“Lovely Place”

Ranked #364 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Lovely Place”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Our recent stay was wonderful. Nice room large/comfortable bed and a shower that actually could get too hot. Staff was helpful. Breakfast was excellent with the pastries being the best. The only quibble is similar to most other chain hotels the internet charges are crazy for having paid that much for a room.

Room Tip: The Heritage Suites we stayed in have king size beds which at 6'4" I appreciate.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
AlexanderTM, Front Office Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments with regards to your recent stay with us. I am also very happy to read that you enjoyed your time here at Park International Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your very positive comments regarding our breakfast, staff and you bedroom. These are areas that we do always try excel in.

We do charge for the internet services within our bedrooms and we do offer a complimentary WIFI service. This is available in the reception lobby and all other public areas.

I would like to thank you once again for posting your review and I hope to be welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel again soon.

Kind Regards

Laird Alexander Thomson-McLean
Front Office Manager
Park International Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
devon
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Go left on coming out of the Gloucester road Tube and its an easy three minuet walk you can also walk to all the kensington museums and to the Albert Hall which is why we choose this hotel.Yes the double room was small but very clean and modern it was on the ground floor but nice and quiet so we got a good night sleep each night. I also was not impressed with the female receptionist( Ticky) but all other members of staff were kind and helpful .A hotel that gives you breakfast included in the price is very rare in London and another of the reasons we choose it .It was a jolly good breakfast ,fresh fruit, hot food and pastries served down stairs in a pleasant room .Only one moan ,the flat screen TV in our room kept switching off or freezing and when you turned it on again it took a long time to load.I know you don't need a TV but if you wanted to see the weather forecast in the morning it was a bit of a pain

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I spent the weekend at this hotel with my family, age range 10 to 73 and we all loved it! The hotel itself is very convenient for the tube station, beautifully styled and lovely and clean. The staff were an absolute pleasure and made a real difference to our weekend. Breakfast was great - filled us up for the day and the bar has a really great atmosphere on a Saturday evening. Thanks for a fab weekend, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
AlexanderTM, Front Office Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review after your recent stay with us. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your weekend with us.

I am pleased to see that you took the time to join us in our Checkmate Bar and would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding our cleanliness and friendliness.

Once again I would like to thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back to the Park International again soon.

Kind Regards

Laird Alexander Thomson-McLean
Front Office Manager
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

The Park International Hotel in the Kensington section of London was a reasonable hotel selection for our recent holiday stay in London. Somewhat undramatically sited on busy Cromwell Road near the Gloucester Road Tube station and south of Kensington Gardens, the hotel offered us good value for our money, and my friends and I agreed that we would stay there again if the opportunity arose. The staff were friendly and helpful, our daily breakfast was good, and our rooms were clean. Our rooms overlooked a side street away from Cromwell Road, so they were quiet. (I suspect a room overlooking Cromwell could be noisy.) It appears that the hotel may have recently undergone a significant refurbishment.

There were some odd features. Internet access is free only in the lobby, and you must ask for a new password every hour. A single room is very small and can be difficult to maneuver in if you have much luggage. There are several steps up from the street below, so full handicap accessibility is doubtful. The on-site restaurant and bar are small, but they appeared to do a good business in the evenings.

If you plan to use the Underground for your transportation around London (and the Gloucester Road station is on the Picadilly line from Heathrow Airport), I would recommend looking into the Park International Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the opportunity to complete a review of your recent stay at the Park International Hotel, a was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you would return to us should the opportunity present itself.

I would like to thank you for the positive feedback with regards to the professionalism of our team and the cleanliness of our rooms as these are two areas that we do excel in. I was also pleased to read that you found your room to quiet and comfortable and that you enjoyed or complimentary breakfast that is on offer daily.

