“A GOOD CHOICE WHEN IN LONDON”

Park International Hotel
Ranked #370 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Iowa City, Iowa
“A GOOD CHOICE WHEN IN LONDON”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

The Park International Hotel in the Kensington section of London was a reasonable hotel selection for our recent holiday stay in London. Somewhat undramatically sited on busy Cromwell Road near the Gloucester Road Tube station and south of Kensington Gardens, the hotel offered us good value for our money, and my friends and I agreed that we would stay there again if the opportunity arose. The staff were friendly and helpful, our daily breakfast was good, and our rooms were clean. Our rooms overlooked a side street away from Cromwell Road, so they were quiet. (I suspect a room overlooking Cromwell could be noisy.) It appears that the hotel may have recently undergone a significant refurbishment.

There were some odd features. Internet access is free only in the lobby, and you must ask for a new password every hour. A single room is very small and can be difficult to maneuver in if you have much luggage. There are several steps up from the street below, so full handicap accessibility is doubtful. The on-site restaurant and bar are small, but they appeared to do a good business in the evenings.

If you plan to use the Underground for your transportation around London (and the Gloucester Road station is on the Picadilly line from Heathrow Airport), I would recommend looking into the Park International Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the opportunity to complete a review of your recent stay at the Park International Hotel, a was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you would return to us should the opportunity present itself.

I would like to thank you for the positive feedback with regards to the professionalism of our team and the cleanliness of our rooms as these are two areas that we do excel in. I was also pleased to read that you found your room to quiet and comfortable and that you enjoyed or complimentary breakfast that is on offer daily.

I would also like to thank you for recommending our hotel to the TripAdvisor community and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I stayed in a double room for 3 nights and it was a really bad experience... We did not had ANY space for us, or our 2 luggage, you can not even walk, you have to jump through your luggage so you can get to the bathroom, or to move around, I almost take the minibar outside the room ( which by the way, it was empty) to make more room for us.
London was a great experience, but when we came back to the hotel we had to move our 2 luggage again off the bed and place them in the bathroom so we can have some space for us( and we are really thin people) !,,,
Also when we made our check in the service was awful.. The receptionist was making us a favour talking with us and treated us as if she was tured or sick of tourists... So If you plan to go and you see a girl named Ticcky ( she looks japanese ) wait for some one else to help you, she is a mean and tough girl, she even was rude with her partner the concierge at the hotel....she answers with a very bad temper....
The nicest girls were the ones in the dinning room.
Also theres no internet in the rooms so if you want to connect after a hard day and just sit an put your pjs and relax tocheck your emails, you need to put a bathro e and get to the lobby because theres only internet acces in the lobby, so you will see al the guests at 8-9 pm in the lobby trying to connect..it is ridiculous .... Why dont they install it in all the rooms like all the other 4 star hotels?

As a tourist, its a shame that the only time you spend in the hotel is in the night and that experience was a bad one due to the really tiny small rooms.

Room Tip: Too far from all the turistic places in London....
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Gamasa11
Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with our hotel, I am disappointed to hear that on this occasion your stay with us was not an enjoyable one.

I am sorry to hear that you found the room allocated to you to be smaller than you had expected, as our hotel is comprised of a number of interconnected buildings our room size dose vary from room to room however we feel this adds character to the property as opposed to a standardised box that one has become accustomed to when checking into a large chain hotel. Had you contact a member of our front office team with regards to your concerns they would have been able to provide you with a number of alternative rooms and had you relocated to a room of your choosing.

I am surprise to receive your comments regarding your check-in and interactions with Ticky as I have never received any negative feedback from guests or staff regarding her behaviour. To be honest I have only ever received commendations with regards to her level of customer service never the less I shall investigate this further in order to rectify any possible behavioural patterns.

With regards to your feedback on the Wi-fi service available in the hotel, this is accessible from every room in the from the lower ground to the top floor. Had you experienced some difficulties connecting your device one of our front office team would have happily assisted had you advised them during your stay.

