“Sadly I had item's stolen from my room”

Park International Hotel
Ranked #335 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed for 2 nights and I have to say it’s a nice hotel and good value on a budget. Clean but small rooms and pretty well maintained. Bed was comfy and the shower and bathroom were nice. I hit the gym downstairs which was basic but done the job.

I was in room 509 facing the main road and it was a bit noisy and the aircon didn’t work but it was still a nice place to stay in a good location.

On the second night however I came back in from dinner and electric tooth brush and x2 travel toothpastes had been removed from my room. I called reception and was unhelpfully told how well paid the staff are and that they had been cleaning rooms for years.
I pointed out that I believed it was a genuine cleaning error and it was possible the cleaner had binned my items in error. (Cost to replace them is £55 – not a standard toothbrush in case you think I was crazy!)

I was called back the next day and told they had checked the laundry and all the bins (Hmmm) and didn’t find it so it must be in my bag. I have never had such poor customer service ever in all my years travelling.
I would never stay here again and have asked it be removed from the list of approved hotels via my work. All the hotel had to do was replace it or at least apologise!!

I have tried several times to resolve the situation but the hotel is simply not interested.

So if staying here be warned that either the staff are extremely careless or have sticky fingers!!

Room Tip: Try not to take a room on the main road as its really noisy.
2  Thank P D
Karl G, General Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Sir

Thank you for the feedback you have provided with regards to your recent stay with us, I was pleased to read that you had found your room to be clean, comfortable and well maintained.

I am however disappointed to read that you feel that our staff are “ careless or have sticky figures” and would just throw away an electric tooth brush which was attached to a charger. To accidently bump a toothbrush of the shelf is one thing but to discard and entire set is something I do not believe an experienced member of our team would do. I return to your second point regarding “Sticky fingers” and I am confident in saying that no one at this property would use a strangers second hand toothbrush.

We as hoteliers know that human error is inevitable and there are occasions where accidents occur however when this happens we will accept full responsibility and do what is necessary to compensate our guest for any loss or damage sustained however we did not find this to be the case on this occasion.

Karl Goebel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,227)

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Everything worked like a charm. I stayed with my daughter in the Park International for five nights and all the time the personnel were really friendly and helpful. I suppose we were lucky to have a room on Cromwell Road side fourth floor, with descent view. The room was quite small, but very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was great! The staff was busy keeping people happy, tables clear and food available.

Location by the Piccadilly Line was one of the main reasons to choose this hotel. We used the tube for transport from and to Heathrow. Gloucester Road tube station made moving very easy and quick to any attractions.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janne M

Dear Madam

Thank you for completing a review of your recent stay it always a pleasure to read wonderful feedback like yours.

I was delighted to read that your stay with us was a memorable one and this appears to have been greatly influenced by the service you had received form our team. It is one of our greatest achievements at Park International Hotel to have a team that genuinely wants to get to know our guests during their time with us and assist in any way possible to ensure that their stay with us is as enjoyable as possible. I will happily forward on your feedback to every department as I am confident that they will enjoy your wonderful feedback as much as you had enjoyed their service.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel on any future trips you may be planning to London.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The prospect is nice the erality is Average - small rooms (like many other London Hotels) ... bath room in mini size ... service - if you hve a problem after 16:00 the same ...hmmmm and the price leaves for opportunity to other hotels

2  Thank Gert K

Dear Sir

Thank you for completing a review your recent stay at our hotel. I am disappointed to hear that you found your stay to be, well “Average”!

I am sorry to hear that you found your room to be smaller than expected however I am a slightly confused by your statement “if you have a problem after 16h00 the same”. We constantly have a supervisor at our Front Desk between the hours of 07h00-23h00 and the management team including myself do not generally leave the property before 18h00 and we are always on hand to assist wherever possible. Had there been anything you may have required assistance with we would have been more happy to help.

I do feel that our hotel is competitively priced with in our local area and I can say with confidence that if shop around for a better rate you will defiantly be compromising on quality and standards.

We do look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were meeting family and needed a hotel for one night. The hotel where we normally stay was full as was many other hotels around South Bank/Covent Garden ... We then realised it was the weekend of the London Marathon! We used a few hotel search websites and this hotel came up at a relatively reasonable price.

We found it really easily - a very short walk from Gloucester Road tube station. The check in was very quick as we had already paid for the stay. We were a bit worried when we were told we were in the basement ... Room 001!! However these worries were unfounded ... The room was lovely. Very bright with a huge window. Lovely and clean too!

We only stayed one night and left after the inclusive brekkie next morning. The breakfast was more than adequate ... Buffet style with all the usual stuff. There were other things on the menu which you could order and pay extra for. The breakfast room was lovely and bright too! I got the impression that the hotel has recently been refurbished!

