“Great Hotel at reasonable prices”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #85 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this as handy for the tube and the price was right. I love the indigo hotels and this one has just been refreshed and looks great. The staff on the reception were so friendly I felt so pleasently welcomed when I arrived. The room was great with a huge bed and lovely shower and bathroom. I didn't eat here but there is lots of choice nearby if you want to get out for a meal. I will certainly use again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Tony_and_Kay

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Indigo. The rooms were large for a city hotel, very trendy with great décor. The hotel is in close proximity to the underground for many different lines to get around. Our room was clean, bright and fresh. The hotel was undergoing renovations, which we knew beforehand, and it did not impact our stay. Nice surrounding neighborhood with good pubs.

2  Thank mimi1231
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The location is close to Tube and coffee shops. The hotel once was three mansions that has been well decorated and modernized. Service was helpful and the lack of gym <being renovated> was solved with passes from a nearby club. Bathrooms were well appointed with plush towels and bathrobes. Small faults were an overbooking <hotel honoured our reservations>,smallish basement rooms and lack of a lobby which makes arrivals and checking out feeling like your in the middle of a Tube station. Nonetheless we will go back for the charm and service.

1  Thank roma47
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is the first time I have used the Indigo brand within IHG. Great 4 star boutique hotel 2 minutes from Earls Court tube station. Lovely old building - some work going on in reception bar area but no problems with checkin or ongoing noise. Quick friendly checkin - I booked a junior suite which was fabulous. Efficient quiet air conditioning - free mini bar - lovely sitting area with a settee, two easy chairs and a desk area. Two flat screen TVs and a massive walk in shower and bathroom. There is also free wifi throughout the hotel - I had a problem with it in my room 219 but their IT guy worked with me for a hour to resolve it.

Great big comfy bed and top of the range toiletries.

A cracking place that I have already booked up for my next business trip to London.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We chose the Indigo for our long weekend explore of London. It's close to Earls Court tube so easy access west to east on the District line.
The hotel is beautifully decorated and furnished in a modern way. We had two rooms booked, a junior suite and a superior room, both were excellent. There are larger suites, but for us the junior suite gave us some extra space to move around in, and felt less claustrophobic than some hotel rooms. There was an area at the end of the room with a sofa and chair. Good for reading or surfing on the ipad, but no good for watching TV as you can't see it from there.

Toiletries are by Aveda and Gilchrist & Soames and they smelled great. Miche particularly appreciated the face spray and lip balm, unexpected treats.

Both rooms had a free mini bar, soft drinks and water in the superior room, plus wine and champagne in the suite. Yum. Only one bag of Jonathan's crisps though, which is only going to lead to squabbles ;)

Free Wifi !!! Finally hotels are waking up to the fact that this is an essential item for most guests and we don't expect to pay extra for it. Speed is good enough for normal surfing, but no good for streaming. That was ok for us though.

Staff were all super helpful.

Great place, would stay here again and based on this experience would look for another Indigo in other cities.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MicheandDT
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed at the Indigo Kensington mid August for 3 nights in two rooms for a quick visit to London. Our arrival was late due to the daytime flight from Toronto. We were in the hotel just after 11PM.

The reception staff had us checked in quickly and assisted with our luggage up to the third floor. I had asked for adjoining rooms and this was granted months before our arrival. The staff got us onto the lift but that was as far as they went. No problem we thought until we tried to find our rooms. It turned out they were up a short flight of stairs above the third floor. At 11PM this was not happy time. Then our keys failed to work. I took the keys back to reception and new ones were issued. We managed to get into bed at about 12 midnight.
Our day started early with breakfast in the hotel It was a great breakfast with a ton of choice. We were off for our day of exploring, we returned at about 6PM only to find the keys did not work again. This time I called from the hall phone at the staff came up with new keys. They also were repairing the safe in one room at the same time.
The next day we again had breakfast in the hotel and returned after 8PM. The keys worked this time. The room was great with a very comfortable bed and bedding. The Free Wifi was appreciated. The bathroom shower is fantastic with lots of water and it is a walk-in which is much safer. The night light is a very nice touch. Towels are large and plentiful. The curtains kept it plenty dark for sleeping. This is the second Indigo we have stayed in in London in less than 18 months. The other hotel offered more variety in the fridge. There are not many hotels that offer free cold drinks in the room so what was there this time was appreciated and consumed. I would just like a couple of soft drinks as part of the choices.
The hotel is being renovated so the route to get to the lift involved small flights of stairs. This will not last long but when they asked for my opinion I suggested a ramp for the luggage on the stairs to make it easier.
Check-out was easy and again the staff helped with our luggage to get it to the street. There were a couple of problems but nothing that can't be fixed with some staff coaching. The issues we experienced were disappointing but are unlikely to be repeated with following guests.
I would have liked to have been advised about the stairs to the rooms though. It was a manager that didn't bring that up but the interconnecting room was more important.
Over all, I recommend this as a great choice.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem, stay away from 309 and 310 or get help.
4  Thank Onourway547
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The 'Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court' was the most reasonably priced 4* hotel I could find for our 3 day stay in London.

The hotel is a little bit outside of central London, but is literally a 1 min walk from Earl's Court underground station, which is on the Jubilee Line and a 10-15 min ride to Covent Garden/Leicster Square/Piccadilly Circus.

We arrived at approx 2pm and were checked in very quickly. I was a little concerned that we were given a room that was on the ground floor literally next door to the reception area, however the rooms are obviously very well soundproofed because we could not hear any noise from the reception area at all. The bedroom and the bathroom were a good size and very clean.

All staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful.

We did not have breakfast at the hotel because this was not included in the price of our stay and we thought it was expensive on top of what we were already paying for our room, however this was a similar price to other hotels we have stayed in. There are places to eat breakfast on the street leading to the underground station or wherever you are visiting in London that day.

I would definitely recomend this hotel to anyone visiting London, what we saved on the price definitely made up for the little less central location.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple