“A nice place to stay”

Ranked #352 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“A nice place to stay”
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

Very clean and clearly recently refurbished! Rooms are nice and clean, big double showers, good size beds and breakfast was decent! Ideal for the money, booked through last minute website!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Chris W
, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at the Park International Hotel, I am delighted to read our hotel exceeded your expectations and that you found all our services and facilities to be of a high standard.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My family of 4 stayed here for a couple of nights during our recent holiday to London.

The hotel lobby was sharp and clean. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly.

The rooms were very nice. Maid service was good. Bar was excellent as was the bartender.

The only issue I had was that they charge 15 pounds for 24 hours of internet. In reviewing other reviews here on Tripadvisor, I see that the hotel places the blame on the fact that they use a particular carrier for their internet and that it is out of their hands. Well, I have 2 suggestions for the Park, either eliminate that by installing your own wireless system (like most Hotels do) or offer the internet to your customers virtually free by reimbursing them with some drink or food vouchers. I did leave a review in the room when I left so as well. Also, for the record, the internet when activated is only good for 2 users (not good when you have a family of 4 who all have their own devices to hook into the internet)

Breakfast was very good.

Overall, it was a very nice hotel. We would consider it again but would also look at others in the area who offer the free internet as well as maybe some other extras to compensate.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel, I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

I would like to thank you for wonderful reference with regards to the service your received at our Checkmate bar and restaurant and in particular the service you received from our barman and I have happily passed your review onto the entire team.

I am disappointed to hear that you were dissatisfied with the internet services available at the hotel and I will take your suggestions into consideration.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I visited this place last year during my 9 day euro tour. The hotel lobby and services are very impressive. Rooms have every essential things nicely placed for user. The bath tub length is enough for tall people.

Intercontinental breakfast are really good even for vegetarian people like me.

Room Tip: Sorry cant comment as our rooms are assigned to us by our tour operator
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you taking the time to review your past stay with us, I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed your time here at the Park International Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This hotel is fantastic. I couldn't change anything to make it better. We arrived on Saturdau 30 June 2012, having booked a double room. We needed a Twin, and this was arranged after we dropped our bags off and whilst we were shopping.

The hotel is immaculately clean throughout. Our room was small, but well laid. The drench shower in the room was brilliant. Our room was at the rear of the hotel and was quite, no traffic noise or noise from elsewhere.

The buffet breakfast, being both continental and English was the best thing about the stay - the sausages were really tasty, and the muffins were freshly baked and tasted great.

We would most definately return to this hotel.

Room Tip: I would ask for the back of the hotel as it was really quite, we were in room 226.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us and for rating the Park International Hotel a five out of five on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that your request to have your room type changed from a double to a twin bedded room could be accommodated. I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments with regards to the cleanliness and facilities available within your room.

I would also like to thank you for your wonderful comments with regards to our breakfast buffet, I am happy to hear that you found the selection to be plentiful and that you enjoyed one of our freshly baked muffins each morning.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

Have stayed in this hotel several times, this being the first since major construction was finished.

Front desk staff are friendly and welcoming, rooms vary, but the newer ones in the basement are very nice, large and with a clean bathroom and good shower.

Their wi-fi leaves something to be desired. It used to be included, now it's £7 per 24h, and it's only for two unique log-ins per room. If you have both smart phones and ipads, you'll still not be able to log in with all of them without paying extra.
When asked about this, the front staff blamed their provider swisscom. This is not acceptable as the hotel are the customer and should be able to dictate how they want the provider to actually provide the service.

The breakfast is included and offers a wide selection, had no problems with this.

As for the hotel restaurant, do not visit this. Service was terrible and it took an hour from arrival at the rstaurant to food being delivered to the table, there were one other table with people.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us and for your continued patronage at the Park International Hotel. As a hotel we do appreciate all feedback from our guest so that we can improve on and maintain our level of service that we offer.

I am pleased to read that for the larger part of your stay you had an enjoyable time and that our reception and breakfast team ensured that you were well taken care of during your time with us.

I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the internet service available here at the hotel however what our receptionist has informed you is 100% correct. We at the hotel do not own nor do we manage the Wi-fi network, the entire system is run by the supplier Swisscom and we just host their network within our property therefore we are unable to dictate or control the rates.