Our one complaint was that the shower head in the bathroom leaked quite a bit so the power wasn't what it could have been but the water was nice and hot!

We would definitely consider going West again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kazziecon

Dear Madam

Thank you for providing us with such in depth feedback of your recent stay with us, I am pleased that you had the opportunity venture out from your usual residence and that our hotel did not disappoint.

I was a pleasure to read that our front office team provided you with an efficient and professional check-in service and that your fears of being allocated room number 001 were unfounded. As you had been assigned to one of our Executive rooms and I am hoping that you made yourself one of those lovely Nespressos that are appointed just for this room type.

I would like to thank you for the wonderful comments regarding the décor and atmosphere of our breakfast room as well as the items that we have on offer. Perhaps during your next visit you can order the chefs speciality eggs benedict and I can vouch for her when I say they are scrummsish.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Was very pleased with service, location & actual restaurant.
Food was delivious & well presented, waiter showed so much effort. Atmosphere was anazing too.
Thanks to bar manager fitting us in into them fully booked schedule.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Madam

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your Afternoon Tea experience, I am absolutely delighted that you and your collage had an amazing time.

I do have a wonderful announcement to make as our Food and Beverage Manager and Head Chef have been working in the kitchen to come up with a new Afternoon Tea selection that would not only please the palate but look amazing too. We will officially launch our wonderful new Afternoon on Monday the 5th of May and we would love for you to return and sample it to let us know what you think!!

We look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed here for a week in March 2014, so I became pretty familiar with the place. I was staying in a single room, and it looked just like the depiction on the hotel's web site: clean but spartan. The bathroom was clean with modern fixtures. If anything, the fixtures were TOO modern for an old guy like me: It took me some trial and error to figure out how to adjust the shower, for instance, but once I got it figured out, everything was good. I was worried there might not be enough power outlets (I use a CPAP) but there were an adequate number. Noise was never a problem. The only complaint I had about the room was that the mattress could have been better. It wasn't a deal breaker, though. One has to pay extra for in-room wi-fi, but you can get an hour a day of free wi-fi in the lobby, which is what I relied upon. The free wi-fi in the lobby was slow. I chatted with my family across the pond using Facetime, but the image would sometimes freeze up and I would only get audio. For basic email checking, etc., however, the free lobby wi-fi was sufficient. I did not place great demands on the front desk, but on the few occasions I needed assistance, they were polite and helpful. There is an underground station just a couple blocks away, which was very convenient. The neighborhood wasn't fright inducing. I felt comfortably safe walking from the subway to the hotel at night. Near the underground station there was a grocery store, a couple sit down restaurants, and some American fast food places -- Starbucks and Burger King. Is it clear yet that I am cheap? I ate some of my meals at the Burger King, which was --- well, Burger King. FYI, you get more chicken nuggets in an East Coast American Burger King meal than in the ones in London, which is probably why the Brits aren't carrying the pounds I do. I was surprised in reading the reviews to find some visitors complaining about the free included breakfast. I found it to be very good. There was a wide selection of cereals, croissants, muffins, fruit, ham, sausage, eggs - and quite likely a few more things I am not remembering. I had ham and eggs and coffee most mornings; it was pretty much like the traditional English breakfast I was served at a bed and breakfast when I first visited London 40 years ago. The breakfast room was large and airy and (in March, at least) there were plenty of tables. There is a hostess who assigns you a table - a very civilized dining experience.

One last thing: I was in London working at the National Archives in Kew, and I wanted to stay near an underground station that had a direct District Line train to Kew and also a direct Piccadilly line train to Heathrow. The tube stop near this hotel had both, which cut a lot of time off my commutes.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank VirginiaProf
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed here with 3 colleagues on a 6 day business trip. The positives - great location, near two tube stations, (Gloucester Road and Earl's Court) decent restaurants and shopping, etc. The room was very small, clean, decent linens and towels, etc. The hair dryer was annoyingly not in the bathroom, but that is typical of Europe and the UK, but you had to press the on-button to keep it going the entire time. The bathroom was very small and the shower was a tube that you could stand in and just turn-around. Flat screen TV with limited channels but we were there on business and not to watch TV so it was ok. Now to the negatives: furniture in the lobby well worn and not terribly clean. The wi-fi was horribly expensive and you had limited data. It was free in the lobby and bar/restaurant but not without a password and access code that had to be updated hourly. The breakfast was passable - not great and the coffee was horrible. Even though breakfast was included in our deal after the 2nd day we all shuddered at the thought of it and went to Caffe Nero's. All in the all, the price was right, and because we had 3 of us for a week, with limited time in the room except to sleep, we put up with it. Would I say here again? No, there are other economical options for business travel that I would opt for first. If price is what drives your decision picking this hotel won't be a disappointment for you. If you are looking for something a little more upscale in terms of amenities and decor - go elsewhere.