“Fantastic quirky hotel with attentive staff”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #87 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Me and my partner stayed here on a trip to London for my partners birthday. The rooms are modern, quirky, clean and spacious. We were very kindly upgraded to a suite as we had used my fathers IHG points, this meant that we were able to use the mini bar free of charge and enjoy a glass of wine at the bar. On leaving one day we had mentioned in passing conversation to "lady Erika" that we were here for my partners birthday. On arriving back to the room he was greeted with a personalised birthday card and a fabulous chocolate cake- we found this " personal touch" very special. We did not have breakfast as we were up and out of the hotel early each day but it did look very appetizing. The location was fantastic, less than a five minute walk to earls court tube station. I would thoughly recommend this hotel to anybody- infact my grandparents stayed the week before and had a whale of a time. If your looking for a place thats abit different and the staff are really helpful then look no further!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah B
There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo London Kensington

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I booked three nights at Hotel Indigo, Earls Court for an anniversary trip to London with my girlfriend. As a platinum member of the IHG chain, I emailed ahead to request an upgrade an light of the special occasion, and they obliged with a suite. Not only that, but they also included a free chocolate cake and a personal card to congratulate our special occasion.

The room was not quite ready on my arrival, but the staff were incredibly friendly and offered me a free drink whilst I waited. The room was furnished with a free mini-bar, and in the evenings we were treated to free hot chocolate and some Peter Rabbit books. :)

The décor of the hotel is superb, with a quirky take on the local neighbourhood. There are many photos from shows at the neighbouring Earls Court Arena. A few more in favour of 70s-era Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Genesis would not have gone astray!

Overall, the entire experience was absolutely faultless and I would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank l_robert32
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Nice rooms - Calm location even it's quite central and close to biga avenue. No car park ! Restaurant choice is average and service could largly be improved.. Nevertheless the hotel is modern, well decorated and clean... If you want to enjoy the charm of London, this is a good place. Generally speaking the staff is likeable and helpful

1  Thank evasion777
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing a review of your recent stay and I am happy that enjoyed your stay.

We do not have a car park as we are only a 100 bed hotel. Our location is a 2 minute walk from Earl's Court station so easily accessible from the tube. If you do want to drive there are a few options. We would recommend the secure car park on Brompton Road about a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel. Most of the parking around the hotel is residential although there are a few spaces that are payable during the hours 8.30am - 6.30pm Monday - Saturday. Outside of these hours it is free to park in these designated spaces. For more information on travelling to the hotel please email myself brooke@hotelindigokensington.co.uk or the front desk frontoffice@hotelindigokensington.co.uk.

We will be launching our new Brassiere menu this spring so we hope you return to try it out.

Kind Regards,

Brooke

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Check in was friendly and efficient. Was upgraded to a junior suite which was lovely and spacious. Hotel decor was lovely and bedrooms really different to any other hotel I've stayed in. Let down was one hour wait we had for breakfast as they had mislaid our order!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The hotel rooms were excellent as was the food (breakfast /lunch). The bars manager was very inventive when it came to cocktails! But what made the hotel was the quality of the staff, they were superb - very attentive, helpful & nothing was too much trouble.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

First of all location is great just over the road from Earls Court Tube on a green and leafy street. You have a multitude of restaurants, shops and bars in walking distance. I recommend the pub next door called the Blackbird and just around the corner the Masala Zone who do spectacular curries.

Check in can only be described as charming by one of the receptionists called Carly. She had a look at my room and immediately started to find me something with "a bit more room sweetie" so I was in a room on the ground floor facing the street which was lovely. Huge big high bed which made you feel like the princess in the story with the pea, couple of seats facing the street and Carly was right in the morning the light was amazing flooding the room.

Stand outs for me in the room were:

Shower - huge double powerful shower
Towels - nothing stiff and small these were the biggest fluffiest ones I have had for some time
Free minibar - with Fentiman's drinks and snacks
Glasses - lovely cut glass crystal
Seats - comfortable, stylish and footstools to rest your feet on

I had drinks in the bar on both nights and get this - Mon, Tues, Wed they do glasses of champagne for only £3.00 between 5 and 7 or 2 cocktails for the price of 1. The glasses of champagne are huge and the bar is clearly popular with locals as well as residents it has a real buzz about it.

The staff in the main are lovely - there is something rather wonderful about returning to the hotel after a busy day to have Carly say welcome back Sweet Pea it makes you feel like you are staying with friends not in a hotel.

Noise was not an issue for me at all even though I was at street level.

Breakfast was a mixed affair. The service was very attentive but I had a smoked fishcake with a hollandaise sauce and poached egg which was pretty grim. The fishcake was overdone and the sauce had way too much vinegar in it and was awful. I didn't eat anything other than the egg and nobody asked why.

My meeting the last day was cancelled so I asked for a late check out if one was available which cost £10 per hour which I thought was reasonable but the receptionist in the morning was not a patch on the evening staff and was pretty grumpy.

I would love to stay here again and with the tube connections getting to work in the city is a breeze. I thoroughly recommend the reasons I give it 4 instead of 5 is the breakfast which was really really shoddy. The receptionist in the morning (maybe she was just having a couple of bad days) was not very welcoming. Also in the room I had you could occasionally smell cigarette smoke as some of the staff would smoke outside in the doorway close to my room - other than that go and enjoy - I certainly did.

Room Tip: Try the James Bond room (007) which faces the street and has a really lovely aspect but you can smel...
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We were looking for a hotel close to a Tube stop while staying in London, and could not have chosen a better hotel or location. Close to two lines, District and Picadilly, giving you access to literally every location in London. And the room was delightful, looking out on a quiet street across from a garden and furnished in an upscale almost Art Deco style. The décor reflects the location with murals on the walls tied to the Kensington neighborhood along with a nice write up of the surrounding area. We were very pleased with all of the amenities in the room - the shower is fantastic, ditto the towels - and the free "snacks" in the refrigerator were a welcome treat when we returned to the room. The bed was the ultimate in comfort with very luxurious linens. The hotel was very clean and very quiet day and night. We felt like we were staying in London, not at a chain hotel. We would definitely stay there again and next time opt for a larger room. If you can afford to upgrade your room, definitely do so.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple