“Great Experience”

Ranked #85 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Winchester, Virginia
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel was in a great location; beautiful neighborhood and very near the Tube. Staff was absolutely first rate, helping us with things to do, great places to eat, how to get around and booked tours and made reservations.

1 Thank HSSmith
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that the staff stood out to you during your stay and thank you for sharing your comments. We hope that you visit us again soon.

Kind Regards,

Brooke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Nice modern hotel, i have been here several time for business reasons. Rooms are modern and usually there is a predominant colour depending on the floor on which it is located. I have been in pink, purple, orange and green rooms. All good size. Modern bathroom.
Breakfast is good with a lot of choice, staff is polite and friendly.
Compared to London standard i will definitely reccomand it!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you have stayed with us a couple of times, thank you for choosing us again. I have shared your comments with our entire team.

We hope to welcome you back soon and thank you for recommending the hotel.

Woodbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stay in hotels for business purposes 10 nights a month. And I'm picky. And I'm gluten free and a free range devotee. This boutique hotel (not too huge, not tiny B&B sized either), met all my requirements. Great welcome and superb location for anything Central London. Spacious room, luxury bedding, high quality toiletries, decent quality hair dryer. Free mini bar and Tea Pigs tea bags; a huge selection (never encountered that before, even in the top 5 star London hotels). Beautiful wooden floors, so thanks for the slippers (v necessary but often forgotten). Overhead huge rainfall shower (often rubbish for women who don't want to wash their hair), so thanks for the shower cap! Luxury robes. Best brek ever; four berries and numerous fresh yoghurts to choose from, honeycomb chunks, beautiful cakes, pork pie, smoked meats and fish, scotch egg. Free range eggs (hurrah - so few hotels bother with this and I just can't enjoy an egg if the hen was a miserable caged one), gluten free bread readily available. Huge choice of cereals and every cooked breakfast on the quirky quintessentially English menu that you could ever want. Service absolutely fantastic, didn't meet anyone less than first class throughout. English wines aplenty on the wine list (again, unusual but why not? and they were pretty good!), v reasonably priced menu choices. Chef even created me a beautiful salad as I wanted to go off piste. Well done Indigo, every hotel should aspire to this.

Room Tip: Basement rooms may sound off putting, but they're bigger.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Helen8B
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a review and telling us about your stay. Your feedback has been shared with the entire team I am so pleased that the service, room and breakfast met your expectations and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Potters Bar, Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I cant comment on the rooms in this hotel as we only went for afternoon tea. Had afternoon tea in lots of places, but none as good as this. The tea was displayed beautifully, and VERY tasty. The staff were very attentive, but not "in your face". We will certainly return when the refurb is done

2 Thank Champagne27_12
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel was in an ideal spot just across the road from Earls court underground station and down a lovely side street. The staff were very welcoming and the room didn't disappoint. We upgraded to a Junior suite which was well worth the £50 per night price tag. You had a separate dressing area and a lovely large bed. The mini bar was complimentary which is a nice touch. The bathroom had both a stand alone rain shower and a bath, and you also get Aveda toiletries which again was a nice touch. We stayed for two nights and on both nights they came into our room and turned back the covers and on the second night they left hot chocolate in flasks. Again another nice touch. Breakfast wasn't disappointing either. You can have everything from cereal to a cooked breakfast as well as fruit and cold meats. Just to complete the experience you get free WIFI. Great location, lovely staff and we will definitely be booking again.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the 3 Junior suites if you can, well worth the little bit extra!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have stayed numerous times at The Indigo Earl's Court; I am a repeat customer for a reason!

Free wifi, a complimentary minibar and quality washroom supplies are all complimented by a great vibe in the restaurant/bar area and a great location close to Earl's Court tube station.

It isn't just the boutique style and quality of the rooms that have impressed the most, it is the fabulous service!

Often arriving to the hotel late afternoon or evening I have always been greeted by very friendly check in staff that recognise me. This really adds value and I enjoy the exchanges as they twin a personal and professional approach seamlessly! They are always courteous and willing to try and assist with small requests where possible, maintaining a friendly manner at all times!

A particular mention for barman Magik (sp?) and night manager Khilan (sp?). Both deserve recognition for not just meeting the same high standards as the other staff (who are all brilliant too) but for really going above and beyond their roles to ensure my satisfaction. They both took extra steps to ensure my stay felt like I was at home and deserve credit for their hard work.

If I was to suggest improvements I would have to point towards the heat of the rooms - the AC only lets you turn take the temperature down to 18C and is very loud when the cooling mode is in place.

I stay a different hotels a lot through work and can honestly say this is one of the best places i have stayed. Would heartily recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I booked this hotel for us and my parents to celebrate their 40th anniversary. Before our stay I called the hotel and asked Ms Antonella if she could arrange something special in the room for my parents and so she did without additional charge. She had upgraded my parents room (it had a bathtube next to the shower), on the bed their towels were folded as swans and their was a plate with cake and fruits and a handwritten card to congratulate my parents.

Our room was a bit smaller than we had expected, but still comfortable and clean!

LIKES:
* Staff was very friendly and helpfull.
* Room was modern, clean with AC and it had a wooden floor instead of carpet.
* Extra towels, loved the bathrobe.
* Housekeeping changed our sheets and towels on the second day of our stay, eventhough it wasn't necessary for us (but very much appreciated!)
* Great breakfast, with the opportunity to choose between à la carte or eat all you can for £ 20.
* Complimentary donuts and juices on Sundays
* The hotel is only two minutes walk away from Earls Court Tube and bus. There are three metro lines stopping at Earls Court, so it is very central.
* On Earls Court Road (on the corner of the hotel) there are many pubs, and (fast food) restaurants, supermarket and drugstore. (Tip: We had breakfast at Greggs instead of Pret à Manger, much less busy and also good and affordable)

(SEMI) DISLIKES
* The hotel was very hot and warm, especially in the evening, when the fire doors were closed.
* The drain in our bathroom didn't run. Someone from maintenance took a look on Saturdays and told us a plummer would come on Sundays to fix it. Unfortunately on Sundays, the drain still wasn't fixed. When we told this to the reception upon checkout on Mondays. She apologized and didn't charge us the 10% service fee for our breakfast.
* It took a long time before the elevator was on the third floor, when we wanted to go down.

In short: we had a wonderfull and unforgetable stay and we will definitely consider this hotel again the next time we visit London. Thank you Indigo Hotel!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple