I expect London hotels to offer extremely small rooms and in general not being good value for money however I was pleasantly pleased by the Park International.
We booked two rooms as we were travelling with family (parents) so they gave us rooms on the same floor.
- staff is very welcoming and helpful
- they gave us room as soon as we arrived even though we were way early on the indicated check-in time. We did not have to wait or ask. We were just given our smart key at check-in
- Room was reasonable size for London. We could open our two suitcases and there was still plenty of room to move around. Decent size for London.
- Nice clean and new bathroom (also decent size with big - double - shower cubicle)
- close to a well connected tube station (Gloucester Road): literally around the block and easy to walk to with suitcases with wheels
- buffet breakfast was adequate
- Safe in room is a decent size
- Empty mini fridge in room means you can buy your own drinks from local corner shop and store in room (there is a Waitrose supermarket by the corner too)
- no hotel parking: very hard to find a parking spot around as the area is mostly reserved for resident parking. There are some pay-at-meter spots around the block which are OK for a short stay but would be extremely pricey if long term. If you need car parking use a different hotel.
- you get 30 mins free wifi in the Lobby. If you want it in the rest of the hotel it is about £9 for laptop (1 device only) or £8 for iPad/iPhone (max 2 devices) for 24 hrs. It is a reasonable charge (I have seen worse) but I do think that in this day & age Wifi should be free in hotels and if I am paying for it I should be able to access it from any of my devices!
I would use this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park International Hotel is a contemporary hotel located in the heart of Kensington. The hotel is within walking distance from Harrods, Royal Albert Hall, National History Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum and Hyde Park. The property features 171 well-appointed and modern rooms along with newly refurbished public areas. The Heritage Deluxe rooms on the first floor are beautifully designed and feature high ceilings, contributing to the elegance of our luxury 4 star hotel in London. Our guests can unwind and enjoy a cocktail at the Checkmate Restaurant and Bar which also offers live music and a delicious Thai and British Food menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Park International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park International London
- Hotel Park International
- Park International Hotel London