“Showers are a health hazard and other disasters- You can do better”

Park International Hotel
Ranked #372 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“Showers are a health hazard and other disasters- You can do better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

Our first room was very small but clean. The second day my mom took a shower and fell hard on her hip and was in a great deal of pain for the duration of the trip. My mom had a huge bruise and several cuts. I went to get a bandaid and the staff had were completely clueless where the first aid kit was and I never got a bandaid, I had to use a towel and a lot of pressure to stop the bleeding. I complained and the manager transferred us to a handicap room. The handicap room was a bit better but the view was horrendous ( refer to photo), as are a number of the rooms in the hotel. The first several days breakfasts had no line ups but the last two days we had to wait over 20 minutes for a table. Also, I gave the hotel only two stars because the staff, although perfectly friendly enough, were inexperienced and unknowledgeable. We were told there was a market on Sunday and took a tube to london bridge and much to our disappointment the market never runs on Sundays. Also, we went to Greenwhich the way the concierge told us just to find out that he was mistaken and we had to take a completely different route to get to our destination. Luckily, we were guided by locals that helped us get there. When I wanted to book a tour, I never received any help, I had to make all the arrangements myself. I wanted to make a dining reservation and Rosie ( one of the staff members) told me I could book online, rather than her taking the time to call. The service was just poor overall. The positive aspects of the hotel were the room was clean and the croissants and breakfast were delicious. However, overall, there are plenty of great hotels for be found in London and I would steer away from this one.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jen T
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Park International Hotel. As a manager I appreciate all feedback form our guests both positive and negative so that I may identify any areas that may require improvement.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience at our hotel and have taken your feedback very seriously as we value that safety of our guests above all. At the Park International Hotel all of our shower trays are fitted with a non slip fitting. There was a delay in the night team locating the first aid box for which I apologise. This has been addressed with the entire team at the hotel. Bandages were given as requested and no other assistance was required.

After the incident a number of bedrooms were shown and the disabled bedroom was selected by yourselves as it was felt it was more suitable due to the knee surgery your mother had recently undergone. During your stay a a gesture of goodwill was offered, which was declined.

I will forward your comments regarding our breakfast to our F&B manager along with your comments regarding the service received to our management team to be reviewed.

I do hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Acting General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Was very disappointed since I fell in the shower since no rubber mats were supplied. My daughter rushed to the front desk to get band aids,but unfortunately they could not find any. They tried to make us happy with a disabled room.The room's view was terrible. It was a brick wall!!!

Room Tip: can't recommend a good room,since we didn't stay in one
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Carol T
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. As two posting have been posted, please be advised that I have responded to your daughters review.

Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Park International numerous times and I have reviewed it previously. Again, we had a wonderful stay at the hotel. The hotel has been completely renovated since our last stay and they did a magnificent job. We had a Heritage Deluxe room. I must admit we probably had a little less closet space than I remember, but most people don't need 10 days worth of clothing. There was plenty of shelving to accommodate anything that could not be hung up. The bathroom was lovely with a large ledge for toiletries and a great shower. If you want a regular, not Heritage, room, we saw one when it was being cleaned and the door was open. It was fine. The rooms, including ours, are by no means large, but the ceilings are very high which gives the feeling of a larger room. Also, you shouldn’t be in the room very much!
Most nights when we came back to the hotel we would take our iPads down to the lobby, get a username and password for their free internet in the lobby. On Wed, Thu, and Fri evenings there was great entertainment in the bar which we could sit and listen to in the lobby.
The breakfast was in a large and airy room in the basement. The servers were wonderful and got us our coffee/tea very promptly each morning. The assortment of food was much better that on our previous stays. Everything you could want, muffins and croissants, bacon, sausage, eggs, cheeses, sliced meats, hot and cold cereal, fruit....the list goes on.
I will definitely stay here next time we visit London.

A few suggestions for things to do:
Take a boat ride to Greenwich (don’t take the train) and pass thru the Thames barrier. The ride over is two hours and the trip back is one hour. You get to visit Greenwich and get a river cruise all in one.
Walk, walk, walk. Take in the neighborhood behind the hotel and walk down to Chelsea. It’s a beautiful walk thru a great neighborhood
Go to the street market in Camden.
Walk over to Earls Court Road (out the front door and to the left) and check out all the ethnic restaurants. The restaurants there are both good and reasonably priced.

3 Thank skippy123
Dear Guest,

Thank you posting such a wonderful review with regards to your most recent stay with us and for your continued patronage at the Park International hotel.

It is a pleasure to read that each time you have stayed at our hotel you have had an enjoyable experience and I can assure you that the next time will be no different. I would like to thank you for spreading the word of our fantastic hotel throughout the TripAdvisor community and I will ensure that we always have a room available for you when you visit London.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,
Oleiros, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

Beautiful, well maintained property. Great for families. The rooms were clean and beautiful and the staff were very friendly. Location is wonderful it is situated 200 meters from tube station & has various buses including night service that stop in front of hotel. Breakfast was excellent with an ample choice. Only drawback is if you have a room looking towards cromwell street it can be a bit noisy. I would definitely go back here and recommend to anyone.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ruaolmos
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the location of our property to be ideal for your travel requirements. I would like to thank you for identifying the cleanliness and functionality of our property as well as the friendliness of our personnel.

Best Regards,
Acting General Manager
Hamilton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

This is a good hotel with excellent staff. However, I was very disappointed at the lack of response I received from the manager of the Park International when I complained that the phone system was dysfunctional. One could not get an outside line after dialing 9 (as instructed). I was told that the interface was not working and asked to place all my class by calling reception and having them dial the number. The reception staff was helpful in this matter, but I asked to speak to the manager about this matter. The manager never contacted me about this matter, and the issue was never resolved.

I might also ad that the WiFi service (for which one pays extra) is extremely sluggish.

This hotel is not well managed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank OntarioTourist2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback of your recent stay with us, I am disappointed to hear that on this occasion you did not have an enjoyable stay with us.

I would like to thank you for listing both the positive aspects of your stay as well as the areas that may require some improvement. I was made aware of the situation regarding the telephone system, however I was under the understanding that the matter had been resolved by the Front Office team to your satisfaction. Please accept my apology for this not being the case.

Should you visit London in the near future, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly to make your reservation.

Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

We visited the Park International for six nights. We were on the the first floor, with a large window. The hotel is on a busy street and it was noisy and difficult to sleep, however I used earplugs. The bathroom did not have a tub and so I was disappointed. The bed was not soft enough for me, but after sight seeing you were very tired. The room was small, but worked out fine. The breakfast was wonderful with sausage, eggs, bacon, rolls cereals, toast, fruit, juices, French toast, cheeses, and yogurt. The staff was very helpful. I notice they did not have wash cloths.

Room Tip: Next time I would ask for a room on the back.
1 Thank brontz
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback of your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you found your bedroom to be smaller than expected however as a hotel we do offer a variety of room types ranging from single rooms through to our Junior Suites where there is always a possibility to upgrade to a larger room category should you find you require a bit more space.

I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback with regards to the friendliness our team.

Kind Regards,
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

This hotel is quite nice though the room was quite small but the bathroom was an average size.
Ask for a room that doesnt overlook the main road, Cromwell Street, as the noise from the street just doesnt stop all day and night.
The breakfast I found wasnt that good and expected better from such a big hotel. Found the staff quite friendly but I dont think one of them could speak English very well at all and communication was difficult with some of them.
Overall a nice hotel but wouldnt stay there again if I had the chance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the main road
1 Thank mrsgwilson
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Park International Hotel, as a manager I appreciate all feedback form our guests both positive and negative so that I may identify any areas that may require improvement.

I am disappointed to hear that on this occasion you did not have an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our complimentary breakfast disappointing. I have forwarded your comments onto our Head of Departments to investigate.

Kind Regards,