“Good single night stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #378 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Woodhall Spa, United Kingdom
“Good single night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed here to attend Christmas Concert at the Royal Albert hall: it is in easy walking distance. Booking was easy through Booking.com and check-in was straightforward with helpful staff. We were on the ground floor in a clean and quiet room with a view of bricks and pipes. Heating was easy to adjust. The bed was comfy, and the ensuite was OK, although the shower head was a bit leaky.
Bettina in the breakfast room was superb, just the kind of person to greet you in the morning!

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff and they will reciprocate.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AlexanderTM, Front Office Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the time with us here at Park International.

Our staff is one of he greatest assets we have and it is wonderful that you have chosen to mention Bettina.

It is also great to see that your room was comfortable and I will ensure that the shower is investigated.

Once again I would like to thank you for posting your review and look forward to welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel again soon.

King Regards

Laird Alexander Thomson-McLean
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed here whilst attending a show at Olympia. We were very pleasantly surprised with the hotel. We had a lovely fourth floor room, not very big but absolutely fine for us. The reception staff were all great as were all the staff that we came across. Breakfast was lovely and super to see proper fresh fruit salad. We would definitely stay again!

One downside, please, please get the goldfish at reception a much larger bowl, one of the reception staff told me they keep dying and I'm not surprised!

Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay with us here at Park International. It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

We like to take pride in the attentiveness of our staff members throughout the hotel and great to read that you enjoyed your interactions.

We also like to provide the best breakfast to help you start your day right.

I will also certainly have a look at finding a new home for our goldfish. I do have one that I wish would just growing.

Kind Regards

Laird Alexander Thomson-McLean
Front Office Manager
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in November. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the service was good. Good selection and breakfast and service was efficient. The rooms are a little small but I would definitely stay here again when next in London.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

The first time I stayed here, I was livid my company booked a hotel in which I had to pay for WiFi in my room (as I do work in my room often). I swore I would never stay here again just based on that fact because I really need internet and it's expensive to pay per day (regardless of the fact that my company would pay for it in the end). I just hate spending money on things I think should be free.

The WiFi was free in the common area at 2 hour time intervals in which you'll have to login again with a different code.

Breakfast-wise, I really enjoyed the breakfast offering and it was served by nice international staff members (that looked like exchanged students to me).

The double room was an adequate size for the area. One time I had a single room and it was pretty small though. I don't even know how I fit another person in my bed, but managed to. Shower is okay size but not great for two people, but I managed to do that too.

The restaurant downstairs was rather nice and not too expensive. I actually enjoyed it. One time I went crazy with ordering food and they had a nice waiter help me carry the food to my room.

Also, one time I didn't have an adapter and they gave me one to use.

If they just gave WiFi, it would definitely improve their image but my stay was pleasant all three times. Very close to the park, Harrods, the Palace, and many museums. I'm a walker so I walked to all those places and loved the scene on my walks. Very pretty and posh area.

Service was good all around. Got to check-in a bit early one time too.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Phillip N
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while on a recent trip to London. The hotel is very conveniently located to major attractions (Hyde Park, major museums and Chelsea are very close), two tube stops, a grocery store and several restaurants. The price was reasonable for London, the rooms very clean and modern.
I heard from other guests that their rooms were small, but we must have been given a larger room due to traveling with our infant son. Unfortunately, our room was inconveniently located between floors so we always had to navigate steps, I don't know if that's true of all the larger rooms or not. I consider that a small price to pay for the additional space even though we were lugging tons of junk around since traveling with a baby.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dewebste78
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Before you order check their internet connectivity rates if you are depending on internet use. The tv-channels were not complete as listed, we missed i.a. BBC 4. Reception had the provider Swisscom phone us and they promised to fix it. They did not. As we checked out they had charged about 10 GBP for the phone call and "service" from Swisscom, which we had to ask to have taken off the bill. Breakfast was good. Windows don't open and air-con did not seem to work well. Room and corridors were clean and recently refurbished. Not good enough for the price.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Kim_MK3453BL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Our review is based on our stay after few issues were resolved. As we were staying 3 nights we were offered up grade for £50 per night, usual cost £60. We declined and felt then that the male receptionist lost interest in us :( We were given small ground floor room just off reception area, it was also too noisy, we knew we wouldn't sleep! Went back to reception and spoke to female receptionist (unfortuantely didn't get her name) who immediately checked and gave us fabulous bigger and quieter room on 4th floor.
We also had issue with TV in our room which didn't work. We had to make few phone calls and were told it would be checked and fixed but it wasn't. After another phone call female receptionist came up to our room and fixed it (YES famale receptionist!). Awesome female receptionists!!!
Apart from that hotel in great location, room/bed very comfortable, shower great. Breakfast was also really good and plenty of everything. No problem using WiFi in reception area either.
Also great restaurant called ASK close to hotel where we had dinner on 2nd night (its beside tube station and Waitrose), delicious food, very busy which we took as good sign and it was!
We would definitely stay here again and recommend to our family and friends. :)

Room Tip: bedrooms on ground level at front of hotel very noisy because of constant stream of traffic
1 Thank Trekker30122012