“Hospitality is not forgotten!”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #83 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Rotterdam
“Hospitality is not forgotten!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

From the moment I checked in till the minute I left I was made to feel welcome. They actually cared that I was happy. I travel a lot and have stayed in many hotels around the world And so I can safely say that I have never been better taken care.
Breakfast was to die for. Location was very convenient very near Earl's Court Underground. Room was spotless. I do not have a single bad thing to say. I will be back next time I am in London.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank hansenmf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
high peak, england
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at hotel indigo Kensington with my husband we were in London for the marathon & booked the hotel on the marathon package fab early breakfast included with option to takeaway also transport to start line was included this was prompt and took away all the stress of actually getting to the start line!!
Check in was quick and efficient and 'lady Monica' was helpful and even allowed an early check in to our room....a massive that you for that.
Our room was on the first floor overlooking the street & gardens. It was bright and had all that you would need, the complimentary mini bar was a big surprise! The bathroom was great although no bath the rain shower was fabulous.
We did experience some noise in the room from the street below although this is to be expected in a city location, and really wasn't too bad.
We had drinks in the hotel bar and found the bar staff to be polite & helpful and bar prices weren't too pricey £28 for a bottle of house champagne.
The location of the hotel is very good less than 2 mins walk to earls court tube station & lots of restaurants, bars & shops on the high street which would be useful if you were on a room only package.
Overall we had a great stay and will surely return.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank candyclare
UK
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Tower Hill is still my favourite Indigo but I do like the layout and colours at the Earls Court. It is still convenient to get into the centre of London.The tube station is just around the corner from the Hotel. There can be some noise outside. The windows are lovely but not sound proof. It really wasn't much of a bother.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Forli, Italy
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

A fantastic hotel, in every aspect, fantastic service and good position, only 2 minutes from earls court station by feet...a great continental breackfast and very nice and kind personnel..I recommend this hotel to everyone..

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just got back from the Hotel Indigo Kensington. What a stunning hotel. The decor is superb. I've stayed at a number of different Indigo's in the country now and this is far and away my favourite of the IHG brands.

The finish in this hotel is fantastic. Quirky wallpapers, super comfy beds, great service and an amzingly stocked bar.

We had an exec room upgrade which was beautiful. The mini bar wasn't particularly well stocked but it was sufficient. The shower was one of the best I've ever had.

My girlfriend called the bedroom a "princess room". They are stunning.

Room Tip: Upgrade as far as you can afford.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed here for around four days while on a business trip. It is in a peaceful, beautiful and convenient location near Earls Court station. Upon arriving at the hotel, the entrance to which is up a short flight of steps, I found myself opening an unusually heavy door by myself with one hand while dragging my suitcase up the steps in the other. Two hotel staff were CHATTING, as you do, as I struggled to get into the building. I made it quite obvious that I was in need of a little help but alas the two gentleman's conversation must have been terribly important as when I finally made it to the check in counter, I had to wait for them to finish. Not a good start.

The room itself was nice and spacious, however. For some reason the bed was unnecessarily high above the ground. Fridge was stocked with free food, which is always appreciated. It was well heated and clean. Other than the staff, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank tjtr80
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear tjtr80,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are glad you liked the convenient location of our hotel in the area. We would like to apologize for the experience you had during check-in and the service you received did not live up to your expectations. We also apologize you were not well satisfied with the room accommodations you had. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
South Yorkshire
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my London marathon weekend and to say the least we thought the hotel was fabulous! High quality at a reasonable price. The rooms were beautifully furnished. Breakfast was delicious and the staff couldn't do enough to help. As the hotel is part of the Holiday Inn chain, the package included transfer to the starting point for the marathon, which took away all the stress and hassle on the Sunday morning. I can't find fault on any aspect of the hotel, I would definitely stay again (this is the best hotel I have stayed at in London) and I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a hotel in London.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family