I would like to apologize for the lack of service you experienced at our Checkmate bar and restaurant however we are currently undergoing a change in management and I am confident our new food and beverage manager will improve on the service that is currently offered.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Firstly, the positive:
* Great location in a nice area. Very close to tube station & amenities.
* Staff at reception were very friendly.
* Rooms were very clean & well presented.
* Shower was great - very spacious with good pressure & temp control.
* Bed is comfy - proper duvet & lots of pillows. I hate when hotels just give you layers of sheets & itchy blankets.

The Negative:
* Breakfast was a disorganised joke. Waiting for sausages, waiting for juice dispenser to be topped up, no milk in the jug on my table, had to drink apple juice out of a coffee mug - no glasses left, etc.
* Despite me leaving the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door, housekeeping still knocked at 8am. When I didn't reply, they walked in anyway. This is a pet peeve of mine - ignoring the sign on the door. Anyway - I couldn't go back asleep, so was double-annoyed this happened.
* The rooms are too hot. I know it's summer, but mine was like a sauna. I left the fan on full all day, and it made almost no difference.
* Booked a double room, and it was very small (Room 515). And to add to the cramped feeling, one side of the room had an angled roof, so I had to duck down when walking over that side of it.
* Internet was terrible. It kept disconnecting. I spent 20mins on the phone to the support line. Also - it says on the info card in the room that you can "Charge it to your room" - but you can't. You have to sign up & pay by credit card online or over the phone, so it's a bit more hassle than they imply.

Anyway - not bad, but wouldn't go back. There are too many other options.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at the Park international hotel and for providing us with a detailed breakdown of both the positive and negative aspects of your stay so that we may address this each department.

I am pleased to read that you found your room to be clean and comfortable and that the location of our property was convenient for your travel requirements. I would like to thank you for you special mention of the friendliness of our reception staff and I have passed on your feedback to the entire team.

I am disappointed to read that you found our breakfast service to be disorganised however I will discuss the points that you have mentioned with our breakfast manager to ensure that we improve on our preparation to prevent any shortages in the future. I have also passed on your feedback to our executive housekeeper to enquire as to why your room was accessed if there was a DND sign on the door as this should not have happened. She has assured me that she will provide the necessary training to her staff to ensure that this does not happen again.

With regards to the problems you had experienced with your internet connection I have logged a case with our supplier and do hope to have an answer as to why this was occurring as well as a solution to the problem.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Park International Hotel and we do hope so see you back in the future.

Scotland
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My son and I stayed at this hotel for two nights because we wanted somewhere near the Royal Albert Hall. This hotel was perfect as the RHA is only a ten minute brisk away and Gloucester Road tube station is less than five mins away.

Checking in was simple and friendly. We were given a very small twin bedded room near the rear. It was adequate for our stay as we did not have much luggage but if we had suitcases they would probably have to stored on the beds. Also the door of the small wardrobe could not be opened fully as it kept hitting the entrance door. Toilet / shower room was clean and tidy and more than half the size of the bedroom. Good flat screen TV with a good number of channels. Many foreign language ones as well.

Breakfast was included and there was a good selection of hot and cold food, taken buffet style. Slight criticism. Both mornings they ran out of fruit juice / water glasses and there was a lengthy delay before more were brought out.

The bar area and lounge is nice and friendly and the prices are not excessive. We used the bar both nights for a late night drink before going to bed. The lighting in the lounge area is low and very discrete which suits the guests and the mouse we saw running across the floor and under the seats, on our second night. It kept us amused.

Room Tip: The road at the front of the hotel is very busy so a room to the rear might be advisable but not 132...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent at our hotel, it is wonderful to read you found our hotel to be conveniently located for your travel requirements and trust that you had a good night out at the Royal Albert Hall.

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and you found our staff to be friendly and our rooms to be clean and tidy. I would like to thank you for your positive feedback with regards to the selection on our breakfast buffet and will be taking the appropriate action to ensure that there are always cups and glasses to hand.

It was wonderful to read that you had the opportunity to join us in our Checkmate bar for a late night drink however I was surprised to hear that you had spotted a mouse under the one of the chairs. I can assure you we have taken the appropriate action and have had a number of industrial, non-lethal deterrents installed throughout the property just this week and I am confident in saying that I hotel is now pest free.