I would also like to thank you for recommending our hotel to the TripAdvisor community and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I stayed in a double room for 3 nights and it was a really bad experience... We did not had ANY space for us, or our 2 luggage, you can not even walk, you have to jump through your luggage so you can get to the bathroom, or to move around, I almost take the minibar outside the room ( which by the way, it was empty) to make more room for us.
London was a great experience, but when we came back to the hotel we had to move our 2 luggage again off the bed and place them in the bathroom so we can have some space for us( and we are really thin people) !,,,
Also when we made our check in the service was awful.. The receptionist was making us a favour talking with us and treated us as if she was tured or sick of tourists... So If you plan to go and you see a girl named Ticcky ( she looks japanese ) wait for some one else to help you, she is a mean and tough girl, she even was rude with her partner the concierge at the hotel....she answers with a very bad temper....
The nicest girls were the ones in the dinning room.
Also theres no internet in the rooms so if you want to connect after a hard day and just sit an put your pjs and relax tocheck your emails, you need to put a bathro e and get to the lobby because theres only internet acces in the lobby, so you will see al the guests at 8-9 pm in the lobby trying to connect..it is ridiculous .... Why dont they install it in all the rooms like all the other 4 star hotels?

As a tourist, its a shame that the only time you spend in the hotel is in the night and that experience was a bad one due to the really tiny small rooms.

Room Tip: Too far from all the turistic places in London....
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Gamasa11
Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with our hotel, I am disappointed to hear that on this occasion your stay with us was not an enjoyable one.

I am sorry to hear that you found the room allocated to you to be smaller than you had expected, as our hotel is comprised of a number of interconnected buildings our room size dose vary from room to room however we feel this adds character to the property as opposed to a standardised box that one has become accustomed to when checking into a large chain hotel. Had you contact a member of our front office team with regards to your concerns they would have been able to provide you with a number of alternative rooms and had you relocated to a room of your choosing.

I am surprise to receive your comments regarding your check-in and interactions with Ticky as I have never received any negative feedback from guests or staff regarding her behaviour. To be honest I have only ever received commendations with regards to her level of customer service never the less I shall investigate this further in order to rectify any possible behavioural patterns.

With regards to your feedback on the Wi-fi service available in the hotel, this is accessible from every room in the from the lower ground to the top floor. Had you experienced some difficulties connecting your device one of our front office team would have happily assisted had you advised them during your stay.

North West England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed here for one night over last weekend for our anniversary trip to London. Hotel is conveniently located just a few minutes walk from Gloucester Road Tube. We were allowed to check in at 10.30am which was a bonus and were allocated a room in the basement which was spacious, very well decorated with a lovely, moden bathroom. We even had a small outside patio area. Downside was plumbing noises from rooms above could be heard but this didn't actually cause us any problems as we thought it might. Breakfast was excellent with plentiful, good quality food. Only criticism is that there was a charge for a drink we hadn't ordered buried in the middle of our bar bill and the waitress was not very happy when we pointed this out! All in all would stay there again and have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide us with your feedback of your recent stay with us and for selecting the Park International Hotel as your London location during you anniversary celebration.

I was delighted to read that our front office team were able to accommodate your early check-in and that you had been upgraded to one of our executive rooms. I am also pleased to read that you took advantage of the outside garden and hope that you treated yourself to a fresh pod of coffee from the Nespresso machine.

I am sorry to hear that you had some difficulties with your bar check however I am confident in saying that our team would never deliberately add any additional items to your check that you had not consumed and am pleased that they had it removed once you had identified to them.

I would like to thank you for recommending our hotel to the TripAdvisor community and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very well located less than 2 minutes by walk to the metro station and close to very good restaurants walking distance

Piano bar at night is very lovely. Friendly staff and helpful
Rooms are clean and well maintained. Beds are kind of small in size and the twin room is kind of tiny but you will forget about such details because the rest is very good

Descent breakfast which last till 10 am
Nice lobby

Just to manage your expectations the gym is a tiny room underground with 1 treadmill and 1 machine. If you are on vacation you care less

I recommend this hotel for its location Clean rooms and good staff

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Samer N
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a positive review of your recent stay at our hotel, I was pleased to read that you found the location of the property to be convenient for your requirements.

I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding our staff and for joining us for a night in the piano bar, I do trust that you had an enjoyable evening and that Sam kept you entertained throughout the evening.