“Great location”

Ranked #353 of 1,068 Hotels in London
perth
“Great location”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel in a great area of London. Only a five minute walk to the museum district (NHM, V&A and the Royal Albert Hall). And right next to Gloucester Road tube station. The hotel is clean and well decorated and is a lovely old building. The only slight complaint would be that the beds are not as comfortable as they could be. The breakfast was a standard hotel breakfast so nothing special but the coffee was great!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank hellz2k7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Barrigada, Mariana Islands
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Overall park international hotel was good. Meet my needs- quiet clean rooms, air conditioned, staff was helpful. Asked for adaptors they delivered asked for directions they instructed doesn't take a lot to impress me.The breakfast buffet was great included eggs, sausages, bacon, hash browns, waffles, breads. The only downsize was the wifi. Had to purchase instead of coming with the room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KarenNadia
Sydney Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

As stated this hotel has small rooms they supply free wifi but you need to sit in reception not good enough these days,hotel is in a great position near Harrods and Hyde park ,great breakfast with good atmosphere and nice bar I would rate it four star

Stayed September 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We visiting as a family for 4 nights 1 triple room and 1 twin room. When we arrive at the hotel the reception only give us 1 key per room by the reason that the hotel is fully booked on that night. The service is not worth the 4 stars standard at all no bell boy and concierge not standby.When we need a service every time we must queuing . WiFi only free at the lobby and in the triple room they provided 1-Prince size bed(really small if sleep for 2 average person you could not move) and 1 small bed. Breakfast was OK for a complimentary.

Room Tip: Some room are quite bigger (Triple room at the 0 floor)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank TToos
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

When we arrived in our room we sat on a bed to relax for a moment and our butts almost hit the floor! The bed was all springs!! It was horrible. We immediately went to the front desk and asked for the mattresses to be changed, but they could not accommodate us. The next day they were able to change our room. The beds were slightly better in the new room... but not fantastic. Certainly something that we were disappointed in.

We were travelling with our teenage son and they provided him with fairly decent single bed (not a roll away cot, which was nice and certainly more comfortable for him). His mattress was better than ours. The room configuration for 3 people was actually not as cramped as we had expected for a London hotel.

The room was reasonably clean and the front desk staff were very friendly.

The breakfast buffet was very nice. Lots of selections.

Room Tip: I have no idea if all of their rooms have horrible beds, but if that's important to you, then be...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gayle S
Tickky P, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Suderman,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Park International Hotel. I am disappointed you did not find our beds comfortable however, I am thankful you have provided us with this feedback so I can address the matter.

We hope to welcome you back to Park International Hotel in the near future so we can demonstrate our efficiency to your feedback.

Best Regards,

Rory Gissing
Operations Manager
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My short stay at this handsome but overpriced hotel was completely overshadowed by the hotel management's failure to make any concession or consideration for the TV in my room which came out of the wall during my stay.
My check-in and stay was managed by helpful and attentive staff but during the night I attempted to adjust the TV. In the process, the screws which were in the plasterboard, but not the stud of the wall came away and the TV became dislodged.
The TV then had to rest on the bench, with dust and wall detritus across the coffee and tea making facilities.
After waiting 10 minutes for someone to come and attend to the problem, I was told it couldn't be fixed. I was also told after another 10 minutes that no other rooms were available. By this time is was quite late so I went to bed.
When I checked out I asked that the hotel to acknowledge the inconvenience of the incident and critical design floor which resulted in the TV coming away from the wall. After a long and technical discussion with a harried but diligent trainee manager, I was told the General Manager was too busy to talk with me and that no financial consideration would be provided for the inconvenience.
This was a terrible example of customer service. Even a token acknowledgement and apology for the inconvenience - a complimentary drink or something would have been appreciated. But the arrogance and intransigence of the hotel manager refusing to meet with me has left a very bad taste in my mouth.
Apart from that, the rooms are tiny with no views and a stale smell in the corridors. The rooms are very pricey and combined with the poor example set by management, this hotel is to be avoided if good customer service and value is important to you.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank RobandJessF
paris
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I din't recommend this hotel as he doesn't match the 4 stars hotel sandards...would have been happy if I would have booked in a 3 stars....(this a mass market/tourist 4* only)
- Room so small with no drawer !
- Room service after 10.30 serves only club sandwich...you can not order the other dishes in the menu (should be a real 24/7)
- additional 4£ charge for room service (never seen that before)
- a mini bar in the room .....but empty !!....because we wre staying in a "classical/standard" room !! unbelievable
- poor breaskfast quality (but free of charge)...(I was happy to have a real English breakfast....one of the worst I never had - I often stay in 4* hotel for my job but not in the UK. ...this breakfast was rellay not qualitative...scrambled eggs was a bad cooked omelette....)
- WIFI charged in the room, free but with a code in the lobby....
- Price to taxi booking to go to the airport are not the same in the room directory and at the lobby (85 vs 90£), then need to fight to pay with credit card despite this option was requested when booking at the front desk....

We stayed 4 nights in this hotel...
so, I would really not recommand this hotel !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple