“A good mystery hotel”

Park International Hotel
Ranked #361 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“A good mystery hotel”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Booked hotel via a hotel booking site as a top secret hotel for three nights. Very happy with the hotel, everything was good with our stay and convenient for travel into Central London. Room was very clean on the side of the hotel and meant that there as no main road noise. On the basis of this hotel would think about booking another top secret hotel and would even think about booking direct with the hotel next time in London. Only issue was the lack of free internet in the room although free in the lobby.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking a moment to review you recent stay at our hotel and for selecting the Park International Hotel on the top secrete hotel website.

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and that the location of our property was convenient for your travel requirements during your time in London. I am delighted to hear that you would chose to book with our hotel once again and I would personally recomend that you contact the hotel directly for the best discounts and deals available.

We look forward to welcoming you back on any future visits you may be planning to London.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We have just been to stay in London for the first time without any children and this was our first stay at the park international, and we could not fault it at all. The service from arriving to leaving was friendly and prompt. We stayed in room 127, the bed was huge and the greeting on the TV was a brilliant touch. The breakfast was great, with a wide selection of choices. and the staff were very helpful and made us feel welcome, I would without a doubt visit this hotel again, and I recommend that you enjoy full use of their facilities upon staying.

Room Tip: check the website gallery for an idea of room type
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Park International Hotel and for selecting our hotel for your fist relaxing weekend retreat away from the family.

I was absolutely delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel from that moment you first walked through our doors to the day of your departure. I shall certainly pass on your feedback to our entire team as it is the wonderful reviews such as yours that inspires each member of each department to do their utmost to ensure that all our guests have pleasant and memorable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed for one night this week in a double room with continental breakfast.
Room smallish, but clean and well appointed.
Breakfast was excellent.
The position of the hotel is superb, not far from Harrods, and Harvey Nichols, and the museums.
Gloucester Road Tube station less than five minutes. Plenty of restaurants, and supermarkets all close to hand.
Would definitely stay here again, great value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Park International Hotel and for scoring us a five out of five on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you had selected our property due to its location and convenient transport links to and from the City centre. I would also like to thank you for the positive feedback you have provided with regards to cleanliness of our rooms and our daily breakfast selection.

We do look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

This was our first stay here and couldn't fault it, our room, 073, was spacious and spotless, the bathroom was huge! the staff were courteous, friendly and very helpful we even managed to book in an hour early. The hot and cold Buffett breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice. There is happy hour in the bar from 17:00 to 19:30 and a live pianist which was great, would we come back again? Of course we would and we definitely will recommend it family and friends.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Madam

Thank you for completing such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us, I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time at our hotel.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the positive feedback you have provided with regards to the comfort of our rooms, professionalism of our team and the variety of options we have on offer each morning for breakfast.

I was also pleased to read that you had the opportunity to join us for an evening in our in our piano bar and that you found the performance from Sam Martin to be great entertainment.

I would like to thank you for recommending the Park International Hotel to fellow TripAdvisor readers and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Windermere
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Have just returned from a 2 night stay in this hotel! It was great! The staff were all very friendly and helpful! The rooms are on the smaller side, but spotlessly clean and as you are out all day, this is not a problem! The shower was excellent!
A good full English breakfast is served alongside a lighter option if required (fresh fruit, cereal, etc.).
The hotel is very close to Gloucester Road tube station so it's very easy to get around London!
I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at our hotel, I was delighted to read that your time with us was both enjoyable and memorable.

I would like to thank you for the wonderful feedback you have provided with regards to the professionalism of our team and the cleanliness of our rooms as these are two areas that we pride ourselves upon. I was also pleased to hear that you enjoyed or selection on offer during breakfast as we have recently undergone a transformation within this area and now have a wider variety of fresh products along with the introduction of freshly made waffles.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Booked afternoon tea for my friend and myself on my birthday - my friend is a wheelchair user. I rang prior to the day to check access and also to check that our wheat and dairy-free requirements would be met and was assured all would be fine. We arrived to find reception staff inattentive and unwelcoming, mostly on the phone at the desk, despite hovering guests. The ramp took ages to appear despite prior notice so my friend had to go to the local Waitrose to use their lavs as she was in need! Our waitress was surly throughout. Our sandwiches were dry and dull without margarine, mayonnaise, or adequate fillings (one was plain tomato!), even though there are fine non-dairy margarine products (such as Pure) available. I had to nip to the shop to buy a milk
alternative for our coffee which did not amuse me. We had fruit salad instead of cakes even though a quick trip to the local shop, or glance at a recipe book would have provided superb dairy/wheat-free options. We had a wonderful time because we enjoy each other's company but we were most unimpressed by the quality of service and the food.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lindsay H
Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the opportunity to inform me of your recent visit to our Checkmate Bar and Restaurant. I am sorry to hear that on this occasion there had been some complications with regards to your specified requirements which made your experience with us less favourable.

I will personally investigate this matter with both my front office and food and beverage teams in order to determine why that had failed to accommodate your requests. In the interim I would like to extend my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your visit and would be happy to discuss this matter further with you should you wish to contact me directly.

I do look forward to hearing from you.

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel for New Year's Eve. Conveniently placed for the tube station, Waitrose and a few restaurants. Check in was quick. We were given a room in the basement, however, it was an upgraded Executive room and was very nice. Quite a good sized room too. Two twin beds with nice comfy pillows and lovely white sheets. Two comfy chairs and a table, tea/coffee making facilities, large flat screen tv and a good shower with plenty of towels provided. Didn't hear a thing from any other guests.

Breakfast was very good, plenty to choose from and everything replenished quickly, tea/coffee provided at table quickly too.

Was pleased we picked this hotel and would recommend and stay again if needed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Madam

I would like to thank you for completing such a wonderful review of your recent say with us and for selecting the Park International Hotel as your base to stay whilst welcoming in the new year.

I was delighted to read that you received an efficient and professional check-in upon your arrival as well as a complimentary upgrade to one of our executive rooms. I would like to thank you for mentioning the size of the room as well as the facilities available however for highlighting the most important aspect of your stay which was the comfort of the room itself. I would also like to thank you for the positive feedback you have provide with regards to our breakfast selection and our service team and for recommending our hotel to fellow TripAdvisor readers.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.