“Nice hotel, great location”

Park International Hotel
Ranked #350 of 1,069 Hotels in London
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice hotel, great location”
Reviewed 14 May 2004

We stayed there April 3rd -8th and then again April 11th - 14th. The very first night we arrived, we were put into a small, cramped room that looked like it was in the basement. We could barely get our luggage in there. Although it was quiet, as we asked for, it was very dark. We asked to be moved, and we decided to upgrade. The person at the front desk assured us that the basement room was the better room, but I wasn't convinced. The lady at the desk then stepped in and gave us room 310. It had one of the nicest, softest hotel beds I've ever stayed in. The bed was right next to the door so we heard a lot of noise, but we were away from the street, so no traffic noise which was nice. The last part of our trip was April 11th - 14th. Room 310 was booked so we got Room 410. This room was quiet a bit of space for London standards. All room had a refrigerator. Room 410 had a bed as hard a rock, but it was away from the door, so it was very quiet. Off the street as well. I did have to put my blankets underneath me because the bed was so hard, but that's the only compliant that I had. The location of the hotel couldn't be better. It's across the street from Sainsbury's grocery, a laundromat, as well as a cyber cafe. It's also 3 blocks from the Glouchester Square stop. Perfect for trips to downtown twice a day. A couple of nice and inexpensive restaurants nearby as well. I would stay there again. Everything was very clean!

• Stayed April 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 April 2004

What a wonderful hotel. We stayed there for our 10th wedding anniversary because of the price and were very impressed. The hotel had such a nice personality. The decor and atmosphere of the hotel gave us a true London welcome and the staff was so receptive and friendly. We enjoyed the great location to shops and activities a lot. But most of all we could not believe the price. We were not expecting anything real special since we had booked at one of the less expensive hotels but we knew once we checked in we had a real bargain. Thank you so much to the management and staff for making our stay so memorable and enjoyable. We will definitely stay there again.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 April 2004

I will highly recommend the Park International Hotel to anyone. From the minute I walked into the lobby I knew this was a great choice. The interior design is beautiful and the staff are professional and accomodating. My room was spotless and very comfortable. We had breakfast each morning at the hotel. Why not? It was delicious and convenient. If you are looking for a hotel that is centrally located, very clean and has a lovely atmosphere - then search no more. The Park Hotel deserves an excellent rating.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 April 2004

I've stayed at the Park International Hotel at least ten times over the past four years and am always pleased with both the rooms and the service. Staff always go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Breakfast is consistently good; rooms are clean and well appointed. Together with those important things, the great location in South Kensington next to the Gloucester Rd. tube and the reasonable prices mean I'll keep staying, and also highly recommend it to everyone going to London.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 April 2004

Unbelievable location with service to match. We originally only planned to stay for 3 nights but enjoyed the hotel and amenities so much that after speaking to management we agreed to stay the remaining two nights of our holiday with the Park International hotel. The convenience to the tube station and local shopping fare make it great but the value for the quality make it outstanding. We will definitely stay again on our return trip to London this fall. Don't change a thing. Thank you.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lawrence, KS
Reviewed 18 April 2004

The room was cramped, but clean. I can't believe that we stayed at the same hotel as the other reviews. Any request we had was always met with an astonished, "No one has ever asked that before." Toilet paper?

One evening I was having problems with the internet connection and couldn't get back to the main page with the help number. I called down to the front desk to see if they had it. I was met with extreme defensiveness. "No one has ever complained about the internet before." me - "I just want the telephone number on the start-up screen." them - " Just do it again." me - " I can't. That's why I want the telephone number." them- "No one has ever had this problem." ...
Oh well.

The next request was for an adapter. No luck. We asked about a bus trip and a sightseeing question - no idea. Finally we nicknamed the front desk - The No Service Group and gave up.

Until.... the rat in the room. I screamed as the rat ran about for a while. I called the front desk. Surprise - "No one has ever had a rat in their room." Finally the rat ran out under the door. When the front desk person finally arrived 25 minutes later, he said that if the rate came back that my husband could take care of it. Thank god it was the last night. I didn't sleep and couldn't wait to leave.

That's not all. They overcharged us on telephone calls. The room had one rate, but the desk clerk help up another sheet of paper. He said " See right here." We gave up.

DON"T STAY HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO STUDY THE RATS.

8 Thank TexasIndia
, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2004
I would like to add further that it is hard to respond to a complaint when the complaintant does not leave their name, or complain to any staff or management while they are at the premises. I dont even know if this person really was a guest or if the complaintant is another competitor trying to damage my business. Unidentified complaints are difficult to give credence to. Dan Jensen
NY, NY
Reviewed 14 April 2004

I stayed here for four nights from April 3rd to the 7th before traveling to Paris. Park International Hotel is in a safe and wonderful location, easily accessible to just about anywherein London via the Tube (Glousester Rd.Station). Our room was pretty big relatively speaking and immaculate! The staff are fantastic...on the first evening I thought there was something wrong with the TV remote (turns out I just didn't know how to use a Britain remote!) and one of the staff was up in my room almost immediately to fix it. The staff is also very knowledgeable about directions to popular areas and landmarks in London. Breakfast was more than adequate and a great way to start the day for a tourist. I would definitely stay here again!!!

5 Thank Travel_Lady_NY