“Quiet, comfy and convenient”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #88 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Had 4 nights here. Beds very comfortable. Staff trying hard to make stay enjoyable despite serious building works going on on the ground floor. Didn't hear boo up in my room. Would definitely stay there again. Great value for money. Close to the action without all the noise.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Chesterfang
There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo London Kensington

Reviewed 1 August 2014

the holiday inn chain can be a bit hit and miss but indigos tend to be good. the hotel itself is well situated near earls court underground station and there are plenty of shops near by. the staff were very welcoming and helpful for our 2 night stay. got upgraded to deluxe room and got the usual priority club perks. the room itself was ok size for london. no bath but walk in shower but space net to sink was small so items fell into toilet, the bed was comfortable and noise was non existent during our stay. only issue was refurbishment work in part of hotel so come monday morning 8am, workers were in and were quite noisy. but not enough to spoil our stay. overall i would stay here again for its location, value for money and helpful staff

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Nice location (maybe two minutes' walk to the Earls Court tube station), on a street that's a row of other hotels converted from Victorian houses. The facility is clean and well-staffed, and their towel rack warms up very nicely.

The room was adequate in size but the storage was laughably small (which is my Planet Hollywood comparison, huge room with about 2 drawers). Plenty of electric plugs, etc. Free WiFi, though it required near continuous entries of the password (Nadler Kensington was way better on this).

There's a really nice HDMI plugin to send my shows to the TV in the evening, except it doesn't work. Called front desk who said "Yes, engineering say none of them work". Hmm.

It's attached to a restaurant/bar you should avoid unless you're out of choices. Bad bordering on inept service.

Finally, there's at least one desk staffer with poor attention to detail: I asked to schedule a car that would take a card for the Heathrow run. Assured no problem, and she did, except I got to LHR with no cash and a car driver who doesn't take a card. Frustrating.

It's not a bad place, but the Nadler around the corner is a better place overall.

1  Thank Allen R
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments of your stay. I am really pleased that you liked to location and cleanliness and also the size of he room.

The HDMI plug ins were not set-up corrected at installation so we are currently having them removed from the rooms. In the meantime we will put a sign on them so that guests are aware they are not working. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Brooke
fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk

Reviewed 26 July 2014

First of all, this is a great little hotel, set right off the tube stop at Earl's Court. It can't be beat for convenience. The lords and ladies of the staff are wonderful, welcoming, and take their jobs seriously, so kudos. The room I had (103) was perfect–-huge, and nicely appointed (thanks for that minibar/refrig combo), and very comfortable. Very grateful for the upgrade. The only problems I had with this hotel were the renovations (can't be faulted for trying to make a place better) and the fact that my room leaked after a thunderstorm one night and was never cleaned up, even after I requested someone mop the floor when I went out. Came back and the floor was still soaked. Otherwise, this is a little gem that I wouldn't hesitate to return to in the future.

Room Tip: Junior suites are worth the money.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank nzrocks

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay your feedback is essential for us. I am thrilled that the location worked for you and the staff were friendly and welcoming, I will be sure to pass these comments to the team. I apologise that the thunderstorm caused a leak in your room and I will ensure that the housekeeping team is aware. I am so pleased that you will return in the future we can’t wait to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,

Brooke

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I along with my good friend and his wife stayed here this past week. This was my first time staying in Earls court and the hotel was amazing! The price was about 150 pounds per night which is very reasonable considering the other options in the city. The hotel was totally modern inside, very clean and super comfortable, and only about a minutes walk from the tube station. The staff were great, Pippa who worked at the front and Petar the bell boy were super nice and helpful and I'd stay there next time I visit London.

2  Thank Shankpony
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Lovely hotel. Friendly helpful staff despite being busy
The room was divine. Lovely toiletries, free drinks and snacks, high quality tea selection.
My room had both a large shower and bath. The bed was very comfortable
Dressing gowns and slippers with ironing board and hairdryer in every room.in addition to free Wi Fi
We were a working group so all looked at each room which were individual in style but all to the same high standard
Breakfast was lovely
Would absolutely stay here again even if I paid for myself

Room Tip: They all looked lovely but the top floor rooms are rather special
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank CheshireJourneywoman
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My 7-day stay at the Hotel Indigo in Earl's Court was excellent. The staff were friendly and accommodating. My room was spotless and very comfortable. I was amazed at how quiet it was even though it is in the heart of Earl's Court. My only regret is that I didn't visit the on-site restaurant until my last evening in town. The food was delicious!

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the courtyard rather than the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business