Hotel Indigo London Kensington
US$217
US$188
galahotels.com
2,033 results
All reviewsearl's court tube stationbarkston gardensaveda toiletriesfree mini barpiccadilly linerainfall showerquiet side streetminute walklovely hotelbasement roompubs and restaurantscomfortable bedjunior suiteloved this hotelwalk in showerheathrow airportgreat shower
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Well, where do I begin? We went for Sunday lunch on a voucher offer - we'd been sent an email to say that the date on the voucher was now invalid and we needed to use it months earlier instead, which was not really convenient. Anyway, we'd been before and it was fabulous last time. This time was very different. We waited ages to be acknowledged on arrival, then were sat right next to the band (good but too loud right next to them) and they would not move us, despite other tables being empty. We had to ask for every order to be taken as waiters never came to the table. Drinks were requested 3 times, took 20 minutes to arrive (including a simple water) and then one drink was incorrect because no-one knew what a white wine spritzer was (even though we explained - we still didn't get it). First course took 35 mins from arrival. Food was ok. Main course took an hour! This was awful. My partner couldn't eat any beef as it was dry and hard and chewy. My chicken was a tiny leg and the skin was too soft, otherwise, ok. Red cabbage was raw. Only ONE roast potato cut in half. Mash - cold (didn't want mash with roast either). Gravy completely flooded the plate, although it tasted ok. My partner complained and did not eat a main at all. I picked at a few bits of mine.We then heard that they had run out of chicken and desserts for the fixed menu. Instead and after we'd complained, we were offered a pancake for dessert with fruits and toffee sauce, which we accepted as we were so hungry by then. Pancake was much better at least. We were also offered more drinks and a coffee free as compensation. We only had another coffee and were not asked to pay for our drinks which we'd have refused to pay anyway. There was no manager on hand, only a supervisor, who was a bit overwhelmed and very apologetic but could not actually do a lot about our bad experience. We saw other couples walking out and/or complaining for a refund as they also had experienced bad food and/or service or both. One whole group of 4 walked out as they gave up waiting for the main course. They said it was like "Faulty Towers"! We should really have insisted on a refund or have been offered it but as it's a voucher it's too complicated. We returned here because both food and service were so good the first time. This time the waiters/resses didn't speak much English and were not attentive. Also not enough staff. It was indeed "Faulty Towers". What on earth happened Indigo? This was a shambles from start to finish, from what is supposed to be a 4 or 5 star hotel?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Annette G
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing a review online and I apologise for your experience at Sunday Lunch. Thank you for letting us know and we have fully investigated the situation. Our team was understaffed on this day causing our usual level of quality and service to suffer. Please be assured that your comments will be taken very seriously and we will use them to ensure that this experience does not happen again. We will soon be making changes to our restaurant and offering to improve the experience for our guests.

Kind Regards,

Brooke

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed for one night at the Hotel Indigo Earl's Court / Kensington last week. From the moment you step into reception you know that you are in for a real treat.

Reception staff couldn't have been any more friendly or helpful. I got given a massive room, which was just so stylish but welcoming and homely at the same time. Bed was comfy, bathroom had a fantastic large shower and had lots of big fluffy towels and robes, there was a sitting area with comfy chairs ... and lots of floor space too so as you didn't feel cramped like so many London hotels.

The real shame was that I was there for just a short space of time, however I cannot wait to go back with my other half for a long weekend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TobesUK
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have to add my kudos to all of the others for this lovely hotel. The staff were very friendly and polite. My room was extremely comfortable and the shower was fantastic. Towels very fluffy and I loved the robe and slippers. In all honesty I have to report there were some problems while I was there, the AC went out (and it was hot and muggy during my stay), I had to open the windows to sleep & I didn't sleep well from the street noise. There was also a problem with the kitchen (which was reported via a flyer, though I never ate there). And I found the wifi to be very slow and spotty, at least twice I had to request them rebooting it. I had trouble with all 3 of my devices so I doubt the trouble was with my stuff, but with them. Aside from that, the location is wonderful and I loved the quirky decor. Others have mentioned "turndown service" but I only received that once during my 5-night stay, I have no idea why. The bed was very very comfortable and I had plenty of room for my clothes and things. Loved the minibar too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Squidhead
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just spent 5 days at Hotel Indigo Kensington in a great room - nice size with 2 comfy chairs - desk - free wifi - mini bar and bowl of fruit - very thoughtful. Lovely soft fluffy towels and fresh linen. Friendly welcome. Its stylish - a little quirky - but lovely.
Also great food in restaurant.
Super convenient as only a short walk to Earls Court tube station - some nice places to eat close by.
It was perfect.

Room Tip: I called in advance to ask for a room at the front overlooking the gardens which was great - however with the window open you could here the traffic on Earls Court Rd - that didn't bother me but if you prefer quieter then rooms at back might suit you better.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CapeScottish
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our first time at this hotel and we were pleasantly surprised. Very nicely decorated with a young, hip vibe. The rooms are large by London standards. The staff is more than welcoming and helpful. Very well located just steps from the tube station in the popular Earl's Court area. We will definitely return next time we are in London.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple