“Central Location, Reasonable Cost, Would stay again”

Park International Hotel
Ranked #352 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Central Location, Reasonable Cost, Would stay again”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Am staying in the hotel right now. Impressed with the friendly and helpful staff. The room we are in is in the below ground level, but there is natural light coming in, and the option for fresh air which opens up the room completely.
The bathroom is brand new, and the room while basic is clean and comfortable.
Breakfast is included also, which is a plus of course.
Only small gripe is that internet is not included with the room rate, but the front desk staff were very helpful with recommending a package that would be the most economical for the number of devices we are using and the number of days we are staying.
We were also informed bt each front desk person we spoke with that internet is free in the lobby, which was appreciated.
Lovely hotel, fantastic central location, and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review the hotel during your recent stay with us, I am pleased to read that you found your room to be light and accommodating. I would like to thank you for your feedback with regards to the cleanliness of our rooms as this is an area of service that we take great pride in an I will pass your wonderful comments on to our housekeeping team.

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the in room Wi-Fi tariffs however I am pleased that our reception team had informed you of the complimentary service in our lobby area.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Good location, close to Glouster Underground. Rooms are updated and comfortable (but it is London so they are on the small side). Hotel is VERY clean and the staff is very helpful. Free daily breakfast makes it a no-brainer! There are also a few good restaurants right across the street. Would stay here again...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Thank you for your wonderful feedback with regards to your recent stay at our hotel, I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience during your time with us and that you would chose to stay at the Park International Hotel in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

When we arrived (Sep 2012) we were pleasantly surprised, thought it would be bog standard, but it is far from it. Very nicely decorated. All new. Rooms are lovely, beds nice, bathrooms lovely. The breakfast is great. Staff all very helpful. No noise from front rooms, all very well insulated. So close to everything, we walked everywhere. Checkout the checkmate bar/restaurant, as we didn't and regretted it when checking out, it has afternoon tea and drinks and all sorts and it is very cool.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a positive review with regards to your recent stay at the Park International Hotel. I was delighted to read that our hotel exceeded your expectations in every sense of the word.

I was particularly pleased to read that you took the opportunity to join us in our Checkmate Bar upon your departure and found it to be enjoyable and memorable experience.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel in July. Overall, we enjoyed a pleasant stay and would return to this hotel in the future. The Park International is a well maintained 4* hotel, situated close to the major South Kensington Museums, a short walk from Gloucester Road Tube Station and a stone's throw from Hyde Park.

The rooms, though of average size, are of contemporary design; are well maintained and of a high standard. The King size bed is very comfortable and hotel is quiet from late evening, allowing for a decent night's sleep. The Bathrooms were equally modern and shower's decent. The rooms were cleaned to a high standard, which was a pleasant surprise, given the high turnover at this hotel.

Breakfast was buffet style and the breakfast room tends to get quite busy at peak times. Some of the breakfast room staff, whilst helpful, seemed to struggle, meaning some food selections were not replaced quickly once they had run out. The buffet selection was ok, though not overly extensive and I would have preferred a wider choice of items. Many of the items also seemed to be over-salted.

The hotel staff were generally friendly and courteous. However, some of the individuals on the front desk need some additional training. This includes a lady, whom i assume was the front desk manager, whom was somewhat humourless and also spoke to some of the other staff quite harshly, in front of the guests. However, the worst for me was one of the concierges, whom was quite lazy in his approach and didnt seem on top of his facts.

For example, I inquired the opening times of the discount theatre ticket box office in Leicester Square. The concierge did not tell me the opening times, advising me not to trust the Leicester Square discount ticket office and insisting on giving me the details of his preferred agent. Now, it so happens that I'm British and previously lived in London for 13 years. I know the Leicester Square discount ticket box is an official agent of the London Society of Theatres and is both well known and trusted by Londoners. So either the concierge was ignorant of this fact, or worse still, he was on commission from the other agent? One further example was when i asked him about the opening times of the Natural History Museum. I asked for this information 2x and all I got was a vague answer that it was open to 6 or 7pm. This is lazy and just not good enough. The other concierge was much better and well informed.

On the positive, the staff on the reservation telephone line we extremely friendly and helpful when making our booking and dealing with a special request we had about my son. Equally, the room service and cleaning staff were all well trained and friendly.

