“Nice hotel and great value”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #86 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 March 2014

A friend had recommended the Hotel Indigo as a nice hotel and less expensive than many - she was spot on. It appeared as though the hotel was new or newly renovated. My room was large for London standards and the bath towels were large and fluffy! It was also colorfully decorated and the shower was large with plenty of counter space. As others have said, it is less than a 5 minute walk from the tube station and there are pubs, as well as a M&S food shop off the corner. It was nice to have a few complimentary drinks and munchies in the mini bar. I did not try the restaurant so can't comment on the food. I would have ranked this a 5 but I like a softer mattress but that might be me. For the price, comfort, service and location, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the gardens
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Debbie H

Reviewed 16 March 2014

The Hotel Indigo is exceptional. The staff are wonderfully friendly and helpful, the rooms are comfortable, and the breakfasts are the best I’ve ever had in London. And as an added bonus, it’s just two minutes (if that) from Earl’s Court tube station.

Our visit began badly. We were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary, and had booked a suite large room for ourselves and our two young children. The booking agent had messed up, and we had been given two different rooms. Not adjoining. With young children, that wasn’t going to work. However, the staff took it in their stride. “Why don’t you have a complementary breakfast while we work something out.” Did I mention their breakfasts are the best in London?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The hotel is in a quiet location but just around the corner from Earl's Court tube station - so perfect. The reception staff were extremely welcoming, friendly and professional and our room (on the 3rd floor) was, although smallish, clean, comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was good with a great shower. We did have a job cooling the temperature a little, but nothing we couldn't cope with.

Our experience of the Mansion Bar and Restaurant which we first encountered for breakfast on the first morning wasn't so good. The breakfast meals, when they came, were fine, although I was disappointed with the selection of the continental breakfast. The service wasn't speedy and it wasn't clear whether we should be seated as although several staff saw us waiting, none of them acknowledged us. There was some communication issues with the waiting staff and the wrong breakfast was brought. The correct one didn't arrive for another 20 minutes, by which time one of us had finished our breakfast.

But the breakfasts were OK. Our attempt at having an early evening meal was not so OK. I ordered duck leg which was more than crispy - it was rock hard and dry as a bone, completely inedible. It's a mystery to me why they thought anyone would eat it. It seemed as if it may have been left over from lunch, completely dried out and then served in the evening. We had little time so I couldn't send it back, just left it. When I mentioned it at the end, the staff were very understanding and apologetic. We weren't charged for the duck and were offered a complimentary drink.

It's a shame, because we thought the hotel was lovely and we would, and probably will, stay there again - but we won't use the restaurant.

The rating is for the hotel, not the restaurant. I would only give the restaurant 1 or 2, I'm afraid.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed with my Daughter for one night to visit the Ideal Home Exhibition and spend the weekend together for her birthday.
This delightful hotel was everything we wanted and more!
Tucked away in a side street just minutes from the tube at Earls Court, peaceful and quaint.
The rooms are not large but this is a city and like most city rooms anywhere in the world they are compact. But it made up for that in the lavish room we had! Everything was complimented well, the bed was huge and very comfy, the bathroom had a huge walk in shower with large fluffy towels and incidentals. There was a free mini bar and fluffy dressing gowns. A large tv and tea and coffee making facilities. I certainly couldn't fault anything at all.
On arrival we were greeted by the Ladies and our bags were taken to our room, as it was my Daughters birthday they left a huge plate with several different types of delicious cakes and a birthday card for her. A really lovely touch!
Breakfast the following morning was plentiful and equally as delicious!
Thee are plenty of restaurants, pubs and cafés to eat nearby too, and a great place to stay if you're needing to get into London.
I will certainly return here without any hesitation.
A grand place to stay and thank you to all the staff for making it so special.

Room Tip: Good connections into London from Earls Court, a great hotel with everything to offer. In a quiet si...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank holidayqueen50
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The hotel is well placed not too far from Earls court tube station. There are a lot of pubs and restaurants near. The rooms are well kept and furnished, and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. The one area that have to learn to get right is breakfast ! When it arrived (eventually) it is very nice - but you will wait a long time, and you will be offered a selection of the other customers plates as well. In the area we were sat, around 6 tables were all offered and turned away the first offering because they were not theirs. And a second cup of coffee - forget that, never arrived - each day ! Indigo management sort your breakfast process and you will have a great hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I had one night here while on a business trip to central London and was very presently surprised with the choice. Located just off the main road (so it's quiet ) close to Earl's Court tube station this is not the normal chain hotel. I was greeted by very friendly and smiling staff who did their best to make my stay as good as possible (one had a small green frog on his jacket which just seemed to break the ice). The rooms are large for the centre of a big city with rom to move around the large bed, chair and foot stool. Lots of storage space and connections for recharging/logging on. Interesting decor in the rooms carries the theme along. There is a free mini bar in the room (soft drinks, good quality tea and snacks). The spacious bathroom was well stocked with soap etc. and very high quality towels. Mine had a large walk in shower. Breakfast was wonderful with a large selection of hot and cold food and drink. Staff were again friendly and helpful with no rushing you out. I was surprised with the price as I payed much more for a 'cheap chain hotel' and mass breakfast a little more towards the centre of town. Travel time was no more than a few minutes more. I will be back next time I need a hotel in town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This hotel must be only months old, for everything still shone. All amenities are available (safe, iron, fridge). Bed quite comfortable. Very modern. A little tight, but very clean.

Service was friendly. Room service food was decent and quick to arrive.

The location is conveniently located near the Earl's Court tube station (2 minutes by foot). Kensington isn't in the center of the action in London, but for this reason, it's also pleasant. The neighborhood itself is beautiful and has plenty of stores, pubs, etc...

Wi-Fi is free, as it should be.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple