“Decent place to stay in London”

Park International Hotel
Ranked #336 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here several times and has improved significantly since the work done to upgrade. Now nice and modern. Good bar. Only critisism is rooms are small (at least tje laat couple of
Times i stayed. Otjerwise its decent.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Ninomann
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us and for your continued patronage to the Park International Hotel. I am delighted to read that each one of your stays with us have been consistently pleasant and that you find the new décor and ambiance of the property to be to your liking.

We do look forward to welcoming you back on any future trips you may be planning to London.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,227)

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Very nice reception with friendly staff. Very modern bar with good prices for london. Room was small but clean, I am glad I got a discounted price as the original £330 is way above its worth. At the bar at night I had to tell a tramp who had managed to get in and get to near the rooms to foxtrot oscar. Never mind no harm done. Breakfast was very good and plenty of it. I would probably look for somewhere nearer Central London in future, however, for an overnight stay it was fine. Great staff.

• Stayed: October 2013
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Sir

Thank you taking the opportunity to complete a review of your recent stay at the Park International Hotel, I was delighted to read that you found our front office team to be warm and welcoming and your room to be maintained to a high standard.

I was also pleased to read that you had the opportunity to join us in our Checkmate bar and restaurant during your time with us and that you found the décor to be to your liking and the pricing to be well structured. I am however concerned to hear that you had encountered a tramp on the way to your room as there never been a situation such as this in the past. I will address with matter with our front office team in order to ensure that an incident such as this will not reoccur as they are generally very vigilant in identifying and deterring non hotel guests.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I am afraid we did not have the best experience. After stayed in 4 different excellent hotels in Spain - the Park International was a disappointment ! When we arrived we were advised that we have been upgraded but we have been upgraded to the smallest room in London ! We could not move around in the room at all. The front desk male staff was very helpful - but the female staff was not helpful or friendly at all. The Internet was a huge problem - even in the smallest hilltop town in Spain we had fast Internet in our rooms but not in the Park International - no Internet in the rooms and very very slow Internet in the lobby ! Wow - could not believe a 4 star hotel in London is not able to provide descent wifi to there clients - paying a fortune to stay there! Short walk to the tube station. Good breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louise S

Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at our hotel, I am sorry to hear that on this occasion you did not have an enjoyable stay with us.

I was surprised to hear that you found your room upgrade to be smaller than expected and would like the opportunity to investigate as to what room type you had booked and the room that you were provided. If at all possible could you please provide me with this information via our website so that I may look into this. Furthermore I shall pass on your feedback with regards to the difficulties you had experienced with the wi-fi to the management company so that they may look into why your connection was slower than anticipated however if I could identify which room you had occupied this will assist us greatly.

I do look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here for a couple of days in March this year. This was our last few day in the UK and we had already returned our hire car. The hotel was comfortable, convenient, clean and the staff were helpful. Breakfast was great, with plenty of variety and was held in a large breakfast room. Free WiFi was available in the entrance foyer, and in your room for a charge. Although I would happily stay here again, I would not recommend eating here in the evening. Dining was in a small alcove type area off a music bar. With only one person serving, the service was not good and the atmosphere, dark, noisy and cramped. On subsequent evenings we ate out at some of the numerous restaurants nearby

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you taking the time to provide us with the feedback of your stay with us back in March this year, I was pleased to read that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel.

I would like to thank you for the wonderful feedback you have provided with regards to the cleanliness of our hotel and the professionalism of our team. I was also delighted to read that you found our breakfast room to be spacious and the items on offer to be of a good quality and variety. I am sorry to hear that your experience in our Checkmate bar and restaurant was not as enjoyable as you had anticipated however we have had a change in management since the time of your reservation and I am confident in saying that the service has improved throughout this period.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel on any future trips you may be planning to London.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed for one night last week and overall it is a bright clean and modern hotel, staff are friendly and helpful, location is on the main road next to tube station and Sainsbury's. The room was modern and large, very clean and with a super thick and soft carpet. I would return again but the only downside was the price sadly as i don't think it reflects the room as it was very modern but not luxury.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Danny W
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay with us, I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you found the room facilities to be modern and up to date.

I would like to thank you for identifying the professionalism of our team and the convenient location of our hotel to fellow TripAdvisor readers. I am however sorry to hear that although you found the room to be large and modern you felt that they lacked in luxury within certain areas. May I suggest that for any future reservations that you consider one of our Junior Suite rooms as they have been designed with a 5* boutique comfort and style in mind.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed for two nights in one of the ground floor rooms. The staff were helpful and polite, and the room was very clean and quiet. Breakfast was good, too. Not a massive range but good quality. Overall I could not fault this hotel. However, the location is fantastic - only 5 minutes from Gloucester Road Tube (therefore good access to Central London by Tube/Bus). If you are looking at visiting the Natural History Museum, Science Museum or V&A you can't go wrong. They are about a 10 minute walk away. Likewise, if you are going to the Royal Albert Hall, Royal College of Music or Imperial College, they are close by too. Nearby there is a Waitrose supermarket, which is convenient. In the evening there are plenty of places to eat close by, take stroll down Gloucester Road (try the Hereford Arms) or along the Old Brompton Road to South Kensington Station, where there a quite a few pubs and restaurants. Also, it is a short walk (15 mins or so) from Hyde Park if you fancy going for a walk or a run.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at our hotel and for rating the Park International Hotel a five out of five on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and you found the quality of our services and hospitality to be of a high standard.

I would like to thank you for outlining the unique location of our property which provides our guest with convenient links to local attractions and the city centre. As we cater for a diverse range of cliental we are perfectly located for families who wish to visit the local museums and parks as well as being within walking distance from Gloucester Road underground which provides direct links to the city centre and business districts for our business clients.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The front desk staff are pleasant and helpful. The rooms are on the small side, but adequate. The buffet breakfast offers a good variety. The location is a short walk to the underground, with a variety of restaurants in between. There is a large supermarket. Will definitely return to this hotel on our next visit to London.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Park International Hotel, I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time with us.

I would like to thank you for the feedback you have provided with regards to the professionalism of our staff and the quality of our breakfast. I was also pleased to read that you found the location of the property to suited to your travel requirements and that you would chose the Park International Hotel once again on any future trips you may be planning to London.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.