arrived, I just followed the clear instructions provided and turned the air-con on to cool it down. Service at Reception and with Room Service was friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: The basement room has no real outlook, if you want a view you may wish to ask for a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Staying in hotels around 130 nights per year, I experience a wide variety of customer service and facilities. I have stayed in 3 different Indigo Hotels and Earls Court is by far my favourite. I stayed for 3 nights just before Christmas and as a platinum member received a complimentary upgrade, however what set this hotel apart was the high standard of customer service from all levels of staff. I returned on 25th February when I was pleasantly surprised to find that my previous experience was not a one off. The basement room was dark and quiet given its great central location, 2 mins walk from earls Court tube station. The breakfast is out of this world with great choice. Neil R

Room Tip: Basement room for a really quiet night
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Neil,

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor and giving us a 5*review.

I am really pleased that we met your expectation on 2 occasions and it is down to the customer service that sets us apart.

Please do let me know if you coming back in the future and if you would like the same room or try a new one.

Kind Regards,

fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here early March as a stop over before business meeting in London. Location wise it's fine, very near Earls Court tube station, with restaurants etc nearby.

Now onto the hotel. Firstly as a Platinum IHG member I do qualify for a free upgrade, if any are available. Hotel was far from full - non offered.

Moving onto the room. Facilities wise its fine, nice bed, bathroom, linens etc. however, I could not control the air-conditioning because something was smeared over the glass and instructions. Room was either far to hot or the fan made the noise of a Formula 1 racing team. I woke up at 3am and gave up.

Will I stay here again, sorry no, and whilst others give it 4* or 4+ for me it's only 3

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank sophielaura

Dear Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay.

I am really glad that you liked the location and service from the staff, however apologise that you found the temperature of the room to be too hot. With the sudden increase in the temperature outside we have now dropped the temperature throughout the hotel to ensure that it is the right level.

Our reception team is exceptionally good at upgrading and recognising our loyal guests so my only thought is that our executive and junior suites had been booked. We would then select the most spacious or nicest superior doubles. If you could drop me an email I will be able to check into this further for you.

We do hope that you give us another opportunity in the future to welcome you back.

fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The Hotel Indigo is in a great location, minutes away from the Earls Court tube station. The staff were friendly, but there were real problems with the room. The heating was noisy and very difficult to regulate a decent temperature, the tv did not work properly and we were basically in the basement with a view of a tarred roof. The staff offered to 'upgrade' us after we had enought of the tv but it is hardly a treat to pack up and move rooms after a long day touring around London and when you are leaving early the next morning. There were other references on Trip Advisor to tv problems, etc. that I would think it would be incumbent of the management to fix rather than hope the guests do not notice.
Also we had booked a room with a 'king' bed and it was definitely a queen bed. The front desk staff told me that a european king is not the same as a North American king. But interestingly enough further on our trip, a Scotish king was definitely the size of a north american king. So not sure how the Hotel Indigo at Earls Court measures their beds.
That being said the breakfast was very good, the water and treats were much appreciated.
If you want to try this hotel definitely ask for an upper floor room.

Room Tip: Ask for a upper floor room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vacationhoundToronto
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

I am really glad that you found the staff to be friendly throughout the hotel however I apologise for the issues you encountered. It would be really helpful if you could let me know what room you originally stayed in so that I can get our maintenance team to look into the TV and AC issues fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk. The original issue with the TVs was fixed at the beginning of the year so we will need to look into this further.

I am sorry that you had to move rooms during your stay as this must have been frustrating, although hope that the upgrade to a larger room was comfortable for the remainder of your trip. The beds are a UK King size bed which measure 1.5mx2m, I will ensure that reception are clear on this and also update the description to “UK king size” as we do not want to mislead people when booking.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast and complimentary mini-bar and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards,