The Park International Hotel in the Kensington section of London was a reasonable hotel selection for our recent holiday stay in London. Somewhat undramatically sited on busy Cromwell Road near the Gloucester Road Tube station and south of Kensington Gardens, the hotel offered us good value for our money, and my friends and I agreed that we would stay there again if the opportunity arose. The staff were friendly and helpful, our daily breakfast was good, and our rooms were clean. Our rooms overlooked a side street away from Cromwell Road, so they were quiet. (I suspect a room overlooking Cromwell could be noisy.) It appears that the hotel may have recently undergone a significant refurbishment.
There were some odd features. Internet access is free only in the lobby, and you must ask for a new password every hour. A single room is very small and can be difficult to maneuver in if you have much luggage. There are several steps up from the street below, so full handicap accessibility is doubtful. The on-site restaurant and bar are small, but they appeared to do a good business in the evenings.
If you plan to use the Underground for your transportation around London (and the Gloucester Road station is on the Picadilly line from Heathrow Airport), I would recommend looking into the Park International Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park International Hotel is a contemporary hotel located in the heart of Kensington. The hotel is within walking distance from Harrods, Royal Albert Hall, National History Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum and Hyde Park. The property features 171 well-appointed and modern rooms along with newly refurbished public areas. The Heritage Deluxe rooms on the first floor are beautifully designed and feature high ceilings, contributing to the elegance of our luxury 4 star hotel in London. Our guests can unwind and enjoy a cocktail at the Checkmate Restaurant and Bar which also offers live music and a delicious Thai and British Food menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park International London
- Hotel Park International
- Park International Hotel London