Overall, we enjoyed a good stay at the hotel and the issues mention are down to a couple of individuals. This hotel is generally of a high standard, at a reasonable priced and is centrally located. It's an ideal base for any visitor wanting to tour central London, particularly if you plan to spend time in the major South Kensington Museums. Access to the West End and theatres is also good, given the Piccadilly Line runs direct from nearby Gloucester Road Tube Station to Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AnEnglishmaninAsia
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide us with such constructive feedback of your recent stay at the Park International Hotel, we as a hotel appreciate all the feedback that we receive form our guests both positive and negative as it allows us the opportunity to improve on any element that would enhance our standards or customer service.

It was wonderful to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the décor of our rooms to be to your liking. I would like to thank you for your special mention with regards to the cleanliness of your room and I will happily pass on your wonderful comments to our housekeeping team.

I have taken your feedback with regards to our breakfast team during peak times into consideration and will discuss this with our breakfast Manager to see what procedures we could put in place or perhaps what training we could provide in order to improve on this.

I would like to thank you for bringing your unsatisfactory experience at our front desk to my attention as I can assure you this is not the level of customer service that we offer to our guests. I will conduct an investigation into this matter with both the reception and concierge teams in order to address and rectify these issues with the appropriate staff members. I am however pleased to hear that our reservations department went out of their way to assist you with your request.

We do look forward to welcoming you and your family back on any future trips you may be planning to London.

Amsterdam
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Hotel is nice! No problems and we had a good stay.
Breakfast is very good, location is nice, close to the tube and the bar/restaurant is nice as well.
The downside was that the bed was not for our liking, too soft... And you have to pay for wi-fi.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Sir

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us, I am pleased to read that your overall experience at our hotel was a pleasant one and that you found the location of our property to be particularly convenient for your travel requirements.

I am however disappointed to hear that our beds were not to your liking, during our refurbishment we had replaced each unit and have received some very positive feedback from a number of our guests. With regards to the wireless facility available at the hotel we do offer a complimentary service in our lobby and bar area should you not wish to purchase a voucher for access in your room.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Booked three twin rooms for four nights in September 2012. We had large rooms overlooking the street but no traffic noise. Pristine bathroom looked brand new with lovely roomy shower. Indeed the whole hotel looked newly refurbished to a high standard. Very comfortable beds with lovely fluffy pillows. Generous breakfast in light airy breakfast room. All staff went out of their way to be helpful. Good location a few minutes walk to Gloucester Rd. Tube. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone of any age, including the picky fusspots among us.

Room Tip: Room 215 is very spacious.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide us with the feedback of your recent stay with us, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like yours.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the standard and services of our bedrooms to be of high calibre. It was also wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast selection each morning and that all our staff went out of their way to be as helpful as possible.

We do look forward to welcoming you and the “picky fusspots” back to the Park International Hotel in the near future.

London
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We arrived on Friday the 14th Sept for a 2 night stay, we were located on the 5th floor at the front of the hotel. my wife could hear the traffic at night time but it was not loud, the following morning I spoke to the reception and they moved us to another room on the ground floor without delay.
On the Saturday morning we heard the laundry company returning the clean bedding at 05:15hrs as the guys were shouting. I went and told them to be quiet and all was well. when we checked out we had to complete a questionnaire, we mentioned the laundry staff making a noise and this was pushed up to the management straight away, who then rang the company. This hotel is outstanding in staff helpfulness, service, cleanliness. all the staff go out of their way to ensure you have an enjoyable stay and if you do have a complaint it is sorted without delay or fuss. I would definatley go back to this hotel and would recommend it to al. thank you for a great weekend.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at the Park International Hotel and for your wonderful feedback with regards to the service you had experienced during your stay.

I am pleased to read our reception team were able to assist you with your request to move to a quieter room on the back side of the property and that they were able to so without delay. I was also happy to hear that you took the time to complete our in-house questionnaire and upon receiving your feedback our Front Office Manager got in contact with the laundry company in order to rectify this situation so that it would not repeat itself in the future.

I would like to thank you for recommending our hotel to fellow Tripadvisor users and, we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.