2,124 results
All reviewsearl's court tube stationbarkston gardensaveda toiletriesfree mini barearl s courtpiccadilly linerainfall showergreat boutiquequiet side streetlovely hotelminute walkpubs and restaurantsbasement roomloved this hoteljunior suitewalk in showerthe air conditioning
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I had one night here while on a business trip to central London and was very presently surprised with the choice. Located just off the main road (so it's quiet ) close to Earl's Court tube station this is not the normal chain hotel. I was greeted by very friendly and smiling staff who did their best to make my stay as good as possible (one had a small green frog on his jacket which just seemed to break the ice). The rooms are large for the centre of a big city with rom to move around the large bed, chair and foot stool. Lots of storage space and connections for recharging/logging on. Interesting decor in the rooms carries the theme along. There is a free mini bar in the room (soft drinks, good quality tea and snacks). The spacious bathroom was well stocked with soap etc. and very high quality towels. Mine had a large walk in shower. Breakfast was wonderful with a large selection of hot and cold food and drink. Staff were again friendly and helpful with no rushing you out. I was surprised with the price as I payed much more for a 'cheap chain hotel' and mass breakfast a little more towards the centre of town. Travel time was no more than a few minutes more. I will be back next time I need a hotel in town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This hotel must be only months old, for everything still shone. All amenities are available (safe, iron, fridge). Bed quite comfortable. Very modern. A little tight, but very clean.

Service was friendly. Room service food was decent and quick to arrive.

The location is conveniently located near the Earl's Court tube station (2 minutes by foot). Kensington isn't in the center of the action in London, but for this reason, it's also pleasant. The neighborhood itself is beautiful and has plenty of stores, pubs, etc...

Wi-Fi is free, as it should be.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed in the hotel for our wedding anniversary and were treated like royalty. Rose petals on the bed and special drinks at the bar with a beautifully signed card from the staff. Every single member of staff were welcoming and attentive. The rooms are exquisite, comfortable, and so clean and spacious for a London hotel room at this price. Breakfast is not to be missed. Try the waffles. A real treat!!!!! The tube station is across the road with a few stops to the inner city. There's a marks and spencer food hall across the road. Other bars within walking distance which do food too. I've told my friends about it and have already arranged another stay in May. Can't wait. Well done Indigo.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gogo321
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Let me start off by saying this is a very good hotel overall. They have done a great job of renovating, the decor is great. Our room was on the 4th floor and was spacious & comfortable, nice bathroom with rainforest shower.

Breakfast was wonderful, a fantastic selection of cold meats and cheeses, with a full compliment of cooked dishes to order. I would suggest you get this included in the rate when you book, all the elements are priced individually and would be pricey if ordered separately.

The location is great, it is a 2 minute walk from Earls Court, and 15 minute walk from Kensington high street or the Natural History Museum.

The room cleaning was exceptional. I couldn't fault it.

Now for the reason its 4 not 5 out of 5. 95% of the staff were wonderful. The majority of the front of house staff are great, one always commented on our outfits and wished us well heading out etc. The restaurant staff are also brilliant, very friendly & smiley.

The one negative was our check-in. We were not given a particularly warm welcome, the lady simply asked for a credit card and when done handed us our room keys (without telling us the room number) and that was all. There was no 'have you stayed here before', or 'your room is XYZ, its through the doors on the right etc' or even 'I can see you have booked breakfast, its served through there 7-10'. We had to find our way and ask later about the other things, when we did find the room, it was already occupied!!

Fortunately the person was not in the room, but what system allows these rooms to be allocated again?! We eventually got the right room, but it was not a good start. We put this behind us and had a lovely stay.
On our last day we were entitled to late check out as I am a IHG Gold member, the person who sorted this happened to be the same who checked us in on the first day. When we returned from a morning out we got to the room and found that the rooms keys did not work as the process hadn't been done properly.

All in all, a very nice hotel. We had some minor niggles but unfortunately these are the sort of things that sometimes stick, some staff training or better monitoring would probably solve this straight away as all the other staff were wonderful.

We would stay again but the one area for feedback we would really give is to make sure that the entire of the reception front of staff are briefed and working to the same high standard so things like that don't happen and it will then be perfect!

Room Tip: You may need to leave windows open as the place was absolutely roasting ALL the time.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VLFinn
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Hotel Indigo is ideally located a 2 minute walk from Earl's Court station, on the Piccadilly line, meaning you can take the Tube to/from Heathrow. I had the basement junior suite, which was a great size (particularly for London) and nicely decorated. I appreciated the selection of products in the bathroom and the free minibar. I experienced no issues with the tv in my room, and although the room was a little warm when I arrived, I just followed the clear instructions provided and turned the air-con on to cool it down. Service at Reception and with Room Service was friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: The basement room has no real outlook, if you want a view you may wish to ask for a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo