“Looking for a boutique hotel with the 'WOW' factor? This is it!!”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #87 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed for one night at the Hotel Indigo Earl's Court / Kensington last week. From the moment you step into reception you know that you are in for a real treat.

Reception staff couldn't have been any more friendly or helpful. I got given a massive room, which was just so stylish but welcoming and homely at the same time. Bed was comfy, bathroom had a fantastic large shower and had lots of big fluffy towels and robes, there was a sitting area with comfy chairs ... and lots of floor space too so as you didn't feel cramped like so many London hotels.

The real shame was that I was there for just a short space of time, however I cannot wait to go back with my other half for a long weekend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TobesUK
Write a ReviewReviews (1,976)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have to add my kudos to all of the others for this lovely hotel. The staff were very friendly and polite. My room was extremely comfortable and the shower was fantastic. Towels very fluffy and I loved the robe and slippers. In all honesty I have to report there were some problems while I was there, the AC went out (and it was hot and muggy during my stay), I had to open the windows to sleep & I didn't sleep well from the street noise. There was also a problem with the kitchen (which was reported via a flyer, though I never ate there). And I found the wifi to be very slow and spotty, at least twice I had to request them rebooting it. I had trouble with all 3 of my devices so I doubt the trouble was with my stuff, but with them. Aside from that, the location is wonderful and I loved the quirky decor. Others have mentioned "turndown service" but I only received that once during my 5-night stay, I have no idea why. The bed was very very comfortable and I had plenty of room for my clothes and things. Loved the minibar too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Squidhead
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just spent 5 days at Hotel Indigo Kensington in a great room - nice size with 2 comfy chairs - desk - free wifi - mini bar and bowl of fruit - very thoughtful. Lovely soft fluffy towels and fresh linen. Friendly welcome. Its stylish - a little quirky - but lovely.
Also great food in restaurant.
Super convenient as only a short walk to Earls Court tube station - some nice places to eat close by.
It was perfect.

Room Tip: I called in advance to ask for a room at the front overlooking the gardens which was great - however...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CapeScottish
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our first time at this hotel and we were pleasantly surprised. Very nicely decorated with a young, hip vibe. The rooms are large by London standards. The staff is more than welcoming and helpful. Very well located just steps from the tube station in the popular Earl's Court area. We will definitely return next time we are in London.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We chose this hotel because of other trip advisor reviews -everything said before me is true
Fantastic location -very friendly and professional staff
Rooms delightful and bathroom has a large walk in shower BIG fluffy towels lots of instant hot water and nice toiletries -bed very good and good quality linen
DEVINE breakfast - we bought the breakfast vouchers and had access to buffet and cooked breakfast -possibly best breakfast I have had anywhere
Smoked salmon - cured salmon- freshest and best quality fruit and amazing pancakes
Lovely neighbourhood with lots of restaurants in area
Been to London several times on holidays from Australia - this the best but not the most expensive

Room Tip: We had a room at front next to lift and it was still very quiet -I think all rooms here would be gre...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nonna54
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is one of the best hotels I've stayed at so far. We stayed at this hotel shortly after staying a few nights at the dreadful Royal Cambridge Hotel. The difference in price (including breakfast) is only about £10/night, but there is a world's difference in quality! I have stayed at a few better hotels when I have been on business trips, but I did not pay or book those hotels myself. The only thing we (well, my girlfriend, I didn't particularly mind) didn't like was the fact that the room lacked a bath tub.

When we arrived at the hotel, it was more busy than usual and our room was not ready by the check-in time. The staff were extremely helpful and as a compensation for this little "hiccup", we were upgraded to a junior suit with a complementary mini-bar.

The location of the hotel is great. Especially for the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum which are both within walking distance (or two tube stops).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Lovely boutique style hotel just minutes from Earls Court Tube! The rooms are comfortable and stylish, with robes, slippers free non alcoholic mini bar and a good selection of teas.
Beautiful bathroom, free wifi, ipod doc. More spacious than many central London hotels. At around £180 per night inc breakfast for a double room this is reasonable value in London.
Earls Court is a good location for quick access to shopping, city and museums.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business