“Average, spend your money elsewhere”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #87 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 August 2014

If you can get this hotel for a bargain then stay here, otherwise spend £150+ elsewhere.

Advantages:
- Very close to the tube, couple of mins walk
- If you're staying Saturday night, you can pay to park on streets nearby for a few hours (£3.30 an hour) and then it's free from 6:30pm until Monday at 8am, very cheap for this area.
- Looks good
- Friendly staff
- Upgrades are easy to come by and they generally include a free mini bar (quality debatable however, includes Echo Falls!!)

Disadvantages:
- Freezing, even at 30'c on heat the air conditioning was far to cold (think having to be under duvet / in a hot shower in order to try and get warm)
- Really hard bed, to quote my other half "it's like sleeping on a slap of concrete".
- Floors very slippery, surprised there were no injuries
- Noisy, we were in a basement junior suite and you could here every footstep above
- Extraction in bathroom not good enough, floor/walls soaking after a shower, again surprised there were no injuries
- Incorrect information regarding parking, when we enquired we were told that the nearest parking was 10 mins away and £40 for 2 days, from above you can see there's much nearer/cheaper options.

All in all, although the locations good and the staff are nice, in the end we did not have a good nights sleep and that's essentially what you're paying for.

Room Tip: Avoid the basement rooms
1  Thank TravelJunkieMonkey
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the hotel.

I am really pleased that the location and staff stood out for you. I apologise for that reception did not make you aware of the parking outside. We recommend the secure car park as there are only 3 spaces outside that are pay and display. The rest is residential parking and guests have received fines and even been towed from this area. However this should have been explained to you and the two options given so I will ensure reception are aware, thank you for bringing to my attention.

It would be very helpful if you could let me know what room you were in brooke@hotelindigokensington.co.uk so I can follow up on the air conditioning and bathroom extraction. I apologise that you found the bed too hard, again we get many positive comments on the comfort of the bed however we can always provide with extra mattress toppers to soften to your preference.

We hope that you will come back in the future.

Brooke

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo London Kensington

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was in a really great location, near Earl's Court tube station. The staff was helpful, the breakfast superb, and the room well designed and comfortable. The only snag was the bathroom. It was stylish, but had too few flat surfaces to be totally practical. The real issue was that the shower was one with barely a lip between it and the bathroom, and it kept overflowing and flooding the rest of the bathroom. The drains were not fully clear, and it transpired, were being worked on. I figured out that if I ran the water for 30 seconds, soaped myself and then ran it again for 30 seconds, I would not flood it. Irritating, but I would have appreciated some warning so that I did not get all my clothes wet the first and second days (the second because they told me that had cleared the drains). I do think they will fix this, but the staff should have told me. There was construction in the hotel and it is likely that this will be fixed, and most rooms seemed not to have this problem, though at least one other did. I will probably try it again, but warily!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank RichardG60763
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Close to the underground station Earl's Court and local pubs this is the number 1 hotel in Kensington not only for business, but for leisure travelers. The rooms are cozy and the "cherry on the pie" is the fantastic breakfast (you can order your breakfast from menu card also). The staff is very friendly! I recommend this hotel for everybody!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my two night stay here from Friday to Sunday. I arrived far earlier than check in time - after a long 24 hours of flying. The staff were kind and understanding and managed to get my room ready early for me and provided me with drinks while I waited.

The room I had was on the bottom level with a lovely big window and plenty of space. Beautiful bathrooms and helpful staff! Definitely chose breakfast included - it's well worth the price and has something for everyone.

I am looking forward to returning soon! Thank you for a lovely welcome to England.

Room Tip: 605 is a lovely BIG room on the bottom level with a large bay window
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We really enjoyed our weekend stay at Hotel Indigo. The location was superb, just 4 minutes walk from Earl's Court. There was renovation work going on so that space in the reception area was tight, but the staff managed everything well and were just so pleasant all through. The room was a little on the small size (aren't they all in London?), but this was more than made up for by the really interesting and tasteful decor. I thought the free water and juice and morning paper were very nice touches and I liked the low lighting in the bathroom for late night visits. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Surprisingly good hotel which offers very comfortable accommodation. Very clean and all fittings look new. Great breakfast selection and very pleasant staff. Stayed on business but would stay here again happily at leisure.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was the second half of our 2-city break week.

The hotel staff were extremely friendly irrespective of the difficult conditions caused by the renovation work and quickly resolved any questions or problems (noisy AC resulting in room change) we had.

Earls Court tube station is on the Piccadilly Line which links directly to London Heathrow and also central London. This ensured very easy transport links for all our sight-seeing, and there are also many good local restaurants to cater for every taste.

Thank you for a very good few days & we wish you a successful re-launch in the Autumn.

2  Thank jeremydugan