North West England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed here for one night over last weekend for our anniversary trip to London. Hotel is conveniently located just a few minutes walk from Gloucester Road Tube. We were allowed to check in at 10.30am which was a bonus and were allocated a room in the basement which was spacious, very well decorated with a lovely, moden bathroom. We even had a small outside patio area. Downside was plumbing noises from rooms above could be heard but this didn't actually cause us any problems as we thought it might. Breakfast was excellent with plentiful, good quality food. Only criticism is that there was a charge for a drink we hadn't ordered buried in the middle of our bar bill and the waitress was not very happy when we pointed this out! All in all would stay there again and have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide us with your feedback of your recent stay with us and for selecting the Park International Hotel as your London location during you anniversary celebration.

I was delighted to read that our front office team were able to accommodate your early check-in and that you had been upgraded to one of our executive rooms. I am also pleased to read that you took advantage of the outside garden and hope that you treated yourself to a fresh pod of coffee from the Nespresso machine.

I am sorry to hear that you had some difficulties with your bar check however I am confident in saying that our team would never deliberately add any additional items to your check that you had not consumed and am pleased that they had it removed once you had identified to them.

I would like to thank you for recommending our hotel to the TripAdvisor community and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very well located less than 2 minutes by walk to the metro station and close to very good restaurants walking distance

Piano bar at night is very lovely. Friendly staff and helpful
Rooms are clean and well maintained. Beds are kind of small in size and the twin room is kind of tiny but you will forget about such details because the rest is very good

Descent breakfast which last till 10 am
Nice lobby

Just to manage your expectations the gym is a tiny room underground with 1 treadmill and 1 machine. If you are on vacation you care less

I recommend this hotel for its location Clean rooms and good staff

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Samer N
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a positive review of your recent stay at our hotel, I was pleased to read that you found the location of the property to be convenient for your requirements.

I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding our staff and for joining us for a night in the piano bar, I do trust that you had an enjoyable evening and that Sam kept you entertained throughout the evening.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here several times and has improved significantly since the work done to upgrade. Now nice and modern. Good bar. Only critisism is rooms are small (at least tje laat couple of
Times i stayed. Otjerwise its decent.

2 Thank Ninomann
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us and for your continued patronage to the Park International Hotel. I am delighted to read that each one of your stays with us have been consistently pleasant and that you find the new décor and ambiance of the property to be to your liking.

We do look forward to welcoming you back on any future trips you may be planning to London.

Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Very nice reception with friendly staff. Very modern bar with good prices for london. Room was small but clean, I am glad I got a discounted price as the original £330 is way above its worth. At the bar at night I had to tell a tramp who had managed to get in and get to near the rooms to foxtrot oscar. Never mind no harm done. Breakfast was very good and plenty of it. I would probably look for somewhere nearer Central London in future, however, for an overnight stay it was fine. Great staff.

• Stayed October 2013
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Sir

Thank you taking the opportunity to complete a review of your recent stay at the Park International Hotel, I was delighted to read that you found our front office team to be warm and welcoming and your room to be maintained to a high standard.

I was also pleased to read that you had the opportunity to join us in our Checkmate bar and restaurant during your time with us and that you found the décor to be to your liking and the pricing to be well structured. I am however concerned to hear that you had encountered a tramp on the way to your room as there never been a situation such as this in the past. I will address with matter with our front office team in order to ensure that an incident such as this will not reoccur as they are generally very vigilant in identifying and deterring non hotel guests.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I am afraid we did not have the best experience. After stayed in 4 different excellent hotels in Spain - the Park International was a disappointment ! When we arrived we were advised that we have been upgraded but we have been upgraded to the smallest room in London ! We could not move around in the room at all. The front desk male staff was very helpful - but the female staff was not helpful or friendly at all. The Internet was a huge problem - even in the smallest hilltop town in Spain we had fast Internet in our rooms but not in the Park International - no Internet in the rooms and very very slow Internet in the lobby ! Wow - could not believe a 4 star hotel in London is not able to provide descent wifi to there clients - paying a fortune to stay there! Short walk to the tube station. Good breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Louise S
Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at our hotel, I am sorry to hear that on this occasion you did not have an enjoyable stay with us.

I was surprised to hear that you found your room upgrade to be smaller than expected and would like the opportunity to investigate as to what room type you had booked and the room that you were provided. If at all possible could you please provide me with this information via our website so that I may look into this. Furthermore I shall pass on your feedback with regards to the difficulties you had experienced with the wi-fi to the management company so that they may look into why your connection was slower than anticipated however if I could identify which room you had occupied this will assist us greatly.

I do look forward to hearing from you.