“Nice hotel with good service near to the tube”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #86 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here for one night in order to attend a gig at Ronnie Scotts and avoid a rush for the last train home. Glad I did. The Indigo is a short walk from Earls Court tube, so very convenient. The hotel has a very modern feel. Welcome was genuine and efficient on arrival. My room was well appointed, with a very comfortable bed and large shower. I went for a leisurely breakfast in the morning and can recommend the "as much as you like" option for £20 I think it was. Everything was of good quality and plenty of choice, plus a newspaper. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank deltagolf
Write a ReviewReviews (1,916)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here between flights at Heathrow. This is the best hotel I have stayed at in London. The staff were very friendly and upgraded me "for arriving with a smile"! They also let me check-in early after my transatlantic flight. The room was large, very quiet and had very modern decor.

I'd strongly recommend this hotel to anyone - I had an excellent stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was my first ever trip to London, and in my search for a hotel I accidentally clicked on Hotel Indigo. It must have been fate. I could not have been happier with my stay!

The location is perfect. The hotel itself is on a quite street, but just steps away from Earl's Court which includes a variety of pubs, shops, and services, and also the Earl's Court Underground station. I love to walk, and and the hotel was in easy walking distance to many major tourist attractions.

The staff was outstanding. I would especially like to mention Lady Antonella, she was so sweet and friendly every time I saw her. Additionally, my room was cleaned to perfection each day, so thank you to housekeeping.

The hotel itself was beautiful. The room doors being decorated like front doors to a house were a cute touch, and my room itself was decorated very nicely. It was spacious with a huge wardrobe to store my clothes. It also had a minibar with non alcoholic drinks that were complimentary, a fridge, coffee and tea. Towels were plush, robes and slippers were a great added touch. One thing that confused me at first and then I marveled at - there is a slot near the door for your key. This is how the power is turned on to the room, when you leave you just remove your key and all of the lights go off. Great energy saving idea!

I would stay at Hotel Indigo again without question. The price and location were perfect.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor, down a bunch of hallways. A little walking to get there, but no wor...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank acire75
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing us for your first trip to London and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

The location really is great and is even better at the moment with the amazing sunshine. I will pass your comments onto Antonella and the housekeeping team who will be thrilled.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we hope to welcome you back!

Kind Regards,
Brooke@hotelindigokensington.co.uk

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Well we're sitting here having a cheeky cocktail in the cocktail lounge and I can honestly say this is the best hotel I've stayed in in London..... The room is really nice, boutique style and spotlessly clean. The breakfast is outstanding with everything you could possible want however the thing that sets this hotel apart from any other in London is the service. This is the friendliest hotel ever with nothing too much bother. Stay here you won't regret it. Loved out stay here.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that the service at the hotel stood out to you and that you got to try our amazing cocktails!

Thank you for recommending us and we hope to welcome you back again.

brooke@hotelindigokensington.co.uk

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Well, where do I begin? We went for Sunday lunch on a voucher offer - we'd been sent an email to say that the date on the voucher was now invalid and we needed to use it months earlier instead, which was not really convenient. Anyway, we'd been before and it was fabulous last time. This time was very different. We waited ages to be acknowledged on arrival, then were sat right next to the band (good but too loud right next to them) and they would not move us, despite other tables being empty. We had to ask for every order to be taken as waiters never came to the table. Drinks were requested 3 times, took 20 minutes to arrive (including a simple water) and then one drink was incorrect because no-one knew what a white wine spritzer was (even though we explained - we still didn't get it). First course took 35 mins from arrival. Food was ok. Main course took an hour! This was awful. My partner couldn't eat any beef as it was dry and hard and chewy. My chicken was a tiny leg and the skin was too soft, otherwise, ok. Red cabbage was raw. Only ONE roast potato cut in half. Mash - cold (didn't want mash with roast either). Gravy completely flooded the plate, although it tasted ok. My partner complained and did not eat a main at all. I picked at a few bits of mine.We then heard that they had run out of chicken and desserts for the fixed menu. Instead and after we'd complained, we were offered a pancake for dessert with fruits and toffee sauce, which we accepted as we were so hungry by then. Pancake was much better at least. We were also offered more drinks and a coffee free as compensation. We only had another coffee and were not asked to pay for our drinks which we'd have refused to pay anyway. There was no manager on hand, only a supervisor, who was a bit overwhelmed and very apologetic but could not actually do a lot about our bad experience. We saw other couples walking out and/or complaining for a refund as they also had experienced bad food and/or service or both. One whole group of 4 walked out as they gave up waiting for the main course. They said it was like "Faulty Towers"! We should really have insisted on a refund or have been offered it but as it's a voucher it's too complicated. We returned here because both food and service were so good the first time. This time the waiters/resses didn't speak much English and were not attentive. Also not enough staff. It was indeed "Faulty Towers". What on earth happened Indigo? This was a shambles from start to finish, from what is supposed to be a 4 or 5 star hotel?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Annette G
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing a review online and I apologise for your experience at Sunday Lunch. Thank you for letting us know and we have fully investigated the situation. Our team was understaffed on this day causing our usual level of quality and service to suffer. Please be assured that your comments will be taken very seriously and we will use them to ensure that this experience does not happen again. We will soon be making changes to our restaurant and offering to improve the experience for our guests.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed for one night at the Hotel Indigo Earl's Court / Kensington last week. From the moment you step into reception you know that you are in for a real treat.

Reception staff couldn't have been any more friendly or helpful. I got given a massive room, which was just so stylish but welcoming and homely at the same time. Bed was comfy, bathroom had a fantastic large shower and had lots of big fluffy towels and robes, there was a sitting area with comfy chairs ... and lots of floor space too so as you didn't feel cramped like so many London hotels.

The real shame was that I was there for just a short space of time, however I cannot wait to go back with my other half for a long weekend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TobesUK
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have to add my kudos to all of the others for this lovely hotel. The staff were very friendly and polite. My room was extremely comfortable and the shower was fantastic. Towels very fluffy and I loved the robe and slippers. In all honesty I have to report there were some problems while I was there, the AC went out (and it was hot and muggy during my stay), I had to open the windows to sleep & I didn't sleep well from the street noise. There was also a problem with the kitchen (which was reported via a flyer, though I never ate there). And I found the wifi to be very slow and spotty, at least twice I had to request them rebooting it. I had trouble with all 3 of my devices so I doubt the trouble was with my stuff, but with them. Aside from that, the location is wonderful and I loved the quirky decor. Others have mentioned "turndown service" but I only received that once during my 5-night stay, I have no idea why. The bed was very very comfortable and I had plenty of room for my clothes and things. Loved the minibar too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo